+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Visa Issues/Questions/Problems

sun

Mar 8, 2008
Last week, the Ontario government expanded PNP. The Ontario Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, while in Waterloo, announced changes in the program that are meant to promote attracting international students to the province and keeping them here in high-value jobs.

International students across the country are eligible to participate in this new program as long as they are graduates of a publicly-funded Canadian college or university and have a job offer in Ontario. Students can now apply with any job offer as long as they can make some argument as to how that job is relevant to their program of study. Decisions are then made on a case by case basis.

As a result, more international students than ever have a chance to become permanent residents of Ontario.

Canada Visa Issues/Questions/Problems can be discussed at :- http://www.cicimmigration.net

sjohnson2

Oct 15, 2008
see, i'm just not sure how i feel about these things. i mean taking well qualified people from other places (that are probubly in desperate need of these people), and offering them these great incentives to immigrate, and go to school/work in another country. doesn't seem right. it's like the rich stealing from the poor isn't it???
Sam

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It really is stealing from the poor. Canada needs more skilled workers so we import them from somewhere else without having had to put them through any school, pay for their healthcare when they were children etc.

On the other hand, people are not like cattle. You can not own people. If they choose to go to another country where they have better prospects, they should be able to go.

shelleydalyce

Star Member
Oct 19, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 1, 2011
AOR Received.
July 11, 2011 after an email and some prodding
File Transfer...
March 10, 2011
Med's Done....
November 30, 2010
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
September 6, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
September 13, 2011
LANDED..........
September 13, 2011
I am rather curious about this as I have never heard this. I am a Canadian citizen living in Ontario and looking to find a way for my American partner to immigrate. He is a 3rd period electrical apprentice (Skilled Worker)....
I am curious as to what it is that you are talking about because it may (fingers crossed) help me.
(inbox messages accepted)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you lived together for 12 months or are you willing to marry him? If yes, the best way would be for you to sponsor him as a common-law or sposue. If no, then he should probably finish his apprenticeship, get a year of work experience and apply for PR as a skilled worker.

grazziah

Oct 28, 2009
Hi! I am a caregiver in Canada and have a valid working permit until August 2010.I am planning to have a holiday in the Philippines on December 5, 2009.Can i get a re-entry VISA in Buffalo? How long could it be processed because i am afraid i can not have my visa before i go to the Philippines, and what are the requirements?Thank you very much for the immediate reply.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
grazziah said:
Hi! I am a caregiver in Canada and have a valid working permit until August 2010.I am planning to have a holiday in the Philippines on December 5, 2009.Can i get a re-entry VISA in Buffalo? How long could it be processed because i am afraid i can not have my visa before i go to the Philippines, and what are the requirements?Thank you very much for the immediate reply.
Is your visa single entry? You need to apply for a temporary resident visa to enter Canada again.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/visa-pilot.asp

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/buffalo/imm/visa_temp.aspx?lang=eng#REQUIREMENTSCANADA

Last year's processing time statistics:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/international/13-temp-visitors.asp#west

trini777

May 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this topic refers to a type of Canada experience class. The person would have to have had studied at a Canadian school under a valid study permit.

ud

Jun 19, 2011
hey
i have been reading all this. I had sent in my visa application 2 weeks and haven't received my passport. I need to travel back to my home country urgently however I don't have my passport yet.

Can anyone tell me if the New york consulate has walk-in hours and what days/timings are they. I need my passport urgently. I intend to travel to NY tomorrow.

thanks