Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Update: My wife got a call from private number .

Request to come tomorrow between 12 noon to 2 pm to pickup her passport, an ID required. Montreal passport office location.

This move was happened after the MP office intervention, reason: Visa appointment ( BLS international on 12th August at 8 :20 am )

Reactions: z0mbie and armoured

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Wait times are now down to 30 minutes at few passport offices. Improvements are reflecting on the ground which is a good sign finally...

Reactions: armoured and z0mbie

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Update: My wife picked up her Passport at 12:35pm from Ontreal passport office.

I started crating her OCI application now, Thank you all for the support, this issue ends here.

canadian.2014

Star Member
Jun 14, 2021
Sharing my experience in detail at Brampton Passport Office (40 Gillingham Drive) for travel date 3rd September, 2022.

Lined up at 6:00 am [10th in the line].

At around 7:00 am, security guards verbally asked everyone (without asking for documents) whether you have proof of travel or need of travel.
If travel is more than 45 days later, they asked to join service Canada line at 60 Gillingham Drive

At around 7:30 am, one of the agents walked around and verbally asked everyone on what type of application, whether all the require documents are with you, etc. He was very helpful and guided few people who were missing documents.

At around 8:15, security guards handed over a numbered paper token to everyone who was standing in the line. Only one member from family is allowed inside, he/she needs to carry applications for all the family members along with their originals. They agent may ask for the family member at the counter so let them wait outside until your application is submitted.

At sharp 8:30 am, we were allowed inside the building, by this time the lineup must be at least 60-70 people.

After entering, we were asked to line up near counter 1 and 2. On these counter they checked if all required documents are in order.
Mine was adult passport application so only application, proof of travel, original citizenship certificate and original driving license was needed (all originals are returned back to you)
They paper clipped the documents and provided a new numbered paper token with application.
This token is for actual counters where the application needs to be submitted. There is screen which shows which counter you need to go based on this token number.

I had to wait for 10-15 mins to be assigned to a counter.

At the counter, agent asked for the paper clipped application, verified each and every field in the application and scanned all the originals. I was asked to sign a card which had the photo I submitted.

I was out by 9:04 am.

If you are travelling by car, make sure you have a written letter explaining the need of travel else show a booked ticket, etc.

Last edited:

citipass

Star Member
Jun 20, 2022
HI,
Has anyone recently applied in person at Mississauga Passport Office for urgent travel within 10 days? How is the experience? And what about the rush and wait times?

gracemill

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2016
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-07-2016
Hi everyone,

For travel by road to USA, what kind of proof can you provide to the passport office?

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Hi everyone,

For travel by road to USA, what kind of proof can you provide to the passport office?
Explanation letter , travel itinerary, very good if you have a proof of hotel or room booking.

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Hey guys,

Sharing my experience as a walk-in one at North York Passport Office (4900 Yonge St) on Aug 12, 2022.

Mine was an adult application for me only.
- 3 papers application
- Driver's license.
- Citizenship certificate
- 2 photos
- 1-way refundable ticket with the travel date on Sep 15, 2022. (I will refund this after receive my passport)

On the board notice, they said to prioritize those who are traveling on Aug 19, 2022.
  • Lined up at 5:30 am and was the 20th in line.
  • Around 7:30 am, a security guard opened the main door and allow us to line up on the 2nd floor. There are around 60 people in line at that time.
  • Around 8 am, they brought the first 25th on the line to the 3rd floor to the waiting room. At the waiting room entrance, the agent gave us a numbered paper token and verbally asked us whether all required documents are with us. And he didn't check any documents.
  • Around 8:15 am, they brought us to another room where they would check our documents. There are only 2 counters for checking-up and 1 for returning in this room.
  • By 8:30, 2 staff showed up.
  • I waited until 9:10 for my turn. Then they checked and clipped on all required documents, after that, they gave me another numbered ticket (mine is N015) and asked me to go straight to the passport service room.
  • In the passport service room, there are 17 counters but only 7-8 opened. The guards were so nice, that he went around and asked if you need water.
  • Around 9:45, they called my number. They checked my documents and returns everything except the application.
  • I was out around 9:55 with the receipt for a pick-up on Aug 26.
It was mostly 4.5 hours but I finally got it.
Can't wait to see the passport in the next 2 weeks.

ziggy737

Aug 25, 2021
I looked daily at 8pm for open appointment slots. First day i got an appointment for Sept 1st - booked it. Next day looked again and the Toronto office had appointments for most days in August. Booked it for 9th August (travel in Oct) for 2 applications (one new passport and one renewal). Was in and out in 15 mins. New passport came on Friday (12th). Just information to help anyone looking for appointments. 8 pm seems to work

Last edited:

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hey guys,

Sharing my experience as a walk-in one at North York Passport Office (4900 Yonge St) on Aug 12, 2022.

- 3 papers application
- Driver's license.
- 2 photos
- 1-way refundable ticket with the travel date on Sep 15, 2022. (I will refund this after receive my passport)

On the board notice, they said to prioritize those who are traveling on Aug 19, 2022.
  • Around 7:30 am, a security guard opened the main door and allow us to line up on the 2nd floor. There are around 60 people in line at that time.
  • Around 8 am, they brought the first 25th on the line to the 3rd floor to the waiting room. At the waiting room entrance, the agent gave us a numbered paper token and verbally asked us whether all required documents are with us. And he didn't check any documents.
  • Around 8:15 am, they brought us to another room where they would check our documents. There are only 2 counters for checking-up and 1 for returning in this room.
  • I waited until 9:10 for my turn. Then they checked and clipped on all required documents, after that, they gave me another numbered ticket (mine is N015) and asked me to go straight to the passport service room.
  • In the passport service room, there are 17 counters but only 7-8 opened. The guards were so nice, that he went around and asked if you need water.
  • Around 9:45, they called my number. They checked my documents and returns everything except the application.
What documents are needed for travel proof. Just the ticket or complete itenary

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Reactions: callmebyyourname

nhixon

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Hey guys,

- 3 papers application
- Driver's license.
- 2 photos

"- 1-way refundable ticket with the travel date on Sep 15, 2022. (I will refund this after receive my passport)"

So you used the technique of booking tickets to get your passport early, even though you didn't have any travel plans ?

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
My passport experience (long post):

I originally applied in person at Service Canada in June 22, the expected mailing date was August 18.

1st transfer attempt (trip date: Sunday August 31st)

- July 21 st (10 days before my trip ) - I called the passport line to ask for a transfer, I was told I was going to get a call 2 business days before my trip to let me know the time and date to pick up my passport
- Never received a call, I tried contacting the passport line but it was busy
- Friday July 29 (1 business days before my trip)- I went to the Vancouver Passport Office in person , got there at 10:00 am. I was told by an employee that they never received my transfer request, because no one sent my files and that I wasn’t going to be able to travel. I had to miss my trip.

2nd transfer attempt, rescheduled trip (Departure date : Sunday August 14)

- August 2nd (10 days before my rescheduled trip )- I called the passport line to ask for another transfer, this time I was sent a confirmation email and was told I was going to get a call to let me know the pickup date.

- Monday August 8- Called the passport line to let them know I hadn’t received a call, the agent was rude and unhelpful, he refused to check my application status,said that I had to wait 2 days before my trip to receive a call,
- Thursday August 11 (2 business days before my trip)- I didn’t received a call, so I contacted the passport line. This agent was helpful and nice, she checked my application status, and informed me I had to go in person to the passport office as soon as possible, she mentioned that I didn’t need to bring a new application, I just needed to give them my transfer app number.

- Friday August 11 - 1 business day before my trip) - I lined up at 5:30 am outside the Passport Centre at Vancouver (Sinclair centre ), there was a long line up by the time I arrived. They let us into the building at 7:00 am, we stood in line until 7:30 am and they started heading out tickets, I told the employee that I had requested a transfer, she gave me a red ticket and directed me to go to a waiting room
- 8:30 am - they started calling people with white tickets, in groups of 10
- 8:50 am - they started calling people with red tickets in groups of 10, I was part of the second group. We entered the main passport office and stood in line for about 10 minutes, they checked my application number, airplane tickets and ID at a counter, the lady asked If I had a new application with me and I told her I didn’t. She gave me a ticket to go to another counter
- 9:35 my ticket number was called, I was asked for my ID, airplane tickets and file number at a counter. The lady at the counter printed the documents I had originally submit with my application, went through the whole application form and asked to confirm some details, the whole process in this counter took about 15 min, I was given a green slip and asked to come back at 2:00 pm to pick up my passport

- 2:00 pm- I lined up outside the office, inside the building. They checked my green slip and let me in. Once inside I lined up for 10 minutes. The guy at the counter was in the middle of an argument with a security officer, he looked at my file number and said “is not ready come back in 1 hour”

- 3:20 pm- lined up again, this time the line was really long, people were worried about not making it before the office closed at 4:30, it took about half an hour to get to the counter, they checked my file number again and I was finally able to get my passport in time for my trip. I was lucky but there was several people who were told to pickup their passport at 2:00 and two hours later they were still waiting to see if they would get them on time.

It was a long process and I still can’t believe is done. Best of luck to everyone who is still waiting, I hope you get your documents on time for your trips.

-

Last edited:
Reactions: callmebyyourname

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Sorry, I don't get what you mean by "technique of booking tickets".

Mine is the paid Booking Confirmation from Air Canada, which would be great evidence for your travel date, and paid information would show how actual your plan is.

A travel plan doesn't mean anything if you already have PAID ticket.

"- 1-way refundable ticket with the travel date on Sep 15, 2022. (I will refund this after receive my passport)"

So you used the technique of booking tickets to get your passport early, even though you didn't have any travel plans ?