+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visitor visa rejected, what can i change/improve when i reapply again?

May 20, 2024
Ever looked at a map? Canada is the second largest country in the world..
Even walking to my letterbox and back to the house takes me 10 minutes.

hi,
i have rewritten my itenary and now i will only travel to vancouver and places around it, the following is my intenary and the exact words which i have used in my visa application, please kindly rate how it sounds

We will arrive in Vancouver on December 6th 2024 and during our 10 day stay we are planning to visit and explore the waterfront, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Museum of Anthropology, VanDusen Garden, Queen Elizabeth Park, travel to Whistler (Zip line & Sight seeing) via the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Vancouver Art Gallery and on 16th December 2024 we will depart from Vancouver to Dubai back.

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69
May 20, 2024
Itinerary makes no sense. How are you getting around and have you looked at travel times? Do you have camping equipment? How are you getting to Banff? So you are flying from Ottawa to Calgary…not always direct flights. A Banff trip alone with all you want to do, airfare, food and transportation can cost up to $10k. My family of 3 went to Whistler for 5 days to ski and it cost around $8k.
hi,
i have rewritten my itenary and now i will only travel to vancouver and places around it, the following is my intenary and the exact words which i have used in my visa application, please kindly rate how it sounds

We will arrive in Vancouver on December 6th 2024 and during our 10 day stay we are planning to visit and explore the waterfront, Stanley Park, Granville Island, Grouse Mountain, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Museum of Anthropology, VanDusen Garden, Queen Elizabeth Park, travel to Whistler (Zip line & Sight seeing) via the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Vancouver Art Gallery and on 16th December 2024 we will depart from Vancouver to Dubai back.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi,

Why are you really coming to Canada? You have gone from a coast to coast trip to now a 10 day trip to Vancouver. All the things you listed in Vancouver can be done in 3 days, Whistler 3 days. Are you hikIng? Can you even zip line in December? What sight seeing in Whistler if not skiing? Plus coming to Vancouver and Whistler in December….could rain everyday.

foodie69

VIP Member
Dec 18, 2015
hi,

Having lived in Vancouver for many many years, this itinerary is bemusing. As Naturgrl pointed out, zip lining in Whistler in December is a joke. Van Dusen in Winter, besides the lights, is unspectacular..
OP most likely comes to Canada to claim asylum

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Having lived in Vancouver for many many years, this itinerary is bemusing. As Naturgrl pointed out, zip lining in Whistler in December is a joke. Van Dusen in Winter, besides the lights, is unspectacular..
OP most likely comes to Canada to claim asylum
OP googled Vancouver and picked the top attractions with no thought. Most of those things can be seen in a day. Honestly you don’t go to Whistler in December to zip line and “sight-see” or go to parks/gardens. Just don’t understand why coming to Canada. Started with Niagara Falls, then Banff, now Vancouver. And coming to visit Canada in December is a strange time.

Still haven’t addressed cash in the bank. You have $12k USD which is nothing for a family to come to Canada. You are using every penny from your bank account for a trip. For a family of 4 you should be showing $30k+ because you want to show that you can afford to come to Canada and not use all savings. Now coming for a 10 day trip to Vancouver, it just doesn’t seem worth it. I mentioned in a previous post that I went to Whistler with family of 3 for 5 days of skiing and trip cost almost $10k (Airfare, accommodations, food, car rental).

Why do you want to visit Vancouver?

Last edited:
Reactions: foodie69

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
After some research online, I decided that mountainous areas would be more interesting to me than city centers. Using AI, the following 14-day trip was created:

Day 1-2: Toronto - Arrive in Toronto and spend a day or two exploring the city.

Day 3: Niagara Falls - Take a day trip from Toronto to Niagara Falls, one of the world's most spectacular natural wonders.

Day 4-7: Algonquin Provincial Park - Head north to Algonquin Provincial Park, a vast wilderness area with forests, lakes, and rivers. Hike or canoe through the park, go camping under the stars, or spot wildlife like moose and bears.

Day 8-9: Ottawa - Canada's capital city, Ottawa, is a great place to stop for a day or two. Visit Parliament Hill, explore the Canadian War Museum, or stroll along the Rideau Canal.

Day 10-14: Banff National Park - Drive west to Banff National Park, one of Canada's most popular national parks. Hike or bike on one of the park's many trails, go for a scenic gondola ride up Sulphur Mountain, or take a boat tour on Lake Louise, a stunning turquoise lake surrounded by glaciers. In the evenings, enjoy cozy nights by the fireplace at your hotel.

Can you now let me know if this itinerary makes sense? Additionally, from what I've seen on gmaps, the only location that is far from the other four is Banff National Park—about a four-hour flight away.

Thus, I would appreciate it if you could also estimate the approximate cost of this entire trip for me and my family of 3 so in total 4 People
Driving alone from Ottawa to Thunder Bay will take you at least two days. And that’s if you’re gunning it . At LEAST two days .
You always hear Americans going on how huge Texas is ? To put it into perspective, Ontario is 1.5 the size of Texas. It’s a HUGE province

As mentioned you’re literally all over the map on your “ sightseeing “ trip .
The VO are not idiots . They are trained to look at inconsistencies in applications . It’s looks like you’ve just taken a map of Canada and thrown darts at it

Last edited: