+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
When I went, they recommended pick-up. They said that Canada Post may be delayed due to the holiday season. The agent saw that I had travel plans for Dec. 30. So, I guess that is why they recommended it. I had an appointment on Nov. 30, and they told me to come pick it up on Dec. 14 (i.e. 10 business days later).
So the update is that they tried to deliver the passport today (On December 15 ahead of the date given which was given to me at the appointment --December 18). I missed the delivery so I'm picking it up tomorrow.

When I had gone to the Passport Office the agent who recommended that I let them mail it, said that the passport gets mailed out as soon as it is printed. So for my case, the passport was printed and mailed and almost delivered today. Which is ahead of schedule.

My recommendations for other people is to ask the agent what they recommend

Reactions: $Navi$ and SoHunny

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
So the update is that they tried to deliver the passport today (On December 15 ahead of the date given which was given to me at the appointment --December 18). I missed the delivery so I'm picking it up tomorrow.

When I had gone to the Passport Office the agent who recommended that I let them mail it, said that the passport gets mailed out as soon as it is printed. So for my case, the passport was printed and mailed and almost delivered today. Which is ahead of schedule.

My recommendations for other people is to ask the agent what they recommend
I went in on Thursday in person and asked for a pickup since I travel Jan 13. The agent also recommended I let them mail it and he expects I will get it on 3rd Jan.

Reactions: AnonyKaty

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
I was finally able to get my passport from the post office. They attempted to deliver it on Friday morning. Missed me. And then the Canada Post dropped it off at my local post office on Friday night. I picked it up from there this morning.

I got the new design and I applied in Toronto

Timeline:
Applied: December 4
Application method: In person
Expected Mail out date : December 18
Issue date: December 14
First delivery: December 15
Actual day I received it : December 16

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
I am hopeful someone here who has recently applied in person for their first passport can confirm for me whether or not they take your original paper citizenship certificate if that is the kind you have. I see on their sites that if you apply in person they just check your IDs and hand them back, but what they do with the certificate is unclear. Any insights are appreciated. Thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am hopeful someone here who has recently applied in person for their first passport can confirm for me whether or not they take your original paper citizenship certificate if that is the kind you have. I see on their sites that if you apply in person they just check your IDs and hand them back, but what they do with the certificate is unclear. Any insights are appreciated. Thank you!
Yes, they give them back (in my experience), on the spot (I think they scan them first).

R17

Star Member
Oct 27, 2023
Yes, they give them back (in my experience), on the spot (I think they scan them first).
Do you mean the IDs AND the citizenship certificate or just the IDs as my question is specific to what they do with the paper certificate for an in-person application. Thanks for clarifying.

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Old design.
Did they call your Guarantor? I am supposed to pick up passport from Kitchener office this coming friday and my Guarantor hasn’t yet got any call from Passport office. I have travel coming up on Christmas eve and delay in passport is the last thing I want.

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Did they call your Guarantor? I am supposed to pick up passport from Kitchener office this coming friday and my Guarantor hasn’t yet got any call from Passport office. I have travel coming up on Christmas eve and delay in passport is the last thing I want.
Mostly urgent ones get a call. Normal processing one mostly don't get a call.

Reactions: desmat

tejaspan

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Status update:

Applied in person in Cambridge, ON on 29th Nov, Normal processing. Mail out date was 29th Dec.

Status now: Your passport has been printed and mailed