+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen with university degree from abroad

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Bargeld said:
The engineers already complain because immigrants from the same few countries keep immigrating to the same area (GTA) to be with people that look like them instead of where the jobs are, then the immigrants sit there and whine about lack of jobs in their industry, causing some of us not to feel bad. Maybe if they had a more useful degree that wasn't at the behest of one or two industries they'd find work easier.

Anyways, the reason the US in particular has a problem with growth is because all they rely on are debt and consumption, whereas in Asia they are more stable with production and savings. The US has to severely inflate it's economy just to keep the illusion that they aren't in a recession, which says something. A decade ago they inflated the economy to cause an enormous boom in the housing market which rippled to other industries.. now they're re-inflating the housing market but the other industries aren't responding. So the government has resorted to more and more stimulus in the form of QE to try and artificially create growth, spiking the punch bowl of drunk speculative investors/traders. At one point when they realize their investments have no value, they'll cut ties and move their capital to Asia, where the illusion that the US is even growing at all won't be able to be sustained (raising interest rates regardless of what the Fed does at that point). I can only hope the usual suspect trolls that say the US is so great are there in the US with the ship sinks, and hopefully Canada denies them re-entry when they try and escape to a better managed economy more within it's margins of reality.

About gutter cultures, that's what the west (US, Canada, and some of Europe) has been dealing with, these gutter cultures primarily from the same small handful of countries that take advantage of western sympathy and opportunity to endlessly complain about not being given red carpet treatment, and when they break the law like immigrants from Mexico to the US often do, they're given even further red carpet treatment in the form of amnesty. They try and change the culture of the place they move to be more like the ****hole they left.. I wish westernized nations would better stand up to it instead of in liberal or PC fashion, bend over to it and abetting this attitude that they're entitled to things and the country they immigrated to should bend over to them just because they left their old country. They either do things the way the country they're moving to does, or get the **** out. Some posters on these forums are from those countries that come to Canada, for one, expecting Canada to give them opportunity regardless of where they live, they don't smartly invest into getting into local markets if they want to stay in the same place, and often times don't pick (like me) where the better job markets are, especially for their industry. They just want things handed to them for as little effort as possible, and I don't feel bad for them when they stupidly deplete their savings and go back home pissed off with this inability to adapt, expecting Canada to bend to the almighty immigrant more than they already do.
Blah blah blah...just like his buddy on-hold. Anyone with average intelligence knows Mr. Beachman is in the right.

As a Canadian citizen, I want CIC to shut down the flow of white trash immigrants from the US. Many of them sneak into Canada through the back door. I think CIC should increase the citizenship residency requirement for Americans to seven yrs or more.

itstime

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NetMecca said:
That said. I choose Canada over any european country any day of the week. I love Canada and will definitely be calling it home for years to come. (even if other options present themselves)

Cheers!!..
A northern european here and I can not agree more than I do with the above.

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
corazon3 said:
Blah blah blah...just like his buddy on-hold. Anyone with average intelligence knows Mr. Beachman is in the right.

As a Canadian citizen, I want CIC to shut down the flow of white trash immigrants from the US. Many of them sneak into Canada through the back door. I think CIC should increase the citizenship residency requirement for Americans to seven yrs or more.
"Average intelligence" describes your posts pretty well, at best, when not deliberately fellating the US and trolling. I do appreciate your candor in admitting this though. ;D

You can trollfully wish Americans have a longer path to citizenship, but I'll be eligible late next year, good luck in having that changed in time for me to file. I'll scan a pic of the official US citizenship renunciation acknowledgement for you as well right after attaining Canadian citizenship. Add that to the pile of Americans leaving the US smartly realizing how worthless and even burdensome US citizenship is -- something that couldn't be said about Canadian citizenship.

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Bargeld said:
"Average intelligence" describes your posts pretty well, at best, when not deliberately fellating the US and trolling. I do appreciate your candor in admitting this though. ;D

You can trollfully wish Americans have a longer path to citizenship, but I'll be eligible late next year, good luck in having that changed in time for me to file. I'll scan a pic of the official US citizenship renunciation acknowledgement for you as well right after attaining Canadian citizenship. Add that to the pile of Americans leaving the US smartly realizing how worthless and even burdensome US citizenship is -- something that couldn't be said about Canadian citizenship.
Again this dude is obsessed with the word fellatio. Is it because your Chinese wife often wakes up in the middle of night, screaming fellatio? Or is it because she's an expert at it? Or it's just because you want to fellate your best buddy on-hold or because his Thai wife is best known for her fellatio skills? I don't get it.

The change of residency requirement will be soon announced, most likely early next year, way before you are eligible. Anyway you'll most likely get RQ. So you've got a long wait ahead of you, boy. So keep trolling and farting around, sniffing each other's arse, fingering....

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
corazon3 said:
Again this dude is obsessed with the word fellatio. Is it because your Chinese wife often wakes up in the middle of night, screaming fellatio? Or is it because she's an expert at it? Or it's just because you want to fellate your best buddy on-hold or because his Thai wife is best known for her fellatio skills? I don't get it.

The change of residency requirement will be soon announced, most likely early next year, way before you are eligible. Anyway you'll most likely get RQ. So you've got a long wait ahead of you, boy. So keep trolling and farting around, sniffing each other's arse, fingering....
Angry kid is angry.

Waiting for that change.

Keep trying to poke harder to piss me off. You have a snowball's chance in hell, but it's great seeing you try. ;D

corazon3

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Bargeld said:
Angry kid is angry.

Waiting for that change.

Keep trying to poke harder to piss me off. You have a snowball's chance in hell, but it's great seeing you try. ;D
Yes, don't get angry. Have a good fellatio with your Chinese wife.

on-hold

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2010
corazon3 said:

Well, we're all defined by the things we do and the things we say -- sometimes that can be a terrible thing, but people usually realize too late.

clubcanada

Sep 7, 2010
That said. I choose Canada over any european country any day of the week. I love Canada and will definitely be calling it home for years to come. (even if other options present themselves)

Cheers!!..

A northern european here and I can not agree more than I do with the above.
This statement is too generic and polemic. It quite depends where in Canada/Europe you live and what you do. there are places in Canada where I definitely wouldn't want to reside (e.g. Manitoba, Saskatchewan, etc.) and there're amazing places in Europe. If I were financially independent I'd look into southern Europe such as Italy's Tuscany or southern France as well.

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
When all is said an done, it is what you make of it. If you are from a country that does not have a traditional western culture, chances are you will probably struggle to adapt.

Canada is admittedly no utopia, and has it's own sets of challenges. Though with challenges and all I found it a place that would enable anyone that has the guts and the will, to make a decent life in Canada. And that is all I ask. A decent life, free of fear.

One of the biggest upsides is language. It's pretty much english, unlike many places in Europe (and other places in the world) this is not a hurdle. If you are able to deal with the language challenge, chances are you could most definitely overcome most any other challenge Canada will offer you.

Another major benefit of Canada is that if offers some of the lowest crime rates anywhere. It is amazing to be able to sleep at night without worrying about home invasion (which I had to do in my home country).

Canada is my home, and will be so for time to come.

Cheers!!..

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
NetMecca said:
When all is said an done, it is what you make of it. If you are from a country that does not have a traditional western culture, chances are you will probably struggle to adapt.

Canada is admittedly no utopia, and has it's own sets of challenges. Though with challenges and all I found it a place that would enable anyone that has the guts and the will, to make a decent life in Canada. And that is all I ask. A decent life, free of fear.

One of the biggest upsides is language. It's pretty much english, unlike many places in Europe (and other places in the world) this is not a hurdle. If you are able to deal with the language challenge, chances are you could most definitely overcome most any other challenge Canada will offer you.

Another major benefit of Canada is that if offers some of the lowest crime rates anywhere. It is amazing to be able to sleep at night without worrying about home invasion (which I had to do in my home country).

Canada is my home, and will be so for time to come.

Cheers!!..
I think anyone that views Canada or any other country as a utopia will have a really tough reality check and deserve the issues they face.

You're right about crime rate, but mainly about violent crime. Break-ins and thefts are pretty high in Canada, especially cities like Vancouver, because criminals know they don't need to worry about getting their heads shot off. However, there is also very very little violence throughout Canada, meaning people are essentially only a threat to items, not to people. Only those who are involved with the wrong people and make awful personal decisions really face any decent odds of encountering violence.

mrbeachman

Oct 24, 2011
NetMecca said:
Though with challenges and all I found it a place that would enable anyone that has the guts and the will, to make a decent life in Canada. And that is all I ask. A decent life, free of fear.
The thing is.... if you have guts and will, you can make it anywhere in the world. In fact, I think Canada has many disadvantages if you are that type of person. Hence the reason why so many Chinese "immigrants" don't even entertain the thought of breaking the ties with China.

I am just curious where are you from?

NetMecca

Dec 12, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
14-07-2009
I agree with the guts and will thing, though found Canada much more "user friendly" than most of the other place I have been and lived.

I am originally from South Africa.

I have traveled and work a more than half of Africa.

I have lived and worked in Central Europe.

I have worked in 5 provinces in Canada, and lived in two so far.

I have been an entrepreneur most of my life, so no stranger to challenges.

Canada is home for me, and I will continue to call it that.

Cheers :)

Talestand

Jan 29, 2014
groovebuster said:
Hi,

I am just curious, because my wife (Canadian citizen by birth) and I (German) plan to move to Canada some time, I already heard that I will probably have a hard time to find a job as an immigrant. Bu how would it be for my wife?

She finished high school in Canada but studied in Germany (History and North American Studies) and got her Magister diploma here. She is working right now as a Quality Manager in a company here in Germany.

Will she run into the same problems as the average immigrant finding a job in Canada? Any experiences out there you could share?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
One thing I agree with you, if you do not find a "good" job , do not move to Canada.
If you two currently have good jobs in Germany, there is really no reason to move to Canada for financial purpose.
I know a chemical plant manager who immigrated to Canada works in the cafeteria as a cashier.

choctawindian

Feb 2, 2015
groovebuster said:
Hi,

I am just curious, because my wife (Canadian citizen by birth) and I (German) plan to move to Canada some time, I already heard that I will probably have a hard time to find a job as an immigrant. Bu how would it be for my wife?

She finished high school in Canada but studied in Germany (History and North American Studies) and got her Magister diploma here. She is working right now as a Quality Manager in a company here in Germany.

Will she run into the same problems as the average immigrant finding a job in Canada? Any experiences out there you could share?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

I don't think that your Canadian-born wife will have it any easier than you back in Canada. Sorry. That's just been MY experience. Foreign born Europeans have an easier time getting jobs back in Canada than we Canadian-born First Nations of North America. All the Canadian employers go by is where the education was obtained. What they mean by "Canadian" is "Canadian-EDUCATED and Canadian-work-experienced and Canadian-work-references." Even the Canadian passport application now requires Canadian references - no matter what country you're trying to get it, IN. (And then if you have none, you have to fill out additional forms detailing at least the past 5 years' worth of employment and residential history with verifiable references on THAT.)

I'm afraid what I'm saying is the only thing being born in Canada entitles us to is EA. (Oh and Health Canada.) :(