+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class Months calculation advice please

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Hi People,

I need a piece of information regarding CEC eligibility.

Yesterday I have completed 52 weeks of work experience in Canda ( not continous )

I worked last year(2015 ) from July 13th to Sept 3rd ( 7 full weeks + 3 days ) - I would count it as 7 weeks though..

and I started working again in Jan for the same employer, but I worked only 60 hours in Jan and 80 hours in Feb, and from march it is continuous. I just completed 52 weeks( last Friday was 52nd week )

I have everything ready and my CRS score is 470 as of now. I got my ECA done as well. I am just waiting to finish 52 weeks to create an express entry profile and stand in the pool.

I have given my IELTS again last week and expecting more score this time to boost up my score by 15-20 points .. if I get scores as I expected, I would get score around 490 ..

But my doubt is,
1) I dont have continuous one year Canadian experience, would that affect me in any way ?
2) I worked 2 weeks each in Jan, 2016 and Feb, 2016 .. I was told that experess entry would take only months, but not dates while calculating scores. So, if I mention that I worked Jan and Feb, then it would take it as whole month, but I have only worked 2 weeks in Feb and 2 weeks in Jan.. I do want to represent it properly and also I don't want to wait until Feb, 2017 to get straight full year.

Can some one throw some light on it.. While creating my express entry profile, Can I mention that I have worked only 60 adn 80 hours in Jan and Feb ??

Or do I have to wait untill Feb so be in safe zone.. I dont want my application to be rejected later. I have only 7 months of work permit left ..
Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.

Nick~Nick

Dec 20, 2013
srujju said:
Hi People,

I need a piece of information regarding CEC eligibility.

Yesterday I have completed 52 weeks of work experience in Canda ( not continous )

I worked last year(2015 ) from July 13th to Sept 3rd ( 7 full weeks + 3 days ) - I would count it as 7 weeks though..

and I started working again in Jan for the same employer, but I worked only 60 hours in Jan and 80 hours in Feb, and from march it is continuous. I just completed 52 weeks( last Friday was 52nd week )

I have everything ready and my CRS score is 470 as of now. I got my ECA done as well. I am just waiting to finish 52 weeks to create an express entry profile and stand in the pool.

I have given my IELTS again last week and expecting more score this time to boost up my score by 15-20 points .. if I get scores as I expected, I would get score around 490 ..

But my doubt is,
1) I dont have continuous one year Canadian experience, would that affect me in any way ?
2) I worked 2 weeks each in Jan, 2016 and Feb, 2016 .. I was told that experess entry would take only months, but not dates while calculating scores. So, if I mention that I worked Jan and Feb, then it would take it as whole month, but I have only worked 2 weeks in Feb and 2 weeks in Jan.. I do want to represent it properly and also I don't want to wait until Feb, 2017 to get straight full year.

Can some one throw some light on it.. While creating my express entry profile, Can I mention that I have worked only 60 adn 80 hours in Jan and Feb ??

Or do I have to wait untill Feb so be in safe zone.. I dont want my application to be rejected later. I have only 7 months of work permit left ..
Please advice.

Thanks in Advance.
Expert will going to help you here.

to 1st question: no you don't need continuous one year.

on 2nd: as per I know, you have to be in 12 month job with all payslips for 12 months.
In this forum, somewhere I read that, if you have 12 months of work but 1 month in that unpaid vacation, that will consider as 11 months of work exp.

Wait for expert advice.

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Everything was paid.. It was paid 52 weeks with no vacation. The only problem is I worked 60 hours in Jan and 80 hours in Feb ( and that is paid too ).. including all that, it was 52 weeks.. Today is my 53rd week.

Can I show Jan and Feb was part time.. ( it was part time tho ), but I get monthly pay and my pay stubs say I worked 60 hours in Jan and 80 hours in Feb .. Weeks were not mentioned. I just calculated it as 2 weeks each and altogether 4 weeks in Jan and Feb

Anyways, thanks for the reply. Will wait for expert advice.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You might have to create 3 separate entries:

1 - For January so it adds up to 60 hrs
2 - For Feb so it adds up to 80 hrs
3 - March to date.

You have to be really careful though, as the system might award you points for one year of work experience before time. If such is the case and you receive your ITA DO NOT submit your eAPR until you are confident that you've completed that one year of work experience.

Also, once you receive your ITA specify the dates of employment in the personal history section. Also, your reference letter has to clearly outline the periods from Jan and February as well as the hours worked. Remember that you need not only one full year of work experience but also 1560 hrs of work. You can upload this one reference letter in the three different slots.

Cheers :)

srujju

Jan 4, 2012
Yeah, if there is an option to create three different entries, I would definitely do that. ( I wasnt aware of that )
I was told that express entry would take full months while taking the employment history ( Jan as full month and Feb as full month ).. and I dont want the information to be misrepresented in any way.. I dont want to face rejection later in the process.. So, I am a bit cautious.

Yes, I have completed one full year ( 52 weeks and more than 1900 hours as of now ) Dec 9th was last day of 52nd week.

Like I mentioned, I have worked in 2015 july august as well for 7 weeks and I'm including that as well.

My current score is 470 and I'm tempted to create profile, but I guess it is better if I keep 2 weeks buffer ( just in case, the system miscalculates and determines I am not eligible )

Yes, I can get employer reference letters with the dates and hours worked. I have a different employer now, Oct 1st I got another job with a better pay ( same NOC ).
I need to get 2 reference letters I guess.. one from my ex employer and one from my current.

If I will have an option of choosing weeks for Jan and Feb in express entry profile, that really would be great.

Thanks for the response :) I really appreciate it.