+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Education

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Exceptions
(5) For the purpose of this section, the following are not eligible credentials:

• (a) credentials obtained in a study or training program in which the study of English or French as a second language amounted to more than half of the program;
  • (b) credentials obtained in a study or training program in which distance learning amounted to more than half of the program; or
  • (c) credentials obtained in a study or training program while receiving a scholarship or fellowship that stipulated that the recipient return to their home country to apply the knowledge and skills gained.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html

Reactions: jamilmuradov

bahariesmoon88

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Nassau, Bahamas
You are able to get points regardless of being physically present in Canada. You just won’t get additional 15 points for study in Canada. She will be getting points for the highest education received which is her masters degree regardless of studying in Canada or not.

janz1111

Jan 30, 2010
You are able to get points regardless of being physically present in Canada. You just won’t get additional 15 points for study in Canada. She will be getting points for the highest education received which is her masters degree regardless of studying in Canada or not.
Thank you!
I have sent you the email

janz1111

Jan 30, 2010
Hi All,
So, since my degree was part time, I did not get any marks for 3 years that I spent in earning this degree. Just to check, when I changed the field from "Part Time" to "Full Time" I received 30 marks.
Having said that, I suppose it is confirmed that part time/online degrees have no advantage for EE
:-(
Bad Luck..

bahariesmoon88

Star Member
May 23, 2018
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi All,
So, since my degree was part time, I did not get any marks for 3 years that I spent in earning this degree. Just to check, when I changed the field from "Part Time" to "Full Time" I received 30 marks.
Having said that, I suppose it is confirmed that part time/online degrees have no advantage for EE
Bad Luck..
I would definitely delete the profile and begin again because I got the 40 point for masters degree when I put in your information as part time status.

shersingh

Oct 5, 2017
Hi All,
Bad Luck..
Part-time or Full-time has no relation to in-classroom/online degree. Say for 2nd degree you need 1 year FullTime equivalent course.
1. You can either complete it in 1 year fulltime.. - so you will put say 1/1/2017-12/31/2017 FULLTIME
or
1. You can either complete it in 3-year as parttime(some people just go slow).. - so you will put say 1/1/2014-12/31/2017 PARTTIME

The visa processing guy will evaluate your credits and compare it to their standard database to find out if it matches to the fulltime equivalent.

You could work fulltime and take a fulltime course load, in theory, and complete the course online.

jamilmuradov

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Exceptions
(5) For the purpose of this section, the following are not eligible credentials:

• (a) credentials obtained in a study or training program in which the study of English or French as a second language amounted to more than half of the program;
  • (b) credentials obtained in a study or training program in which distance learning amounted to more than half of the program; or
  • (c) credentials obtained in a study or training program while receiving a scholarship or fellowship that stipulated that the recipient return to their home country to apply the knowledge and skills gained.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/mandate/policies-operational-instructions-agreements/ministerial-instructions/express-entry-application-management-system.html
Dear @DelPiero07 ,

Hope you are doing well!
I completed my undergraduate while receiving a scholarship that required me to return to my home country. I do not intend to claim points for my undergraduate education experience. Can I still apply under FSW?

Best,
JM.