+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian address proof for Indian passport renewal.

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Hi folks , I have 3 Canadian residence address in the past year . Regarding my current address I have my bank statement as proof . Regarding the other 2 addresses I do not have any other proof except for sublease papers . Any idea how to go about regarding address proof . I want to renew my Indian passport immediately as I am eligible for 3 yrs PGWP and want to get my new passport before applying for PGWP so that I get my permit for all the 3 years . Can I go for notarized affidavit for proof of address . Any advice would be welcome . Thanks

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
Hi folks , I have 3 Canadian residence address in the past year . Regarding my current address I have my bank statement as proof . Regarding the other 2 addresses I do not have any other proof except for sublease papers . Any idea how to go about regarding address proof . I want to renew my Indian passport immediately as I am eligible for 3 yrs PGWP and want to get my new passport before applying for PGWP so that I get my permit for all the 3 years . Can I go for notarized affidavit for proof of address . Any advice would be welcome . Thanks
Can you check bls documents list for what they say about it. They might be ok with just the current Canadian address proof

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Can you check bls documents list for what they say about it. They might be ok with just the current Canadian address proof
BLS checklist doesn't speak about it . But in India they do ask for all the address proof of past year.

subodhp

Jun 19, 2019
Toronto
BLS checklist doesn't speak about it . But in India they do ask for all the address proof of past year.
Expectation is different when applying from outside India. You can call them up to confirm but bls expects only one address proof in India and Canada each. Similarly no police verification is done ordinarily (another difference in applying in Canada vs India)

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Expectation is different when applying from outside India. You can call them up to confirm but bls expects only one address proof in India and Canada each. Similarly no police verification is done ordinarily (another difference in applying in Canada vs India)
Thanks. Will contact them.