AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
5. While people drive cars on the road in Canada do not maintain any courtesy. In the Uk you will find 95% courtesy.
6. Customer service is not very good in Canada either. Only thing if you phone to your phone company or bank or go to the bank you will be served well. Apart from that rest of the placess have not got outstanding customer service. UK is superb regarding that aspects. Sorry to say these. But still I love Canada. No other choice.

Must depend where you live as I live in the UK and the general standard of driving is appalling - it is every person for themselves.
As for customer service - I don't think it could get any worse than what it is where I live, but that is just my opinion.

I am not expecting Canada to be paradise on earth but my experience in Vancouver on a long holiday is that the customer service is excellent and the driving experience is less stressful.

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
sanity said:
Interesting to read the comments and see everyone's perspective - I have lived in the UK and have not been to Canada so cannot compare but from my experience, UK is a good place to live with its ups and downs - I think the grass is always greener on the other side !

Sanity
I do not know where do you live now. But if you are living in the UK please stay there. Never think Canada is paradise. This is not like UK. Once you stay in Canada you will easily make the plenty of differences. If you are coming from India you will definitely like Canada. I know a number of friends of mine have come from UK and Australia. None of them like Canada. They said because immigration is very tough in the UK that is why they have come to Canada.

But facilities which UK Govt provides are outstanding. Mobile incoming calls are not free in Canada. Incoming calls are free in India. Now imagine the position of Canada. This is just an example. There are many more things if I start writing them Probably forum members will be disappointed.

Undoubtedly, job opportunities are outstanding in Canada compared to UK. If you are coming from UK make sure you bring plenty of cloths with you. You will not like Canada's cloths. Go to Debenhams, Next, TK Max and buy them.

This is my opinion.

Good luck for your future.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
Gulshan Grover said:
I do not know where do you live now. But if you are living in the UK please stay there. Never think Canada is paradise. This is not like UK. Once you stay in Canada you will easily make the plenty of differences. If you are coming from India you will definitely like Canada. I know a number of friends of mine have come from UK and Australia. None of them like Canada. They said because immigration is very tough in the UK that is why they have come to Canada.

But facilities which UK Govt provides are outstanding. Mobile incoming calls are not free in Canada. Incoming calls are free in India. Now imagine the position of Canada. This is just an example. There are many more things if I start writing them Probably forum members will be disappointed.

Undoubtedly, job opportunities are outstanding in Canada compared to UK. If you are coming from UK make sure you bring plenty of cloths with you. You will not like Canada's cloths. Go to Debenhams, Next, TK Max and buy them.

This is my opinion.

Good luck for your future.
Thanks for your comments. I am sure that you have given your opinion with 100% honesty. UK may have better facilities, but again non-EU are not welcome here. Why things are made tough in the UK, because UK doesn't want immigrants.
We have big challenges in front of us. We start with leaving our homeland, parents, families, relatives and friends. Obviously, we do not do it just for the sake of money. We are looking for better life for us and our families.
My friends who went to Canada 10 years ago, now they are there with all the family members and parents. All of them are Canadian Nationals now. In my family, I am the only person who is British Citizen.
It depends upon the preferences. My opinion is, if you want a good future for your families, kids and coming generations, then Canada is the best place.
I agree weather is cold over there, but at least weather doesn't discriminate between different races.

Gulshan Grover

Star Member
Jun 3, 2009
zub2612 said:
Thanks for your comments. I am sure that you have given your opinion with 100% honesty. UK may have better facilities, but again non-EU are not welcome here. Why things are made tough in the UK, because UK doesn't want immigrants.
We have big challenges in front of us. We start with leaving our homeland, parents, families, relatives and friends. Obviously, we do not do it just for the sake of money. We are looking for better life for us and our families.
My friends who went to Canada 10 years ago, now they are there with all the family members and parents. All of them are Canadian Nationals now. In my family, I am the only person who is British Citizen.
It depends upon the preferences. My opinion is, if you want a good future for your families, kids and coming generations, then Canada is the best place.
I agree weather is cold over there, but at least weather doesn't discriminate between different races.
Well written. Yes I am 100% agreed with you. Because I have just come from UK therefore it is happening. I will get used to gradually. It is true UK does not want immigrant anymore. There are a plethora of opportunities in Canada compared to UK. Good luck for your future.

JGK

Star Member
Jul 16, 2010
Vegreville, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (File Moved to Detroit July 2011)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
31-05-2010
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
01-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
13-09-2011
VISA ISSUED...
26-09-2011
LANDED..........
12-10-2011
As a Brit living in Canada, I've got to say these basic comparisons are unfair on Canada. Personally, I've found customer service in stores to be miles better in Canada (the only British store that comes close would be John Lewis in the UK).

Other services may not be as good but look at what you are comparing:

The UK has roughly 65 million in a land mass of 284,820 km2
Canada has roughly 33 million in a land mass of 9,976,140 km2 (i.e. 35 times bigger with about half the number of people)

This means that in Canada you have the equivalent of half the number of UK taxpayers who have to fund the infrastructure and services for a country 35 times bigger than the UK. logistically the UK has it so easy.

Having been in Canada for ~10 years, I couldn't afford to go back to the UK, I find it expensive and overcrowded. Quality of life is better for me in Canada. I still love England and visit every so often but Canada is "home".

Virender Sehwag

Apr 12, 2011
@ Gulshan Grover Just wait for few months you will like Canada too. I understand you have just come from UK. This country will give you good salary, house, car, savings which you have not got in the UK. After that you will say Canada is heaven. Do not worry Gulshan. When I came to Canada first I had the same problem like you. You will be OK. Try not to spend unnecessary money now. Just be careful about the bank transactions, ensure you are aware of number of transactions, charges and so on. It is true nothing free in this country. For RECEIVING bank statements bank charges an amount. RIDICULOUS.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zub2612 said:
In UK foreigners are not welcome any more. I have realised it many times that I have been treated differently and not greeted the same way as the white shop keeper would have greeted a white customer.
In Canada, I didn't feel racism at all. My opinion is that we should live where we are welcome. We shouldn't live in the UK when the natives of the country don't want us to be there. Everything else can be managed, but we shouldn't be unwanted guest at anyone's home.
I second....

I have been to UK many times and felt the same. The racist word "Paki" is very common used for all South Asians; Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis,..Apart from that black people also suffer racism, they are called niggers. I too was treated differently and looked at in a suspicious way when you enter their country especially at airports. Personally I was always reluctant speaking to white people as the response can be unpredictable. If you are black or Asian expect more stop and searches. I have heard their polls, 9 out of 10 people don't want immigrants and balme that immigrants are taking their jobs. However most of the low paid jobs are done by immigrants and are actually a cheap labour for them. If you are non white always keep your profile low and expect the least.

Luckily I was always a tourist there so it didn't bother me much and I never worked for any body.

Please have a look...

http://freemovement.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/entry-clearance-discrimination-authorised/

Immigration Minister Damian Green has authorised discrimination by visa officers on the basis of nationality. This follows on from a finding last year by John Vine, Chief Inspector of the UK Border Agency, that visa officers were discriminating against Pakistani visa applicants. See recent coverage here on the blog. Essentially, very different criteria and standards were being applied by the same visa officers depending on whether they were deciding Pakistani cases or other cases at the regional hub in Abu Dhabi.

Rather than trying to eliminate the discrimination, treat all nationalities equally and create a level playing field, the response of the Government has been to institutionalise the discrimination through what is called a Ministerial Authorisation.

The announcement is here and the authorisation itself can be found here. However, what I cannot for the life of me find is the list of countries referred to in the authorisation. I assume as a result that no countries have yet been designated, or can anyone else do any better than me?

The announcement and authorisation state that the list of countries will be reviewed by UKBA quarterly based on certain criteria, and the list must be personally approved by the minister. Interestingly, the list of countries will not therefore be stated in the authorisation itself. UKBA have managed to get themselves into all sorts of trouble with this sort of delegated legislation strategy in the past (BAPIO, Pankina, English UK) so it is slightly surprising they are willing to risk it again. Unless they simply haven't learned their lesson or, as I suspect, secretly LOVE immigration lawyers and enjoy creating work for us.

In the meantime, until that list of countries shows up — and perhaps even after it shows up — there is a strong argument to say that Pakistani entry clearance appeals should include a race discrimination ground. A discrimination finding in the tribunal will then lead to an award of damages by a county court.

sherry00

May 28, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nice Thread :)

well i have been to many countries. People from Australia and UK, they will discriminate you on your face on the basis of your origion/country, race etc. Americans will discriminate you on ur back. Canadians are quite nice, they wont discriminate you unless you commit sumthing abnormal infront of them. Arabs lolz if You have lods of money and having american or european passprt they can even call u their brothers.

Cheers
Sherry

sanity

Jun 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th July 2011
IELTS Request
sherry00 said:

well i have been to many countries. People from Australia and UK, they will discriminate you on your face on the basis of your origion/country, race etc. Americans will discriminate you on ur back. Canadians are quite nice, they wont discriminate you unless you commit sumthing abnormal infront of them. Arabs lolz if You have lods of money and having american or european passprt they can even call u their brothers.

Cheers
Sherry
I couldnt resist to reply - Arabs !! its true and hilarious ;-)

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
sherry00 said:

Cheers
Sherry
Arabs don't even understand that why the discrimination is bad.

fromdubai

Aug 1, 2010
Well I have been to many countries (born and raised in Dubai) - both countries have pros and cons depending on each individual profile, however in my case overall I prefer UK more.

zub2612

Jul 11, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Probably never.
Please have a look at the following link.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/immigration-more-20-092115209.html

Please read the comments from the British people.

One guy suggested that all the UK immigrants should be sent to Canada. I told him that if this happens, I will probably the first person to go. :)

TOMCRUSE

Nov 10, 2011
Nice thread :)

ssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

when u r in UK ...ALL THE TIME you were thinking about CANADA....Now u are in CANADA you are missing UK. Its human nature sirrr.

Yousef_MA

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
zub2612 said:
Arabs don't even understand that why the discrimination is bad.
Simply they don’t understand it because it is a quite new term and not practiced in their communities since most of Arabs are Muslims and ISLAM is against racism obviously.
We are not living in the heaven guys, there is racism everywhere even within the same family and in the Poor or developing countries as well. I give you an example of racism in any poor country where it is quite not exist in those countries we want to live in.
- Racism based on the gender(male-female)
- Racism based on the power and authority of people
- Racism based on how much money the people possess
- Racism based on profession
- Racism within the same small family based on maturity, gender, age, kindness…etc
- And list never ends
Based on above, some sick people shape you and put you in the respected category and start dealing with you. So, we really face racism everywhere.

Yousef_MA

Star Member
Nov 24, 2010
KSA
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 2009
One more deference between UK and Canada, Canada has most poor and not streamlined immigration system than any country else. We see lots of people in the Canadian immigration hassle since 2004 until now. However, this will never happen in UK or any other immigration attractive country.
We also don't see any clear criteria for processing the immigration files on which they release the MR, PPR. This is a another hassle
In my country anybody takes the UK visit Visa in 3 business days and Canadian Visa in a 3 month if it is not refused