+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class (CEC): Application Taking Longer than Usual to Process

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I am starting to get the feeling that IRCC is discriminating against CEC candidates whose names look like they belong to a certain religion. Its the same case with my application. Atleast they should be clear if they are.
If it will take a long time for CSIS to assess your security risk based on cooperation from the authorities in the other countries you have lived in, then your application will take a long time.

Oleevia

Jul 30, 2020
Hi,

I already live in Canada since 2018. I applied for my PR last year in June. Please see the details below:

14-June-2019: I applied my PR through express entry program for the Canadian experience class.
22-July-2019: Passed Medical.
22-July-2019: Received an RCMP Criminal Record Check Request (Provided Within a Week).
11-Sept-2019: Received a request to provide schedule A background declaration (IMM 5669; submitted within 2 days).
14-Dec-2019: Expected Completion Date.

However, I never heard anything back. I tried to contact via web form a couple of times but they always say it is under process. Can anyone please tell me what might be causing the delay and how long can it take? In the meantime, I also received my Bridging Open Work Permit which also states my PR application received initial approval. Is there a way to inquire about the actual reason?

Thanks!
Did you get a final decision yet?

sulagna123

Star Member
Oct 19, 2018
Hi,

I got my GCMS notes. Everything related to education, work experience, criminality was verified back in October 2019. After October, next update was on February 2020 with no particular information that what was updated in February. I guess, I'll have to just wait! Thank you by the way as you have been a great help!
Hi,

I am on the same boat as yours. I applied for my PR in Nov, 2019. We passed the medical exam and then nothing has been done on our profile. We were originally supposed to get our PR in May, 2020 but its going to be a year and we still have not received our PR. I understand that due to Covid things are really slow but this is super frustrating at the same time. Have you received your PR?

ishakeshavan

Star Member
Oct 27, 2015
I am starting to get the feeling that IRCC is discriminating against CEC candidates whose names look like they belong to a certain religion. Its the same case with my application. Atleast they should be clear if they are.
i don't think so, my friend who belongs to certain religion received his PR within 6 months