+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

callmebyyourname

Mar 11, 2022
Hi how do you get the appointment? and when?
I'm using this link https://eservices.canada.ca/en/reservation/application/?booking-privacy=true&stepid=af7e28ec-a74c-ec11-8f8e-000d3a0a00fb&sessionid=ded8b07e-720f-ed11-b83e-0022486df95f

And there is nothing available at 4900 Yonge Street or 74 Victoria St.

Thanks,

Had my appointment at 74 Victoria Street (downtown Toronto) today.

1. The appointment was at 3:20pm, I think one of the last ones you can get in the day.
2. Walked in at 3:10pm, was out in less than 10 mins. No one checked proof of travel, or the confirmation email. Just told them my name at the counter.
3. I asked what the wait would have been if I had walked in, and the person at the check in counter said about an hour. He also said it should be 15 mins with my appointment, but it was like 3 mins.
4. My mail out date is August 8, which is perfectly fine for me since I don't travel till September.

Also, the person at the counter where I applied was very jovial and nice. Shout out to counter 3 man.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Luck, and patience!

To get an appointment you need to be online at the time new appointments are released or when someone happens to cancel an appointment at the location you're looking at. Then you need to be the first one to accept that appointment.

When I got my appointment I probably spent an hour clicking between the three Toronto locations before something finally popped up at 74 Victoria Street. Even then I was too slow to confirm it. I tried again later in the day and 2 appointments popped up in Scarborough and I managed to get one.

Reactions: callmebyyourname

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Following from the above post, I had a question regarding the travel tickets I booked. I had booked refundable tickets. Will it be a problem if I cancel the tickets and do not actually travel on those dates? Do the passport office actually checks if I travel according to what I have mentioned in the application? Will it create any issues in the future?
Nah, you pickup your ppt as per date on receipt.

sharp1

May 3, 2021
I'm using this link https://eservices.canada.ca/en/reservation/application/?booking-privacy=true&stepid=af7e28ec-a74c-ec11-8f8e-000d3a0a00fb&sessionid=ded8b07e-720f-ed11-b83e-0022486df95f

And there is nothing available at 4900 Yonge Street or 74 Victoria St.

Thanks,
Someone else mentioned that they release new appointments a month in advance at 8pm. So I got my appointment for 22 July on 22 June, pretty much at 8pm.

surgp

Jun 11, 2012
Different location but the North York (Yonge St.) location was not so bad - I lined up at 6.45 and was done by 9.30, getting there by 5.30 or 6 would give very good chances of being done first thing.

Yes, it's a bit further for some, but it's also directly on the subway (three minute walk) to downtown.

For what it's worth.
Thanks for this information!

Do you know if they if they keep original documents (citizenship certificate and ID) when applying for the passport?

I am planning to submit my application in a day or two but not sure if I need to submit a photocopy of the documents.
I'd prefer to keep my originals and hand in only the photocopies however I'll need to go get the guarantor's signatures on them.

Thanks in advance!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you know if they if they keep original documents (citizenship certificate and ID) when applying for the passport?

I am planning to submit my application in a day or two but not sure if I need to submit a photocopy of the documents.
I took originals and photocopies - they were not interested in the photocopies, but they scanned all of the docs on the spot and returned all originals of important docs to me (I think they kept the forms etc).

inameiname

Star Member
Jul 27, 2012
Does anybody know if the ‘examination’ stage of a passport application is part of the standard processing or done to confirm the information before the estimated processing time even begins?

We applied in person at a passport office on April 25th but after a call to their offices today was told our two applications were in a standard ‘examination’ stage and will only be sent to the passport office afterwards. Based on what we heard, this sounds like our 14.5 weeks of ‘processing’ is in addition to the 13-15 weeks standard, which has yet to start.

z0mbie

Star Member
Jun 8, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
I was at the passport office (Fredricton, NB) this morning and the walk-in passport regular delivery date they gave was 18th August for people who don't have any immediate travel plans.

surgp

Jun 11, 2012
I took originals and photocopies - they were not interested in the photocopies, but they scanned all of the docs on the spot and returned all originals of important docs to me (I think they kept the forms etc).
Perfect! Thanks for sharing the information.

I did a walk in today morning at 74 Victoria St (Toronto).
I got there at 5 AM and there were only two people ahead of me.
By 6 AM there were about 10 people in line.
Once the office opens, the process takes 15 mins.
The officer scanned the original docs and returned it to me.
She asked where I was going and by when I would like to pick up the passport.
After that I got a receipt and I was out of the office.

The staff was very kind, they offered water to everyone in line.
Even though some processes have been delayed, they are all working hard!

Reactions: armoured

sharp1

May 3, 2021
Mail out date for my passport was Aug 8 (from 74 Victoria office), received on Aug 3! Finally!!! Wohooooo

Thank you for your help, everyone!

Reactions: takolami

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Got my passport yesterday after 19 weeks. Application submitted in person at Service Canada office on 25th of March. This painful journey is finally over
That's a terribly long time. Fortunately the current files are being processed a lot faster. The peak has been hit and processing times are improving fast now.

ratul2k14

Aug 21, 2014
Ottawa
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-08-2014
Med's Done....
11-02-15
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
14-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-15
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Hello,
Has anyone used the "Standard pickup" option for Passport i.e., applying in Person and then Picking up in person, with an additional Fee of $20? Passport could be picked up in 10Days. Do you need proof that you need to urgently travel for this option?

I need to travel to the US and will be driving, It says Proof you need the passport can be - "a written statement from you or a third party explaining why you need the passport", can anyone share an example on this letter.

I am in the Ottawa area. Any other tips/advise.

Thank you
Ratul