+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian job offer letter

visaseeker786

Aug 31, 2022
If I have declared in express entry profile that I have a valid Candian job offer but unable to provide the letter in exact IRCC format like future dated letter then will mapplication be rejected or or what are the implications

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
If I have declared in express entry profile that I have a valid Candian job offer but unable to provide the letter in exact IRCC format like future dated letter then will mapplication be rejected or or what are the implications
There is no fixed format, it should have business name, business address, start date, job duties, job rate, hours of work to be offered.

Reactions: visaseeker786

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
There is no fixed format, it should have business name, business address, start date, job duties, job rate, hours of work to be offered.
Hi, I was recently rejected because the officer think my offer is not valid. I am so confused. My 3-year offer was started on June 2022 (including everythingyou mentioned)..I applied for ee on Aug 2022, got invitation on Oct 2022. Got refusal letter March 2023 saying my offer is not valid....what a valid offer should look like?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, I was recently rejected because the officer think my offer is not valid. I am so confused. My 3-year offer was started on June 2022 (including everythingyou mentioned)..I applied for ee on Aug 2022, got invitation on Oct 2022. Got refusal letter March 2023 saying my offer is not valid....what a valid offer should look like?
So you have a LMIA with the job offer. The job offers states that you will have your job one year past PR and it was issued in October?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
This isn't enough information for any of us to comment. Which PNP program did you apply under exactly? Are you inside of Canada or outside of Canada? If you are in Canada, what is your status in Canada? Did your employer obtain an approved LMIA?

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
So you have a LMIA with the job offer. The job offers states that you will have your job one year past PR and it was issued in October?
I am in Canada with a valid work permit. No it was not a LMIA which I believe when I choosed the offer type I choosed something like it is not required LMIA. I forgot the details. As it was a 3 year offer should cover the period.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am in Canada with a valid work permit. No it was not a LMIA which I believe when I choosed the offer type I choosed something like it is not required LMIA. I forgot the details. As it was a 3 year offer should cover the period.
What was your status - PGWP or closed work permit/LMIA exempt. If on PGWP, you needed a LMIA as well as the job offer. A job offer alone doesn’t give you 50 points. If on PGWP, you should have said NO to job offer unless you had LMIA.

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
This isn't enough information for any of us to comment. Which PNP program did you apply under exactly? Are you inside of Canada or outside of Canada? If you are in Canada, what is your status in Canada? Did your employer obtain an approved LMIA?
I applied for EE non PNP, firstly it was under federal skilled worker, when I got the invitation I was under canadian experienced class.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for EE non PNP, firstly it was under federal skilled worker, when I got the invitation I was under canadian experienced class.
What kind of work permit did you hold.

Reactions: Naturgrl

nematodehero

Jul 19, 2022
What was your status - PGWP or closed work permit/LMIA exempt. If on PGWP, you needed a LMIA as well as the job offer. A job offer alone doesn’t give you 50 points. If on PGWP, you should have said NO to job offer unless you had LMIA.
Oh. That makes sense. Thanks a lot. I have a PGWP....i guess I should ask the immigration lawyer to apply for a closed one. I got lazy...is there any chance to appeal. I can asked my employee to work on it...

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh. That makes sense. Thanks a lot. I have a PGWP....i guess I should ask the immigration lawyer to apply for a closed one. I got lazy...is there any chance to appeal. I can asked my employee to work on it...
So you need a LMIA to then count the 50 points with a new offer letter. No chance of appeal as you needed a LMIA. If you want to work, you need a LMIA to then apply for a closed work permit if your PGWP is expired.