+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

arlaadaa

Aug 22, 2022
Hi, Will I be able to submit in-person passport application for my wife, which is an urgent next business day processing.

hallelujahbaby

Nov 14, 2022
Toronto
Submitted In person Passport Request.

Lined up at Feb 06, 2023 6:30 AM, 3rd person.

By 8 AM, Security gave token to send first 5 folks directly to office without checking paper work. All after 5, sent to seperate room for document check before sending to office.

I had application, supporting documents signed by Guarantor, But all it mattered was Flight ticket showing i'm travelling within 40 Hours, In my case I had ticket next day booked to USA.

Accepted as Urgent Pick up, Officer told my Guarantor will receive call, and I can pick my passport by 2 PM on the same day.

he received call by 10AM, All went well.

I received my passport by Feb 06, 2023 2:30 PM.
Thanks for sharing and congrats - Did both of your references receive a call as well? Do you know what they were asked exactly?

Hoping to use a notary public as a Guarantor, and put down two of my friends as references.

sentraj

Nov 16, 2016
Thanks for sharing and congrats - Did both of your references receive a call as well? Do you know what they were asked exactly?

Hoping to use a notary public as a Guarantor, and put down two of my friends as references.
They only called my Guarantor, No calls to References. Both of my references were also Canadians whom I know for more than 5 years.

Sentraj

Reactions: hallelujahbaby

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
Is there a tracker for passports the way we have one for citizenship applications? I took a cursory glance at a few posts from the past few weeks and it seems like normal processing standards are back? Is this accurate or are these outliers?

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
For those who are thinking about applying for the passport abroad:

I applied for my first passport at an embassy (in Asia) on Feb 1, they completed the verification process the next day, and my passport is now available for pick up, so 8 business days in total. Crazy how fast it is, given that they also have to mail it overseas.
did you leave Canada with just citizenship certificate?

tbear

Aug 12, 2014
Abu Dhabi
Category........
Visa Office......
London (BWJ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2014
Doc's Request.
26/08/2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application - 7.5
Med's Done....
08/09/2016
Passport Req..
13/09/2016
got my passport today, exactly 10 days from application

jsjaspreet93

Star Member
Jan 9, 2016
Hello everyone, sharing my timeline below

Passport applied in person - 15 Feb ( normal service)
checked status by calling +1-819-997-8338 . was told the application has been approved but not mailed yet. Agent told me to call back in a couple of days to get the tracking number if the passport has been mailed by then.

Thanks.

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Applied passport in person in Passport Canada on 13th Feb. Mail-out date given as 27th Feb.

Today upon inquiring was told it’s approved but still being processed means it’s not printed yet. Asked me to call back on Friday to get the Tracking#.