+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class (CEC): Application Taking Longer than Usual to Process

m.fahad.ehsan

May 4, 2020
Hi,

I already live in Canada since 2018. I applied for my PR last year in June. Please see the details below:

14-June-2019: I applied my PR through express entry program for the Canadian experience class.
22-July-2019: Passed Medical.
22-July-2019: Received an RCMP Criminal Record Check Request (Provided Within a Week).
11-Sept-2019: Received a request to provide schedule A background declaration (IMM 5669; submitted within 2 days).
14-Dec-2019: Expected Completion Date.

However, I never heard anything back. I tried to contact via web form a couple of times but they always say it is under process. Can anyone please tell me what might be causing the delay and how long can it take? In the meantime, I also received my Bridging Open Work Permit which also states my PR application received initial approval. Is there a way to inquire about the actual reason?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
Hi,

I already live in Canada since 2018. I applied for my PR last year in June. Please see the details below:

14-June-2019: I applied my PR through express entry program for the Canadian experience class.
22-July-2019: Received an RCMP Criminal Record Check Request (Provided Within a Week).
11-Sept-2019: Received a request to provide schedule A background declaration (IMM 5669; submitted within 2 days).

However, I never heard anything back. I tried to contact via web form a couple of times but they always say it is under process. Can anyone please tell me what might be causing the delay and how long can it take? Is there a way to inquire about the actual reason?

Thanks!
Request for GCMS notes to know what's going on with your application. Hopefully, something on the notes will be able to give you an indication why it's taking so long

Saba-Hp

Jul 5, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
11-08-2020
Med's Done....
29-07-2020
Hi everyone,
I worked 8 months full time in a professional job (noc A) under post graduate work permit, then I was admitted to do PhD and I’ve got study permit. Now I am going take a break and not to register for summer term and work again to accumulate enough hours for express entry CEC to get my PR. (my work permit is still valid)
Do you know if my work will be considered?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi,

However, I never heard anything back. I tried to contact via web form a couple of times but they always say it is under process. Can anyone please tell me what might be causing the delay and how long can it take? In the meantime, I also received my Bridging Open Work Permit which also states my PR application received initial approval. Is there a way to inquire about the actual reason?

Thanks!
It's hard to say. Not all applications are processed within 6 months. With COVID-19, delays are expected for existing applications and new applications.

I know people who received their PR in one year. Unfortunately, you might just be one of them. Ordering GCMS notes can at least help you know why it's taking so long. It could be due to a longer background check.

m.fahad.ehsan

May 4, 2020
Request for GCMS notes to know what's going on with your application. Hopefully, something on the notes will be able to give you an indication why it's taking so long
Hi,

I got my GCMS notes. Everything related to education, work experience, criminality was verified back in October 2019. After October, next update was on February 2020 with no particular information that what was updated in February. I guess, I'll have to just wait! Thank you by the way as you have been a great help!

Anaysa

Star Member
Jun 5, 2020
Hi everyone,
I worked 8 months full time in a professional job (noc A) under post graduate work permit, then I was admitted to do PhD and I’ve got study permit. Now I am going take a break and not to register for summer term and work again to accumulate enough hours for express entry CEC to get my PR. (my work permit is still valid)
Even though your work permit has a valid status it has become invalid since you got study permit. So any experience on study permit is unfortunately not considered.

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,
AFAIK, If you are doing Research i.e. 20+ hour a week, you can get PR easily as it comes in the CEC experience. My friend got this way.

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Hi,

I got my GCMS notes. Everything related to education, work experience, criminality was verified back in October 2019. After October, next update was on February 2020 with no particular information that what was updated in February. I guess, I'll have to just wait! Thank you by the way as you have been a great help!
Whats your nationality and NOC? Have you called IRCC or contacted your MP, they might be able to help..

JAssimTeeky

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Whats your nationality and NOC? Have you called IRCC or contacted your MP, they might be able to help..
I am starting to get the feeling that IRCC is discriminating against CEC candidates whose names look like they belong to a certain religion. Its the same case with my application. Atleast they should be clear if they are.