05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
what did u indicate in the forms??

It depends on your selection in the form.
they can cancel the previous one and return it to you, or they just destroy the previous one.
Not really necessary unless there's valid visas in it….
Best to request that old passports be returned to you in case you ever need it. I didn't think I'd need my old passports that didn't have valid visas in them, but I'm glad I kept them, both because the Canadian PR and citizenship applications ask for copies of passports in the last 5-10 years, and question 13 on the citizenship application that asks about immigration or citizenship status in countries that covers a lifetime.

americandesimd

Aug 10, 2014
Has anyone recently gotten their passport file transferred to the local office for urgent processing? I did it on 7th October and have not heard anything from the office yet. I have a travel date of 31st October
Thanks!

Has anyone recently gotten their passport file transferred to the local office for urgent processing? I did it on 7th October and have not heard anything from the office yet. I have a travel date of 31st October
Thanks!
I did. On the 7th as well. Travel date of Nov 5. Heard nothing back from the local office yet.

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Below is a timeline for an in person application for a minor child.
Booked an in person appointment at Passport Canada office in Kitchener for October 3rd, 2022.
Provided a travel date for last week of November. Agent did not ask for any travel itinerary.
Did not pay for any expedite fee.
Passport delivered Oct 13th, 2022 through Canada Post.
Passport was produced the very next day on Oct 4th, 2022.

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Below is a timeline for an in person application for a minor child.
Booked an in person appointment at Passport Canada office in Kitchener for October 3rd, 2022.
Provided a travel date for last week of November. Agent did not ask for any travel itinerary.
Did not pay for any expedite fee.
Passport delivered Oct 13th, 2022 through Canada Post.
Passport was produced the very next day on Oct 4th, 2022.
I have been trying to book an appointment for Kitchener Office but it keeps saying no available appointment. Did you experience this?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Any more improvement in the processes at passport offices for walk-ins ??
Are they still lining up people by priority or can we just walk-in for regular and be served?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Any more improvement in the processes at passport offices for walk-ins ??
Are they still lining up people by priority or can we just walk-in for regular and be served?
From reports here, varies by office - it seems most are still doing by 'priority' but some have much shorter lines and regular walk-ins might be served (subject to how many people waiting). Or they may ask if you have travel but be much less rigorous about checking/requiring documentation.

Note though some still seem quite busy (big city ones) with necessity to line up early and have travel documentation.

kaustubhsaha

Aug 9, 2018
Thanks!
I am on the same boat. Applied in July 1st week - was originally told that the passport will be dispatched by September 15th. Called them a week back and got the passport file transferred to the local office for urgent processing ( as I have travel plans on Nov 1st) - haven't heard anything from the office yet

gappy31600

May 30, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-10-2016
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
14-10-2016
Hi All,

When applying for passport in person do we need to get the guarantor to sign the copies of our ID's?

Dee3186

Aug 8, 2022
I went around 2 PM to Mississauga passport office (service canada) and the security didn't let me in. He said that I have to come before 7 AM
So I went today at 6:45 AM. about 15 people before me. At first it looked like 8 people, but later realized that people just put their camping chair in queue and they sat in their car watching their spot till 8 am. Remember to dress warmly. Most people brought snacks, ipads , chairs

At around 8:10 Am, we were handed tokens and then about 8:25 we were let into the building.

At about 8:45 I was at the counter where she verified documents and then gave me another token to wait

At about 9:10 am, my token number was called and I was at my second counter where the officer took my application, gave me pick up slip. Paid the fee there. I was out by 9:20 AM

americanidiot

Sep 18, 2021
So I went today at 6:45 AM. about 15 people before me. At first it looked like 8 people, but later realized that people just put their camping chair in queue and they sat in their car watching their spot till 8 am. Remember to dress warmly. Most people brought snacks, ipads , chairs

At around 8:10 Am, we were handed tokens and then about 8:25 we were let into the building.

At about 8:45 I was at the counter where she verified documents and then gave me another token to wait

At about 9:10 am, my token number was called and I was at my second counter where the officer took my application, gave me pick up slip. Paid the fee there. I was out by 9:20 AM
Did you apply for an urgent passport?