+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visitor visa rejected, what can i change/improve when i reapply again?

May 20, 2024
Hello everybody,

So i just found out about this forum page and i am thinking of reapplying my Canadian visa with my family, i had applied on around November of 2023 and i would like to reapply again.

This were the rejection comments:

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Here’s the information I provided in my application:

Visit Purpose: “we will visit Niagara Falls, Banff National Park, Whistler and others. Dates are not confirmed but during school vacation March 2024 or July - September 2024 ” (This is the exact wording used in the application.). We had set our travel dates from 15-03-2024 to 15-04-2024, a duration of one month.

Application Method: We applied online using GC Key.

Financial Proof: I demonstrated financial stability by showing 45,000AED (approximately 12,250 USD) in my bank account, along with a 6-month bank statement. Additionally, I have investments in the UAE valued over 55K USD.

Additional Information: I have a valid US visa stamped in my passport. My family and I hold Pakistani nationality.

Could you all please guide me on what modifications are needed for my reapplication?

Thank you so much for your help!

binnareyn

Jun 9, 2020
1. Make a definite itinerary with confirmed flight tickets and hotel bookings within fixed dates.
2. Add ties to your country of residence (jobs, pay stubs, business registrations, income(/tax) statements, school registrations, assets)
3. Previous travel to other countries with no overstays.

Reactions: forevermore76

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello everybody,

So i just found out about this forum page and i am thinking of reapplying my Canadian visa with my family, i had applied on around November of 2023 and i would like to reapply again.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/ section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will leave Canada, based on the following factors:

• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application.

Visit Purpose: “we will visit Niagara Falls, Banff National Park, Whistler and others. Dates are not confirmed but during school vacation March 2024 or July - September 2024 ” (This is the exact wording used in the application.). We had set our travel dates from 15-03-2024 to 15-04-2024, a duration of one month.

Financial Proof: I demonstrated financial stability by showing 45,000AED (approximately 12,250 USD) in my bank account, along with a 6-month bank statement. Additionally, I have investments in the UAE valued over 55K USD.

Additional Information: I have a valid US visa stamped in my passport. My family and I hold Pakistani nationality.

Could you all please guide me on what modifications are needed for my reapplication?

1. Your funds are way too low unless investments are liquid. No way you will have enough funds to make it through the month. Also using all funds to come to Canada. Whistler for one week can cost $10k.
2. How are you getting from coast to coast? Airfare and transportation costs alone to those all those places will use up all your money in the bank account.
3. Itinerary makes no sense and is strange. Can see why IRCC doesn’t believe you will leave.

tommy_2k23

May 10, 2023
Hello everybody,

you should choose one city lets say toronto and plan a trip of 7 days. Your funds are more than enlough for this sort of itinerary for one person. With more family members show more funds. Try understanding what tourist purpose means and how many days to explore a city. For the same amount of length of stay you should have shown more money. For yourself and for exploring one city like toronto for a 7 day trip ; your current funds make more sense. Just simple math. Luck plays a role I am surprised that Chinook did not bypass you for visa approval since you have had the US valid visa.

have you traveled to usa before and came back to UAE? Again your travel duration does not make sense given teh funds. Good luck!

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
you should choose one city lets say toronto and plan a trip of 7 days. Your funds are more than enlough for this sort of itinerary for one person. With more family members show more funds. Try understanding what tourist purpose means and how many days to explore a city. For the same amount of length of stay you should have shown more money. For yourself and for exploring one city like toronto for a 7 day trip ; your current funds make more sense. Just simple math. Luck plays a role I am surprised that Chinook did not bypass you for visa approval since you have had the US valid visa.

have you traveled to usa before and came back to UAE? Again your travel duration does not make sense given teh funds. Good luck!
Family doesn’t have US visas, only OP. If he had applied alone with current funds, he may have been approved but itinerary is really unrealistic.

May 20, 2024
Family doesn’t have US visas, only OP. If he had applied alone with current funds, he may have been approved but itinerary is really unrealistic.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but my whole family 4 of us have valid US visas. Also how much amount should i show in my bank account for a 2 weeks trip? isint 12kUSD enough for the 4 of us?

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Chinook is not auto approval . A officer still looks at the application

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but my whole family 4 of us have valid US visas. Also how much amount should i show in my bank account for a 2 weeks trip? isint 12kUSD enough for the 4 of us?
Considering that airfare from Toronto to Calgary will set you back $800 per person . That’s $3200 one way x 2 . That’s $6400 in airfare alone . Plus hotels , etc during peak tourism season , in a nutshell your funding is not enough.
Have you researched how much hotels are in Banff , Whistler, Vancouver, Toronto during the summer ? Unless you’re staying in a tent , woefully short

May 20, 2024
Considering that airfare from Toronto to Calgary will set you back $800 per person . That’s $3200 one way x 2 . That’s $6400 in airfare alone . Plus hotels , etc during peak tourism season , in a nutshell your funding is not enough
so if you had to guess an rough estimate for a 2 week trip? how much would it be 20-30kCAD?

May 20, 2024
1. Your funds are way too low unless investments are liquid. No way you will have enough funds to make it through the month. Also using all funds to come to Canada. Whistler for one week can cost $10k.
2. How are you getting from coast to coast? Airfare and transportation costs alone to those all those places will use up all your money in the bank account.
3. Itinerary makes no sense and is strange. Can see why IRCC doesn’t believe you will leave.
After some research online, I decided that mountainous areas would be more interesting to me than city centers. Using AI, the following 14-day trip was created:

Day 1-2: Toronto - Arrive in Toronto and spend a day or two exploring the city.

Day 3: Niagara Falls - Take a day trip from Toronto to Niagara Falls, one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders.

Day 4-7: Algonquin Provincial Park - Head north to Algonquin Provincial Park, a vast wilderness area with forests, lakes, and rivers. Hike or canoe through the park, go camping under the stars, or spot wildlife like moose and bears.

Day 8-9: Ottawa - Canada's capital city, Ottawa, is a great place to stop for a day or two. Visit Parliament Hill, explore the Canadian War Museum, or stroll along the Rideau Canal.

Day 10-14: Banff National Park - Drive west to Banff National Park, one of Canada's most popular national parks. Hike or bike on one of the park's many trails, go for a scenic gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain, or take a boat tour on Lake Louise, a stunning turquoise lake surrounded by glaciers. In the evenings, enjoy cozy nights by the fireplace at your hotel.

Can you now let me know if this itinerary makes sense? Additionally, from what I've seen on gmaps, the only location that is far from the other four is Banff National Park—about a four-hour flight away.

Thus, I would appreciate it if you could also estimate the approximate cost of this entire trip for me and my family of 3 so in total 4 People

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: foodie69

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
After some research online, I decided that mountainous areas would be more interesting to me than city centers. Using AI, the following 14-day trip was created:

Day 3: Niagara Falls - Take a day trip from Toronto to Niagara Falls, one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders.

Day 4-7: Algonquin Provincial Park - Head north to Algonquin Provincial Park, a vast wilderness area with forests, lakes, and rivers. Hike or canoe through the park, go camping under the stars, or spot wildlife like moose and bears.

Day 8-9: Ottawa - Canada's capital city, Ottawa, is a great place to stop for a day or two. Visit Parliament Hill, explore the Canadian War Museum, or stroll along the Rideau Canal.

Day 10-14: Banff National Park - Drive west to Banff National Park, one of Canada's most popular national parks. Hike or bike on one of the park's many trails, go for a scenic gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain, or take a boat tour on Lake Louise, a stunning turquoise lake surrounded by glaciers. In the evenings, enjoy cozy nights by the fireplace at your hotel.

Can you now let me know if this sentence makes sense? Additionally, from what I've seen on gmaps, the only location that is far from the other four is Banff National Park—about a four-hour flight away.

Thus, I would appreciate it if you could also estimate the approximate cost of this entire trip for me and ym family of 3 so in total 4 People
Itinerary makes no sense. How are you getting around and have you looked at travel times? Do you have camping equipment? How are you getting to Banff? So you are flying from Ottawa to Calgary…not always direct flights. A Banff trip alone with all you want to do, airfare, food and transportation can cost up to $10k. My family of 3 went to Whistler for 5 days to ski and it cost around $8k.

Reactions: Copingwithlife

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth

Can you now let me know if this itinerary makes sense? Additionally, from what I've seen on gmaps, the only location that is far from the other four is Banff National Park—about a four-hour flight away.

Thus, I would appreciate it if you could also estimate the approximate cost of this entire trip for me and my family of 3 so in total 4 People
I’m planning on just going to Calgary this weekend. A hotel now in Calgary and it’s not even tourist season will set me back around $300/night .
Just go on Expedia and look at hotels in Banff , Lake Louise , Canmore . It’s very expensive

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Itinerary does not make sense. You are saying you are going to drive from Ottawa to Banff. This is a 40 hour drive assuming you make zero stops.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015

Ever looked at a map? Canada is the second largest country in the world..
Even walking to my letterbox and back to the house takes me 10 minutes.

forevermore76

Star Member
May 19, 2024
1. Make a definite itinerary with confirmed flight tickets and hotel bookings within fixed dates.
2. Add ties to your country of residence (jobs, pay stubs, business registrations, income(/tax) statements, school registrations, assets)
3. Previous travel to other countries with no overstays.
This is what you need to do. Return ticket and a clear itinerary along with enough finances. $20k liquid for the trip you are proposing minimum it seems like.