+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada was so Beautiful - I landed atlast :)

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
Dear all,
Here is my beautiful landing story.

My flight from Dubai on the 13th Nov early morning 2am via Amsterdam to Toronto.
When I reached Toronto with my husband and 2 year old son, the first passport control officer asked what visa are u in and what category have u applied for, we said FSW program and we were directed to the New immigration counter.
Where we were so overwhelmed by the welcome given by every officers we met.
We were asked very few questions, the basics.. How long is ur stay, how much money u have in hand, and when will u come back.
I had 3000 cad in hand and for 9 days and we said we will get back with in 5months.
And we were told, we have the visa for 5years and we have to live in the country for 2 ½ years to retain the status. And we gave our friends address for the PR card to be mailed.
We handed over the copies of the COPR and were asked to sign, and within few mins we were directed to SIN counter, where we applied for the SIN number.
And then there were two ladies who gave us a bag with the welcome to Canada kit and medical forms… and were asked to meet another officer to submit the B4 forms.
I worked hard to fill in the goods accompany and goods to follow forms, with lots of papers backing up with the proof of funds,
The officer didn’t want to check anything that I had, he took the B4 for goods to follow and the copies I attached and gave seals on the back of all the papers and gave us our copy with the seals and a print with the estimated value.
He didn’t check the proof of funds or ask us anything more. No Goods accompanying form was asked or checked.
And we were said WELCOME TO CANADA, congratulations now you are the Permanent resident 
Within 20 mins all the drama was over…
The feel of stepping on to the land of Canada..? Such a bliss…

We didn’t even have a look at our opportunity regarding our Jobs. We stayed 9 days in two different hotels. Sight-seeing.. And returned back home with 1500 dollars in hand 
We are getting back to Canada in next 2 years after making some money in Dubai.

Conclusion: I never wanted to leave the country, people were so kind to us, and the weather was awesome.
Though we are making good money in Dubai, I told we should get back to Canada ASAP and make it our home. Because it’s so beautiful out there…

Ask me any questions, ill try to reply my best.

Thanks for reading 

Guiders

May 30, 2014
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 03-11-2014
AOR Received.
PER 29-01-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
09-03-2015
Med's Done....
16-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Visa issued on 02-04-2015. Passport received on 30-04-2015
LANDED..........
16-09-2015
kabby said:
Dear all,

My flight from Dubai on the 13th Nov early morning 2am via Amsterdam to Toronto.
When I reached Toronto with my husband and 2 year old son, the first passport control officer asked what visa are u in and what category have u applied for, we said FSW program and we were directed to the New immigration counter.
We were asked very few questions, the basics.. How long is ur stay, how much money u have in hand, and when will u come back.
I had 3000 cad in hand and for 9 days and we said we will get back with in 5months.
And we were told, we have the visa for 5years and we have to live in the country for 2 ½ years to retain the status. And we gave our friends address for the PR card to be mailed.
We handed over the copies of the COPR and were asked to sign, and within few mins we were directed to SIN counter, where we applied for the SIN number.
And then there were two ladies who gave us a bag with the welcome to Canada kit and medical forms… and were asked to meet another officer to submit the B4 forms.
I worked hard to fill in the goods accompany and goods to follow forms, with lots of papers backing up with the proof of funds,
The officer didn’t want to check anything that I had, he took the B4 for goods to follow and the copies I attached and gave seals on the back of all the papers and gave us our copy with the seals and a print with the estimated value.
He didn’t check the proof of funds or ask us anything more. No Goods accompanying form was asked or checked.
And we were said WELCOME TO CANADA, congratulations now you are the Permanent resident 

We didn’t even have a look at our opportunity regarding our Jobs. We stayed 9 days in two different hotels. Sight-seeing.. And returned back home with 1500 dollars in hand 

Conclusion: I never wanted to leave the country, people were so kind to us, and the weather was awesome.
Though we are making good money in Dubai, I told we should get back to Canada ASAP and make it our home. Because it’s so beautiful out there…

Thanks for reading 
Hi,

Congratz- great to know this.

I and wife landed on 16th Sep and there was a long queue. the guys didn't talk much and we hardly stayed on the counter for 10mins (though due to long queue, our total waiting time was almost 30mins). All the officer did was check our passports, landing papers, sign and stamp...didn't ask for proof of funds nor did anyone ask us to fill anything, which looked a bit strange to me as I thought they will ask for all these details - but overall, it was a good experience.

FSWON

Nov 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
SGVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 May 2014
AOR Received.
19 Oct 2014
Med's Request
19 Oct 2015
Med's Done....
25 Oct 2015
Passport Req..
19 Nov 2015
VISA ISSUED...
21 Dec 2015
LANDED..........
11 June 2016
Alhamdulillah.. sister..

Its really good to hear from you. In sha ALLAH I am few steps away from making our first landing... Have got ppr.. So in sha ALLAH if everything goes right, we hope to get our visas soon. As you did, we also plan to make a very short landing - may be a week. But I was wondering - we have two kids of six and two mash Allah - how could you manage so many things within 1500?! I am a bit nervous about how much should I take for say seven days! know nothing about hotel cost or meal cost or transportation cost for the short landing. Though I am yet to get final results, but have started to look for info, might come in use in future, in sha ALLAH.

Thanks in advance.

zenfats

Nov 19, 2015
Hi,

First of all.. congratulations!! i hope to get there soon too :) however i have a long way to go...

It would be really helpful if you guys could share your application experience with us. What kind of documents does CIC expect? Especially the proof of funds. I have a mortgage (home loan) on my head and was wondering if I need to share details of the loan along with my bank accounts. Does the CIC consider the fact that we will sell the house before coming to Canada?

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
Guiders said:
Hi,

Congratz- great to know this.

I and wife landed on 16th Sep and there was a long queue. the guys didn't talk much and we hardly stayed on the counter for 10mins (though due to long queue, our total waiting time was almost 30mins). All the officer did was check our passports, landing papers, sign and stamp...didn't ask for proof of funds nor did anyone ask us to fill anything, which looked a bit strange to me as I thought they will ask for all these details - but overall, it was a good experience.
Congratulations..
Yes it was strange when they didn't ask me anything and just checked my passport and copr and signed..
we didn't have any Que so didn't take a long time...

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
zenfats said:
Hi,

First of all.. congratulations!! i hope to get there soon too :) however i have a long way to go...

It would be really helpful if you guys could share your application experience with us. What kind of documents does CIC expect? Especially the proof of funds. I have a mortgage (home loan) on my head and was wondering if I need to share details of the loan along with my bank accounts. Does the CIC consider the fact that we will sell the house before coming to Canada?
Even I have a housing loan, but it has nothing to do with your immigration process. make sure u have a required bank balance as per CIC, and also it can be in Fixed deposit. I showed fixed deposit. and I had enough money in hand and also in the bank account for which I had statements too.
but they didn't ask me to show any of those...
they will not want to know if ur seeing your property or not, all that u need is just show them the bank balance just to let them know u can survive until u find a job there... so do not show anything about your loan to them,

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
zenfats said:
Hi,

Even I have a housing loan, but it has nothing to do with your immigration process. make sure u have a required bank balance as per CIC, and also it can be in Fixed deposit. I showed fixed deposit. and I had enough money in hand and also in the bank account for which I had statements too.
but they didn't ask me to show any of those...
they will not want to know if ur seeing your property or not, all that u need is just show them the bank balance just to let them know u can survive until u find a job there... so do not show anything about your loan to them.
Good luck to you...

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
FSWON said:
Alhamdulillah.. sister..

Its really good to hear from you. In sha ALLAH I am few steps away from making our first landing... Have got ppr.. So in sha ALLAH if everything goes right, we hope to get our visas soon. As you did, we also plan to make a very short landing - may be a week. But I was wondering - we have two kids of six and two mash Allah - how could you manage so many things within 1500?! I am a bit nervous about how much should I take for say seven days! know nothing about hotel cost or meal cost or transportation cost for the short landing. Though I am yet to get final results, but have started to look for info, might come in use in future, in sha ALLAH.

Thanks in advance.
one week is more than enough, infact if you are out of the airport your work is done...
I went with 3500 cad, and I came home with the balance of 1500 in hand.
there are loads of cheap motels around.. so its not expensive, book your hotels before u leave from your country. and u will pay them only when u go there... I booked via booking.com

make sure u go to the city and not anywhere close to the airport as you have children its better to stay where u get good food also.
have all the medicines for your children.. just incase...

have minimum 3000 cad for spending...
transportation in tram or bus or train is 3cad per person.. taxi depends on where and how long u travel... good luck to you.. all the best

rajani47

Dec 2, 2014
Hi all,

I have applied in December 2014 and got visa at the end of August 2015. I have done medicals in the beginning of July therefore, our visa expiry is of July 2015.

I planned to perform landing in May 2016. But couple of my acquaintance suggested not to delay landing as it will be a problem on arrival. I am still unable to understand that if there is expiry on visa and if we do landing anytime before expiry, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Please suggest if some came across to perform landing after 10 months to visa issuance but before expiry?

Thanks

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
rajani47 said:
Hi all,

I have applied in December 2014 and got visa at the end of August 2015. I have done medicals in the beginning of July therefore, our visa expiry is of July 2015.

I planned to perform landing in May 2016. But couple of my acquaintance suggested not to delay landing as it will be a problem on arrival. I am still unable to understand that if there is expiry on visa and if we do landing anytime before expiry, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Please suggest if some came across to perform landing after 10 months to visa issuance but before expiry?

Thanks
Its because, people always worry about the last min Rule changes, so sooner the better.

But you can land anytime before your visa expires. that will never be a problem.
All the best.

ksa0510

Champion Member
Feb 11, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-07-2014
Nomination.....
04-11-2014
AOR Received.
04-11-2014
IELTS Request
03-07-2014
File Transfer...
09-07-2014
Med's Request
18-05-2015
Med's Done....
03-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
24-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2015
LANDED..........
21-07-2015
kabby said:
Dear all,

Thanks for reading 
Congratulations
Welcome to Canada

EA-one

Sep 10, 2015
kabby said:
Dear all,

Thanks for reading 
Hi Kabby,

Congrats on your PR.. My family and I are in the process of acquiring ours.in which provinceorcity did you land? Did you have difficulty completing the B4 forms? I trying to fill one but not sure what to write in it. Is your plan to stay in Dubai for the next two years and then move fully to Canada? What was your impression of the place?

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
EA-one said:
Hi Kabby,

Congrats on your PR.. My family and I are in the process of acquiring ours.in which provinceorcity did you land? Did you have difficulty completing the B4 forms? I trying to fill one but not sure what to write in it. Is your plan to stay in Dubai for the next two years and then move fully to Canada? What was your impression of the place?
Hello,

Thank you :)
I didn't have any difficulty in filling the B4 form, I can help you when u attain that stage while filling the forms. Its very easy.
we are planning to stay for 2 year in Dubai, as you know we both are in a good job here, for the matter we may not even earn that much in Canada :'(
but we have decided to take the risk and move to Canada with in two years, basically earn as much as possible and leave. In between if we find a job there we will move soon..

Canada is such a lovely place to live in.. trust me you will love it too.

good luck with your application.

July16AP

Aug 8, 2015
Friends,

I am bit confused about b4 form, many posts suggest I need to take two print outs for goods accompanying and goods to follow. How do I differentiate that in b4 form?

Goods to follow means things I will bring later or things that will come in shipment in the current trip?

And do I need to fill b4a form too?

kabby

Feb 28, 2013
July16AP said:
Friends,

I am bit confused about b4 form, many posts suggest I need to take two print outs for goods accompanying and goods to follow. How do I differentiate that in b4 form?

Goods to follow means things I will bring later or things that will come in shipment in the current trip?

And do I need to fill b4a form too?
Take 4 prints of B4 forms, u need to have 2 copies for goods to follow, and 2copies for goods accompanying
one copy will be taken by the airport officer and one will be given back to you, make sure the copy you have is having the seals by the airport so that u wont have trouble in the future..

term b4a is just to differentiate that you need to have goods to follow B4 and goods accompanying B4a -- no confusion here

Good luck :)