+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Hi Guys,

My guarantor was called after I submitted for my passport, they asked him for my address. He didn’t know my exact address but said I live somewhere close to X street. Just wanted to ask if that will be ok ?

Thanks
don't worry about if any problem they are call you otherwise every thing ok you can collect your passport due date.

Reactions: tbear

Linear M

Mar 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
Other
Adult Passport application:
Is an expired Driver license acceptable ID for 1st passport? or do I renew it first?
I have valid health card but no signatures on it, can it work?

Child Passport Application:
Has someone applied for minor /child passport inside Canada bur used photos that were taken outside of Canada? Asking since kids not accompanying me in Canada?

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
Adult Passport application:
Is an expired Driver license acceptable ID for 1st passport? or do I renew it first?
I have valid health card but no signatures on it, can it work?

Child Passport Application:
Has someone applied for minor /child passport inside Canada bur used photos that were taken outside of Canada? Asking since kids not accompanying me in Canada?
As per my experience, any one ID is required to be valid. It can be your home country current passport too.

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Can anyone help with a small question. Do they keep your citizenship certificate for processing or they return it to you after verifying during the appointment/in person application.

Also, if they take it, can I also pick it up during my passport pick up ? Or they’d mail it anyway.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
Can anyone help with a small question. Do they keep your citizenship certificate for processing or they return it to you after verifying during the appointment/in person application.

Also, if they take it, can I also pick it up during my passport pick up ? Or they’d mail it anyway.
in person application ID and certificate after verify , return your id and certificate

Reactions: Koushani

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
in person application ID and certificate after verify , return your id and certificate
for in-person application, passport officials verify then and there and will return you the citizenship document.

Reactions: Koushani

kenjia01

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
For those who are thinking about applying for the passport abroad:

I applied for my first passport at an embassy (in Asia) on Feb 1, they completed the verification process the next day, and my passport is now available for pick up, so 8 business days in total. Crazy how fast it is, given that they also have to mail it overseas.

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016

I applied for my first passport at an embassy (in Asia) on Feb 1, they completed the verification process the next day, and my passport is now available for pick up, so 8 business days in total. Crazy how fast it is, given that they also have to mail it overseas.
Congrats Kenjia, that is super fast for an overseas application. I was told 10 business days for an in Canada Passport application.

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018

Passport Canada and similar services by missions abroad have normal processing time now. Canada has been taking extended excuse cum abuse of Covid-19 for delayed citizen across services .
Glad you got passport on within/faster time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

They send passports through diplomatic bag/courier direct from Ottawa to missions. In most cases that's probably once or twice a week, so plus/minus a week or so based on just luck and how efficient mailrooms are at each end. Which is to say, it's mostly dependent on how fast Passport Canada delivers the physical passport to whichever dept does the courier bit.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Submitted In person Passport Request.

Lined up at Feb 06, 2023 6:30 AM, 3rd person.

By 8 AM, Security gave token to send first 5 folks directly to office without checking paper work. All after 5, sent to seperate room for document check before sending to office.

I had application, supporting documents signed by Guarantor, But all it mattered was Flight ticket showing i'm travelling within 40 Hours, In my case I had ticket next day booked to USA.

Accepted as Urgent Pick up, Officer told my Guarantor will receive call, and I can pick my passport by 2 PM on the same day.

he received call by 10AM, All went well.

I received my passport by Feb 06, 2023 2:30 PM.