+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizenship- Documents Checklist

vindhu

May 12, 2020
Hello Friends, Hope everyone is doing well! I've received eligibility for citizenship and going to submit my application soon. Wondering if you have any Checklist like what kind of documents are need to be submitted.

also, please advise if the language test document is mandatory and which is the best and faster (Paper/ online)- please advise Thanks much! V

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hello Friends, Hope everyone is doing well! I've received eligibility for citizenship and going to submit my application soon. Wondering if you have any Checklist like what kind of documents are need to be submitted.

also, please advise if the language test document is mandatory and which is the best and faster (Paper/ online)- please advise Thanks much! V
Application for Canadian Citizenship: Adults - Subsection 5(1) CIT 0002 - Canada.ca
CIT 0007 E : Document Checklist - Application for Canadian Citizenship Under Subsection 5(1) Adult (18 years of age or older) (canada.ca)

Reactions: snoopyta

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Photocopy of proof that demonstrates knowledge of English or French (if you are 18 to 54 years of age). • For the types of proof you can provide, consult “Step 3 – Gather your documents” in the instruction guide.

If you are 18 to 54 years old:
  • Photocopies of your proof of English or French language ability.
    Examples of the types of language evidence that can be submitted include:
    • results of a third-party language test
    • diploma, certificate or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French
    • proof that you have reached the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 4 or higher through a government-funded language training programs

vindhu

May 12, 2020
Thank you for sending it over. do we need to write any tests? Photocopy of proof that demonstrates knowledge of English or French

vindhu

May 12, 2020
diploma, certificate, or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French- I've my master's degree from India- can I submit that because the education was done in the English language.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Thank you for sending it over. do we need to write any tests? Photocopy of proof that demonstrates knowledge of English or French
What documents can I use to prove that I meet the citizenship language requirement? (cic.gc.ca)
What third-party language tests will you accept as proof I have adequate knowledge of English or French when I apply for citizenship? (cic.gc.ca)

We accept third-party test results as proof of your language ability from organizations including:

We don’t accept any other third-party test results, even if they’re similar.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
diploma, certificate, or transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program in Canada or abroad, where the language of study was English or French- I've my master's degree from India- can I submit that because the education was done in the English language.
I graduated from an English-or French-language high school/college/university. What can I use to show that I can communicate in one of the official languages when I apply for citizenship? (cic.gc.ca)
yes, how many year?
you can submit your PR test

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Why don’t you look at the first pinned thread in this category and look at the form. Ask if you have specific questions instead or creating random generic new threads

Reactions: snoopyta

vindhu

May 12, 2020
Hello Friends, I came to Canada on PR after my marriage. I have been in Canada for last 3 years. I am trying to fill my citizenship application online, one of the question is in the last 4 years have you ever been outside of Canada for 183 days or more in a row. if yes then its asking for police clearance. Do I need to submit police clearance from India? I think during PR application I submitted police clearance from India, can i use the same police clearance again for this citizenship application?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hello Friends, I came to Canada on PR after my marriage. I have been in Canada for last 3 years. I am trying to fill my citizenship application online, one of the question is in the last 4 years have you ever been outside of Canada for 183 days or more in a row. if yes then its asking for police clearance. Do I need to submit police clearance from India? I think during PR application I submitted police clearance from India, can i use the same police clearance again for this citizenship application?
After becoming PR did you stayed in india continuously for 6 months? If No you don’t need to submit it .

vindhu

May 12, 2020
After becoming PR did you stayed in india continuously for 6 months? If No you don’t need to submit it .
But the question is in the last 4 years have been stayed outside Canada since the age of 18. I got my PR in Aug 2019 and I came to Canada in Nov 2019 and never went back.

Last edited: