+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Alright I applied in person today. They said if all goes well it should be ready on the 18th. The agent really encouraged me to accept mailing...which is a risk in my eyes. He says that they will mail it as soon as they have it ready which could be before the 18th.

I only had to wait 1h30 and I got to the passport office at about 11:57 AM.

Reactions: tejaspan and $Navi$

tuobawen

Jul 16, 2022
Applied in person at Richmond Passport Office on Nov 23. Mailed out on Dec 3 and picked up on Dec 5. Passport issued on Nov 29. DO NO rely on online tracker as the status for me was always "We are processing your application" even until I picked up the passport...
BTW, old design.

senthilkumarank

Star Member
Apr 27, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2018
AOR Received.
04-11-2018
Please suggest guys. I’m waiting for Oath. After oath completion can I walk-in into the passport office to apply passport or can I book an appointment? Nearby passport offices don’t have any appointments either. FYI I’m not in a hurry, but it’s better to get a passport ASAP

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Please suggest guys. I’m waiting for Oath. After oath completion can I walk-in into the passport office to apply passport or can I book an appointment? Nearby passport offices don’t have any appointments either. FYI I’m not in a hurry, but it’s better to get a passport ASAP
Did you apply with urgent processing?

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
Has your oath been scheduled yet? If you are looking to speed up the passport process you could start gathering the parts that won't change. Like your name, your guarantors, your references. Then once you have a scheduled oath take the pictures. Wait for the certificate. Get all the signatures.

Now depending on the timing you can walk in. I waited an hour and a half. Or you can go ahead and book an appointment. But they are booking for December 22 last I checked

Reactions: senthilkumarank

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Alright I applied in person today. They said if all goes well it should be ready on the 18th. The agent really encouraged me to accept mailing...which is a risk in my eyes. He says that they will mail it as soon as they have it ready which could be before the 18th.

I only had to wait 1h30 and I got to the passport office at about 11:57 AM.
When I went, they recommended pick-up. They said that Canada Post may be delayed due to the holiday season. The agent saw that I had travel plans for Dec. 30. So, I guess that is why they recommended it. I had an appointment on Nov. 30, and they told me to come pick it up on Dec. 14 (i.e. 10 business days later).

Reactions: AnonyKaty

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Hello guys,

I am planning for applying for a new passport next week in the GTA. I am opting for Urgent delivery method. I would appreciate your inputs by letting me know your experience with regards to the office location and the design type (new or old).

I heard that the Victoria St one in Toronto is issuing new designs. Anyone have an idea about Toronto/Kitchener/Hamilton/St Catherine's location? I am wanting the older design. Trying to see which office is providing that based on your experience.

mnukkiral

Star Member
Jan 14, 2019
Applied in person at Richmond Passport Office on Nov 23. Mailed out on Dec 3 and picked up on Dec 5. Passport issued on Nov 29. DO NO rely on online tracker as the status for me was always "We are processing your application" even until I picked up the passport...
BTW, old design.
If I may ask, what does it mention under the location section on the passport bio page? is it Richmond, Toronto, Ottawa, Gatineau?

thepharmaguy

Star Member
Oct 6, 2020
Hi All...I had my oath ceremony on Dec 6th and I am currently waiting for my citizenship certificate...Has anyone applied in person for passport at Kitchener ON Service Canada?...I was planning to walk-in as there are no appointments available next week...how long is the wait time?

SoHunny

Apr 25, 2019
Hi All...I had my oath ceremony on Dec 6th and I am currently waiting for my citizenship certificate...Has anyone applied in person for passport at Kitchener ON Service Canada?...I was planning to walk-in as there are no appointments available next week...how long is the wait time?
I did in-person at Kitchener. Do you have travel plans? If not, I recommend mailing it in. If you go walk-in, you will be waiting for a couple of hours at least. It was quite busy when I went. Thankfully, I had an appointment, so no waiting for me.

You can check waiting times here: https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/tbsc-fsco/sc-dsp.jsp?rc=3010&lang=eng

Reactions: thepharmaguy