+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

alou1221

Aug 8, 2022
Hello, did anyone present their foreign passport as ID ?
did They accept it ? On their website it says they accept it .
I have my drivers license but it has my address of 2 years ago ( I know I didn’t update it because I didn’t know I had to update it ) so I’m worried it would be a problem if I submit it .
pls help. Thanks
At least in my case, they don't accept it.

rrrowan

Nov 1, 2021
Hi guys so I did a walk in application today in Sinclair Centre, Vancouver. Flight date is Oct 21 for reference.

6:30am - arrived and there were already at least 20 people in the line up.
7 am - guards let us in to wait inside the bldg but still outside the passport office. Free masks and water were handed out
7:45 am - triage begins, they ask for my flight date, looked at my flight ticket, and gave me a line up ticket. I got categorized as “drop off.” I noticed that people who dont have flight tickets yet were asked to write a letter explaining reason for travel before they get a ticket. We were allowed inside to wait. Chairs available.
8:15 am - first 15 of our drop off group moves to the chairs in front of the counter. I was 6th.
8:30am - first 2 people in our line gets served.
8:40 am - my turn
8:50 am - all done! I opted for pick up, paid extra $20 and will get my passport on the 26th.

Hope this helps! Kudos to all staff there as they were very fast and efficient.

Last edited:
Reactions: armoured

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
I went to the St. Catharines passport office. The website said 2.5 hour wait time, but I only had to wait for 2 people. They said they will call my guarantor and references for sure because it is an urgent request, and I will get it tomorrow.
Did you actually book airline tickets to show as proof of travel? most online sites don't provide the option to refund. even if they do there is always some fine print. if you can share some insight on what type itinerary you took that would be very helpful.

I am planning on going to a nearby Service Canada center for my first passport application. It's non-urgent (45+ days). Do I need an appointment at Service Canada? (Online appointment has terrible availability) If I line up early, will that work? (the SC centers I am considering all say 'walk-in possible based on capacity')

rrrowan

Nov 1, 2021
I am planning on going to a nearby Service Canada center for my first passport application. It's non-urgent (45+ days). Do I need an appointment at Service Canada? (Online appointment has terrible availability) If I line up early, will that work? (the SC centers I am considering all say 'walk-in possible based on capacity')
Not sure where you are but in my experience in Vancouver, you can go early and walk in but they will only help you book an appointment for another date since your travel date is over 45 days. Maybe depends on their load that day?

Reactions: 8494193

Not sure where you are but in my experience in Vancouver, you can go early and walk in but they will only help you book an appointment for another date since your travel date is over 45 days. Maybe depends on their load that day?
Thank you. I am in the Greater Montreal Area.

I was able to score an appointment yesterday for today. I submitted my application (non-urgent) at Service Canada in St. Eustache, QC.

After getting back home, I noticed the Service Canada fee payment receipt has my first/last names interchanged :( (I am assuming only what's on the actual Application form would count - in which case this should be ok). I will call in after 10+ days just to be sure they have it correct. As long as the swap is only on the Service Canada fee receipt, I don't care :)

rrrowan

Nov 1, 2021
By any chance, does anybody here know if the federal holiday on Monday will delay passport pick ups? I applied in person last Sept 12 in Vancouver( before the holiday announcement)and was told that I can pick up my passport on the 26th. Now with one day off for federal workers, I am thinking my pick up date will be moved too. Just want to make sure before I take any leaves from work again. Thanks!

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
By any chance, does anybody here know if the federal holiday on Monday will delay passport pick ups? I applied in person last Sept 12 in Vancouver( before the holiday announcement)and was told that I can pick up my passport on the 26th. Now with one day off for federal workers, I am thinking my pick up date will be moved too. Just want to make sure before I take any leaves from work again. Thanks!
I dont think so it will impact in your case.
I had an appointment for Mon, Sep 19 which was moved to Tue, Sep 20.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
I was able to score an appointment yesterday for today. I submitted my application (non-urgent) at Service Canada in St. Eustache, QC.

After getting back home, I noticed the Service Canada fee payment receipt has my first/last names interchanged :( (I am assuming only what's on the actual Application form would count - in which case this should be ok). I will call in after 10+ days just to be sure they have it correct. As long as the swap is only on the Service Canada fee receipt, I don't care :)
They should make the passport as per the name on the application form and the citizenship certificate

Reactions: 8494193

shroffb

Star Member
Mar 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2013
AOR Received.
19-11-2013
File Transfer...
20-11-2013
Med's Done....
20-09-2013
Passport Req..
20-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
IP on 22nd July...DM on 2nd August....Passport received on 11th August
How do you contact your MP, just send an email to MP with all the proof of travel etc?
I submitted my application in person on July 15th (Calgary), and traveling now in November, I feel I should start the process of contacting MP in order to save anxiety attack at the end.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
How do you contact your MP, just send an email to MP with all the proof of travel etc?
I submitted my application in person on July 15th (Calgary), and traveling now in November, I feel I should start the process of contacting MP in order to save anxiety attack at the end.
Yup email is the best way to provide the details and then incase you don’t get the reply from the MPs office then you can follow up with with a phone call

Reactions: shroffb