+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Work Permit Visa - New Policies - Rejections??

rockstar2014

Jul 27, 2014
Hello All,

I am working in an MNC in India which has an branch in Canada as well. My canadian work permit visa process was initiated in July 18th but however the company immigrations team informed me that there are lot of rejections lately for Canada visa as well similar to L1B in US. Seem CIC is expecting strong specialized/expert skills docs more than before. Please let me know is this true and advise how can I proceed. Do I have a chance still? Please let me know.

Thanks

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rockstar2014 said:
Hello All,

I am working in an MNC in India which has an branch in Canada as well. My canadian work permit visa process was initiated in July 18th but however the company immigrations team informed me that there are lot of rejections lately for Canada visa as well similar to L1B in US. Seem CIC is expecting strong specialized/expert skills docs more than before. Please let me know is this true and advise how can I proceed. Do I have a chance still? Please let me know.

Thanks
Yes, it is true. Read: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2014/ob575.asp

rockstar2014

Jul 27, 2014
Thank you. I work on Java and there is an onsite slot that i need to go US but instead US client approved that I can work/support from Canada as my H1b visa was not selected this year. I work on development and cannot say that I possess specialized/proprietary skills except very strong business knowledge. My seniors used to write any in built tool as their specialized/proprietary knowledge and get the Canada visa before. But now since the process got tough i cannot repeat the same specialized/proprietary skills they had used on my application.

Can you or anyone help me and share your document on specialized/proprietary skills, so that I can use/modify the same and utilize. I know it may sound odd but anyone whose visa has already approved would like to share the document would be very much appreciated.

I very badly need to go to Canada or US, as I worked hardly for it over the years and a slot is ready for me, but never had any luck whatsoever. It's getting worser day by day.

Please mail me at cutelife2000@gmail.com and I really really thank you for any such help.

Thank you!!

sandy89

Jul 25, 2014
Hi rockstar!

I applied a wp on July 15 and I am still waiting!! What u say here is true even I heard there are lot of rejections going on! :eek: but what to do we have no option except to wait and hope for the best! :'( :-\ ::)

sam_bangalore

Jul 23, 2014
one of my colleague got refusal today from CIC, applied on 16th june.waiting for mine,
not sure what will happen.mine was applied on 26 june.

xilansn

Aug 1, 2014
Same with me... Applied on June 30th, Heard that there are many rejections lately. Still waiting for a reply.
Any body here who's ICT was approved post June 9th?

xilansn

Aug 1, 2014
I heard from this new article that no ICT visa have been issued after June 09. Worried :(

timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/IT-companies-worried-as-Canada-tightens-visa-norms/articleshow/37987838.cms

Logesh

Aug 3, 2014
sandy89 said:
Hi rockstar!

I applied a wp on July 15 and I am still waiting!! What u say here is true even I heard there are lot of rejections going on! :eek: but what to do we have no option except to wait and hope for the best! :'( :-\ ::)
Hi Sandy,

Wish you all the best for your Canada visa approval.

I am preparing the IELTS for get the Canada PR. Planning to appear the exam by September 2014. I know the process is going to change from 2015.
Can you please guide me the process to getting PR/work permit. I am working as a Mainframe System Programmer with 4.7 yrs of Exp and currently working in Chennai. My personel mail id id nlogesh@gmail.com

Awaiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Logesh

sam_bangalore

Jul 23, 2014
Hi xilansn,

Couple of my team mates got the Visa last week,its not like no one is getting but there are rejections as well based on skills and experience mentioned in CV.

xilansn

Aug 1, 2014
Good to hear that @sam_bangalore. Lets hope for the best. I've applied with 4 years of work experience.

vison511

Aug 4, 2014
Hi

My company will apply the ICT work permit for me recently.
Do you see the new requirement for salary?
Is that your reject reason is for the salary requirement or for other reason?
I am very worried my application will be rejected because the salary requirement for each NOC.

vison511

Aug 4, 2014
sam_bangalore said:
Hi xilansn,

Couple of my team mates got the Visa last week,its not like no one is getting but there are rejections as well based on skills and experience mentioned in CV.
Hi sam_bangalore

Is there any experience to share?
I am going to apply ICT work permit in recent days.
Thanks

Marlee

Jan 16, 2014
Montréal, Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
CSQ: BIQ New York; QSW: CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
CSQ: 14-01-2014, QSW: 08-12-2014
Doc's Request.
13-11-2015
Nomination.....
DM: 07-01-2016, CSQ: 15-10-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ: 14-05-2014, QSW: 26-03-2015
IELTS Request
IELTS 8.5 - TEFÀQ C1/C1
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
Waiver
Passport Req..
Visa-exempt
VISA ISSUED...
COPR received 14-01-2016
LANDED..........
17-01-2016
My application for an extension has been sent out on June 9th.
I have been asked to meet with HR today. They told me that all the other applications of my international co-workers have been refused after 60 days. It's day 55 for me now. Meaning, mine will be refused as well. I have to point out that I work in the linguistic department of a huge company which requires their linguists to be native speakers. This stupid "Canadians first" policy! As if they found all those German/Italian/Swedish/Japanese native speakers among Canadians. It's absolutely ridiculous!

sam_bangalore

Jul 23, 2014
vison511 : Looks like same as L1 visa application for US, try to mention some tool which is rarely used and only few people knows about it instead of showing something which is common like java.Key is the specialize knowledge here which is not very common.

Gau1983

Jul 17, 2014
Hi SAM_BANGALORE,

Any news from CIC? I have also applied for ICT on 27th June 2014. Please let me know if you get any intimation.

Regards,