+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Education

janz1111

Jan 30, 2010
Dear Experts!

I have earned a Master's degree from one of the Canadian universities. This degree was online/part time. When I completed my EE profile, I mentioned this qualification but I did not get any marks for this. Is it the normal way or did I miss something?
Thanks

romrumrira

Champion Member
Jan 9, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Dear Experts!

I have earned a Master's degree from one of the Canadian universities. This degree was online/part time. When I completed my EE profile, I mentioned this qualification but I did not get any marks for this. Is it the normal way or did I miss something?
Thanks
Is your school on the list of CIC (DLI#)? Did you answer the questions correctly? (for example: Was more than half the study program English or French as a second language courses?)

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Were you presently in Canada for at least 8 months during your studies?

Were you a full-time student for at least 8 months during your studies?

bahariesmoon88

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Nassau, Bahamas
I have previously tested out this option to show once I complete my studies next year what my score would be. By putting part time and also the correct dli number and got my score updated

janz1111

Jan 30, 2010
It was an online degree and I did not attend classes on campus. But My Master's degree doesn't specify this. Also, can anyone tell me how many points do we get for a Canadian degree?

janz1111

Jan 30, 2010
I answered all the questions very carefully. Start date to end date, DLI# city, country, everything but still it did not count any marks.
If I get these marks, I am sure I will be able to get an ITA
:-(

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Points for Canadian educational credential
30 (1)
The points that may be assigned for Canadian educational credential factors are the following:

• (a) 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
  • (b) 15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program; and
  • c) 30 points, if the foreign national has
    • (i) an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (ii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • (iii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.
Highest level of education
(2) Points are to be assigned under subsection (1) only for the eligible credential corresponding to the highest level of education for which the foreign national meets the requirements of subsection (3).

Requirements
(3) Points are only assigned under subsection (1) if, for the purpose of obtaining the credential, the foreign national

• (a) studied in Canada at a Canadian educational institution;
  • (b) was enrolled in full-time study or training for at least eight months; and
  • (c) was physically present in Canada for at least eight months.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Points for Canadian educational credential
30 (1)
The points that may be assigned for Canadian educational credential factors are the following:

• (a) 0 points, if the foreign national has a secondary school educational credential;
  • (b) 15 points, if the foreign national has an eligible credential from a one-year or two-year post-secondary program; and
  • c) 30 points, if the foreign national has
    • (i) an eligible credential from a post-secondary program of three years or more,
    • (ii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the master’s level or at the level of an entry-to-practice professional degree for an occupation listed in the National Occupational Classification matrix at Skill Level A for which licensing by a provincial regulatory body is required, or
    • (iii) an eligible credential from a university-level program at the doctoral level.
Highest level of education
(2) Points are to be assigned under subsection (1) only for the eligible credential corresponding to the highest level of education for which the foreign national meets the requirements of subsection (3).

Requirements
(3) Points are only assigned under subsection (1) if, for the purpose of obtaining the credential, the foreign national

• (b) was enrolled in full-time study or training for at least eight months; and
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html

Requirements

This is the issue as previously pointed out.