+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Embassy Abu Dhabi

hd93

Jul 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Who has recieved their visa from the canadian ambassy from abu dhabi?
And if so, how long did it take to get the visa after the medical examination?

kaosman

Aug 8, 2011
I don't think residents of UAE are required to take a medical test for the visa process. For the record, it took me 28 days to get the visa.

Elaine83

Star Member
Jun 27, 2011
App. Filed.......
10-07-2011
IELTS Request
Band 7 IELTS
Med's Request
N/A
Interview........
01-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
10-08-2011
LANDED..........
31-08-2011
same for me ;)

TheSZ11

Aug 21, 2011
Still waiting on mine. And I did have to give a medical even though I have a residence Visa here in the UAE.

zstudent

Aug 15, 2011
my application received on July 10th at Abu Dhabi, I am a UAE resident
still no news

so it took 28 days after the medical ? or in total??

because mine has been 6 weeks and 2 days and still nothing

hd93

Jul 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheSZ11 said:
Still waiting on mine. And I did have to give a medical even though I have a residence Visa here in the UAE.
Yeah, its the same for me. When did you apply? and how long has it been since you submitted your medical?

TheSZ11

Aug 21, 2011
hd93 said:
Yeah, its the same for me. When did you apply? and how long has it been since you submitted your medical?
It's been almost three weeks since my medical was received in London. You?

And did they send back your passport when they asked for the medical?

hd93

Jul 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheSZ11 said:
It's been almost three weeks since my medical was received in London. You?

And did they send back your passport when they asked for the medical?
Its the 4th week since my medical was received in London. I hope the embassy issue the visa soon.
I sent my passport when I sent my application, then my passport came back with the medical request. Once I got the medical done, I sent my passport back to the abu dhabi embassy.

zstudent said:
no medicals for residents of UAE, I havent received any such request
UAE residence don't have to get a medical done, the people who live put side of UAE they have to gee a medical done.

TheSZ11

Aug 21, 2011
hd93 said:
Its the 4th week since my medical was received in London. I hope the embassy issue the visa soon.
I sent my passport when I sent my application, then my passport came back with the medical request. Once I got the medical done, I sent my passport back to the abu dhabi embassy.
Hmm. They didn't send me my passport back. :S
Why do they send it back to you for the medical? And is it mentioned on your Aramex form or in the letter they sent to you? That they've sent you your passport back and you're supposed to return it when you've completed the medical?

I'm confused and worried here because they didn't send me my passport back with the medical. And the Aramex form I filled out at the embassy, they used it to send me the medical letter.Since they made me only fill out one of them, what're they gonna use to send the passport back? :S

hd93

Jul 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TheSZ11 said:
Hmm. They didn't send me my passport back. :S
Why do they send it back to you for the medical? And is it mentioned on your Aramex form or in the letter they sent to you? That they've sent you your passport back and you're supposed to return it when you've completed the medical?

I'm confused and worried here because they didn't send me my passport back with the medical. And the Aramex form I filled out at the embassy, they used it to send me the medical letter.Since they made me only fill out one of them, what're they gonna use to send the passport back? :S
When they sent a request for my medical they also wanted to some other documents as well, maybe thats why they sent my passport back. However, im not quite sure why they didnt send your passport back.

Im supper tensed now because Eid is in a few days, and durning that time everything will be closed, so im guessing that if the visa doesnt come by the 29th, it'll most probably after the 2nd or september.

TheSZ11

Aug 21, 2011
hd93 said:
When they sent a request for my medical they also wanted to some other documents as well, maybe thats why they sent my passport back. However, im not quite sure why they didnt send your passport back.

Im supper tensed now because Eid is in a few days, and durning that time everything will be closed, so im guessing that if the visa doesnt come by the 29th, it'll most probably after the 2nd or september.
I suppose so. What other documents did they ask for?

When does your Uni start?