+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport for my Daughter overseas

robflo

Jul 14, 2009
Hello to everyone in this forum,
I'd like to get some advice on how to do this.
I have a daughter who lives overseas, She is 12 years old, The relationship between her mother and I is not good at all,in fact. we don't talk, When my daughter was born I went to the Canadian Embassy and apply for my daughter's Canadian Citizenship, I received my daughter's Citizen card but I didn't apply for her passport then. Now she is asking me to send her Card so she can apply for her Canadian passport where she lives, but I was told by a lawyer friend not to send it to her, maybe I could apply for her passport here and send the passport to her.
I live in Canada and she lives overseas.
Her mother and I don't talk
I know My daughter is controlled by her mother
My lawyer friend says that her mother could use the CC against me.
I do support my daughter economically every month.

Question:: Does anyone know if it is possible to get my daughter's passport from here in Canada while she lives in another country.?

Please advice

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Reading here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/passport/child/apply-how.asp although might be possible although assuming your wife has formal custody seems likely she would need to be involved in the application.

Even with a passport if your wife has custody she would still likely need to provide your daughter with a letter authorising her to travel as an unaccompanied minor.