+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizen’s documents taken from her

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Hello, I have a Canadian citizen friend who’s in their back home country right now. Her family took all of her Canadian documents away from her to prevent her from travelling to Canada & and so she can stay home with them.

What can she do?

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Call the police. She's being kidnapped and held hostage apparently.

Reactions: live&love

frange

May 25, 2018
Hello, I have a Canadian citizen friend who’s in their back home country right now. Her family took all of her Canadian documents away from her to prevent her from travelling to Canada & and so she can stay home with them.

What can she do?
I can imagine that They prevent her to see you though....lo!!!!!...... If you have something to lose in Police scenario, try to manage this other way since it cultural in many countries; but not in Canada.

Jp4life

Aug 15, 2018
Call the consulate immediately they will contact the police and her parents , with that there will be no issue of giving her back her documents, police can be maneuver

Reactions: JPBless

Gibe

Star Member
Aug 3, 2018

What can she do?
Yes, try to contact the closest consulate. Maybe they can issue her a travel authorization. Calling the police might help depending on the country she’s been held in. If they may be easily corrupted then it may not worth it, or you may need to find the proper channel so they can help.

So personally I would go with the consulate first. They are entitled to provide consular assistance to Canadian citizen.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Yes, try to contact the closest consulate. Maybe they can issue her a travel authorization. Calling the police might help depending on the country she’s been held in. If they may be easily corrupted then it may not worth it, or you may need to find the proper channel so they can help.

So personally I would go with the consulate first. They are entitled to provide consular assistance to Canadian citizen.
Hi,
it's sad but I am afraid her "family" will not let her call or going out alone.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012

What can she do?

It would help if you mentioned the country where it happened.

frange

May 25, 2018
It would help if you mentioned the country where it happened.
The thing is OP would like to see his girlfriend back to Canada and her parents don't accept that. It's not easy the way OP thinks since she has dual citizenship. Because of that the citizenship of the country where she is now prevails. Yes she's Canadian, yes holds also her parents countries nationality. Many of Muslims countries legislation confers to parents full authority on their children. According to Canada's legislation it's a sequestration but in their home country it can be something else, by ex.. parents authority. Since her life is not in danger, play the diplomacy card. I understand that you want to see your girlfriend but avoid parents confrontation.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
The thing is OP would like to see his girlfriend back to Canada and her parents don't accept that. It's not easy the way OP thinks since she has dual citizenship. Because of that the citizenship of the country where she is now prevails. Yes she's Canadian, yes holds also her parents countries nationality. Many of Muslims countries legislation confers to parents full authority on their children. According to Canada's legislation it's a sequestration but in their home country it can be something else, by ex.. parents authority. Since her life is not in danger, play the diplomacy card. I understand that you want to see your girlfriend but avoid parents confrontation.

Hi,
that situation is what I assumed bud didn't want to comment. Unfortunately it is a 'checkmate' situation for the young lady and bad luck for her nobody can help her right now. On the other hand her family can't lock her up forever. It'll take time till the problem will be solved.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
She has kids and her husband & his family aren’t allowing her to fly to Canada (one of the kids is disabled).

She contacted the embassy but nothing they can do since the kid’s father doesn’t give her permission to take them to Canada.

fsarosh

Aug 9, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Year 2010
Med's Request
28-04-2013
Med's Done....
15-05-2013
Passport Req..
25-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
06-12-2013
LANDED..........
22-01-2014

What can she do?
If her family trust you, try to get their complete address and provide it to the Canadian Embassy in that country explaining to situation. They will do the rest.