+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Sorry, I don't get what you mean by "technique of booking tickets".

Mine is the paid Booking Confirmation from Air Canada, which would be great evidence for your travel date, and paid information would show how actual your plan is.

A travel plan doesn't mean anything if you already have PAID ticket.
well I agree that you booked the tickets, but do you actually have travel plans? (As per my understanding, you don't since you mentioned that you will cancel the tickets on receiving your passport) Or did you book it for the sake of receiving your passport earlier?

alamumair

Star Member
Dec 14, 2015
Hi Everyone

My wife submitted Canadian passport request, in-person @ Service Canada on April/20/2022. Unfortunately, Since then we haven't heard any updates from service Canada. We submitted for update using the tracking # on the receipt but it just says " we will get back to you". Can you please help/guide on what to do now. Its been over 17 weeks and still no update.

I am confused, some people mentioned to contact MP others says to go to Service Ontario with the proof of travelling like ticket or room booking.

happy-go-lucky

Star Member
Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
NDVO (transferred to WVO)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2014
Nomination.....
28-01-2015
AOR Received.
24-02-2015 (Warsaw)
File Transfer...
ECAS 2nd line update: Started processing: 10-04-2015
Med's Request
09-05-2015
Med's Done....
23-05-2015
Interview........
PCC/RPRF Reciept/ Updated POF sent on 29 May 2015. Received on 1 June, 2015. Third line update in ECAS on 2nd June, 2015
Passport Req..
06-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2015
LANDED..........
Feb 2015
Hi everyone,

Sharing my experience at Brampton passport office on Aug 18th.

TLTR: I am from Mississiauga. Was able to get my application submitted in 3.5 hours. Definitely recommend the strategy below and Brampton office to anyone.

After hearing nightmares about people camping overnight for beating the queues, I decided to go around the noon instead (after a ton of research and an option of trying again the next day), I decided to try my luck and went to the Brampton centre around 12.30pm. And I was so surprised to see just a handful of people ahead of me in the queue! But I indeed got lucky as the queue got cutoff right after me! While the queue didn't move for about two hours, however, since I had received the token as soon as I had arrived, I was almost guaranteed that I would be allowed inside. At about 2.45pm, I was finally allowed inside and it felt great! the process inside took about 1.5 hours and I was done by 4pm. I would highly recommend that you try this centre, staff if very efficient and courteous. Just be patient and don't be rude to the security guy outside (a few people in my queue were very rude and it wasn't nice). Hopefully, you will get a 10 year passport soon and then the hard work of 1 or 2 days would be all worth it :)

alou1221

Aug 8, 2022
Hi everyone.

I'm new to this thread. Why is applying in person preferred as opposed to applying by mail?

Thank you.
Application by mail takes 4 months without any guarantee that you receive back your original documents.

Especially for the citizenship certificate. it takes 17 months to reprint. If lost, it's not their liability.

You take the risks of not being able to prove your citizenship for 21 months.

Reactions: km9203

alou1221

Aug 8, 2022
Officer at a reception desks are so weird.

I went to a Passport Canada in person 3 times and denied for submitting application by reception after 2 hours waiting.
I wasn't even able to submit application, because of the reception officer pointing out at what they think it's an error.

At the first visit, I showed them my foreign passport and medicare card and they asks more ID.

the second, They blocked me for the reason that the relation with my references are friend. not boss from work or teacher from university.
(Reference can be anyone who knows me for 2 years, except relatives or guarantor, not need to be a boss or professor. can be friend)

the third, even the officer who arrange appointments for application didn't accept my proof of travel asking me,

"Where are you sleeping? Do you have hotel reservation? Where is your return ticket?"

I answered

"A ticket for departure is not enough as proof?" and they who just make appointment for application in person strongly said "No."

I told them that once I get my passport then I will decide where to stay. (Why do I have to pay while they don't let me in, they want me in bankrupcy??)

I cannot even reach the officer who will process my application, there are so many agents to go through putting additional conditions to
my eligibility!!

Looks like I've been trapped in Canada. They want me to give up my citizenship

alou1221

Aug 8, 2022
well I agree that you booked the tickets, but do you actually have travel plans? (As per my understanding, you don't since you mentioned that you will cancel the tickets on receiving your passport) Or did you book it for the sake of receiving your passport earlier?
Depends on the agent you deal with.

All I can say is there are so many officers who have different protocol and want to abuse their power.

All they want is to reduce the queue, asking like if you have a place to stay. That's irrelevant from your application.

Once you have a valid ticket, you're supposed to be in.

harmit214@gmail.com

Star Member
Apr 30, 2017
I applied for my Canadian Passport on 30th June, 2022 in person appointment and the location said average processing from that location is 45 days, I have not heard back anything and also I try to call the number given to me for tracking passport it plays an automated message and then hangs up in the end.

leka

Apr 12, 2018
Category........
Other
I applied for my Canadian Passport on 30th June, 2022 in person appointment and the location said average processing from that location is 45 days, I have not heard back anything and also I try to call the number given to me for tracking passport it plays an automated message and then hangs up in the end.
Well, I applied at Service Canada on June 7th and still waiting...mail out date supposed to be August 4th...looks like people wait for 3-5 months to get the passport these days if applied at Service Canada or by mail

Gary2k1

Jul 10, 2016
I am applying for passport myself and my spouse in-person, travel plan in next 30 days. Do we both need to go to the passport office to submit the application, or can I submit the application for both of us?

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2022
hi guys new here so please help me out

currently I'm in Van

my best friend is visiting Seattle next month for a couple days (from another country and then leaving )
I have not seen him for ages and would very much like to do so

can't apply for pass by mail as it will take more time than I got

in a nutshell, my traveling plans are within 45 days!

I'm gonna be driving there (2 hour drive doesn't make sense for me to spend money on plane ticket ) so I can't show them plane tickets

I have got an Airbnb booked for those couple days I'm gonna be staying there

as I was reading people are talking about some kind of written notice about the trip?
that's were I'm confused

how do I do that?
do I just write down on a paper what I wrote here and sign on it ?

or how does that letter thing work? ?

would Airbnb booking and written letter be enough evidence for them?
what else could they ask for?
thanks in advance

walid_Mississauga

Jun 8, 2020
Mississauga
Hi everyone,

Sharing my experience at Brampton passport office on Aug 18th.

TLTR: I am from Mississiauga. Was able to get my application submitted in 3.5 hours. Definitely recommend the strategy below and Brampton office to anyone.

After hearing nightmares about people camping overnight for beating the queues, I decided to go around the noon instead (after a ton of research and an option of trying again the next day), I decided to try my luck and went to the Brampton centre around 12.30pm. And I was so surprised to see just a handful of people ahead of me in the queue! But I indeed got lucky as the queue got cutoff right after me! While the queue didn't move for about two hours, however, since I had received the token as soon as I had arrived, I was almost guaranteed that I would be allowed inside. At about 2.45pm, I was finally allowed inside and it felt great! the process inside took about 1.5 hours and I was done by 4pm. I would highly recommend that you try this centre, staff if very efficient and courteous. Just be patient and don't be rude to the security guy outside (a few people in my queue were very rude and it wasn't nice). Hopefully, you will get a 10 year passport soon and then the hard work of 1 or 2 days would be all worth it :)
Do you think it is better to go to Brampton passport office rather than Mississauga?

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
hi guys new here so please help me out

currently I'm in Van

my best friend is visiting Seattle next month for a couple days (from another country and then leaving )
I have not seen him for ages and would very much like to do so

can't apply for pass by mail as it will take more time than I got

in a nutshell, my traveling plans are within 45 days!

I'm gonna be driving there (2 hour drive doesn't make sense for me to spend money on plane ticket ) so I can't show them plane tickets

I have got an Airbnb booked for those couple days I'm gonna be staying there

as I was reading people are talking about some kind of written notice about the trip?
that's were I'm confused

how do I do that?
do I just write down on a paper what I wrote here and sign on it ?

or how does that letter thing work? ?

would Airbnb booking and written letter be enough evidence for them?
what else could they ask for?
thanks in advance

Airbnb booking is more than enough. Just take all documents along and stand in line at one of the 35 specialized passport offices of service canada and get your passport. The lines aren't that long these days. You can even check the wait times for each passport office here. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp?po=1#table1caption

So nothing no to worry about.

https://www.canada.ca/en/employment-social-development/services/passport/statistics.html