+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada University i20 Rejected

santosh_u

Sep 25, 2013
Hello i have applied to University of Regina,Dalhouise University & Windsor University.
My application has been Rejected by University of Regina saying that my SoP contained plagiarism(which i didn't know).And that didn't stop there.I am banned from the University permanently.Now Dalhouise is also stating that Regina University has contacted them and now they also cannot give me an admission.Now only Windsor is left over but i don't know what will happen.in their(windsor's) portal it is showing that my application has been sent to my department.So,can i expect an i20 or am i banned from canada permanently.Please answer this question clearly.

Reactions: KabirMoho

Wordlife

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-09-2013
Doc's Request.
19-09-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
24-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-09-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-09-2013
LANDED..........
Sukh wele shukrana, dukh wele ardaas... har wele simran!!
santosh_u said:
Hello i have applied to University of Regina,Dalhouise University & Windsor University.
My application has been Rejected by University of Regina saying that my SoP contained plagiarism(which i didn't know).And that didn't stop there.I am banned from the University permanently.Now Dalhouise is also stating that Regina University has contacted them and now they also cannot give me an admission.Now only Windsor is left over but i don't know what will happen.in their(windsor's) portal it is showing that my application has been sent to my department.So,can i expect an i20 or am i banned from canada permanently.Please answer this question clearly.
The main problem is your SOP was probably copied either by you or your agent. If u cannot spare time to write one page to build your future, what impression do u draw? Universities are competitive and they have experienced staff to review applications. They would know whats real and whats copied. Universities probably have a shared banned list to prevent fraudulent students from taking the valuable seats that otherwise the hard working students deserve. Now coming to your problem, u seem to have sent a wrong impression unintentionally. U r not banned from canada, u r just banned from getting admission into universities who share the banned list. I m not sure if public and private universities both share the lists, but u should apply to some private university/college as a backup plan. You may also write to Regina and Dalhousie univ about this and request them to revoke the ban on you. Its highly unlikely whether it would help but its your duty/responsibility to write them back and clear the misconception. Make sure to apply to at least 1 community college just to be sure to have a double backup. For now just wait and hope for a positive reply from Windsor univ. Good luck.

Nava

Dec 1, 2013
Hey
Even I applied to U of regina and they rejected my application stating that ur SOP was copied. But I have not applied to Dalhousie till now. But I am planning to apply 1 month later. Is it sure that even they are going to reject my application?

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santosh_u said:
plagiarism, seriously!!!! Well don't wana be rude, but if I were the decision maker, I would have certainly denied you too! You couldn't write your own SOP, that's a shame. Damage is done already. UOW is not that strict on applicants (as they aren't on students' priority that much, lol). Hope its gonna work out for u, but if it doesn't. YOu need to seek admission in a college and probably seek a transfer once you land here.

winsor

Star Member
Dec 10, 2013
what is surprising is that U of Regina informed Dalhousie ?!!

well, you can approach these univs and request them to lift the ban..assure them in an indirect and polite way, that u will never apply to their univs if they felt u have voilated their rules and that u will respect their decision..

this is only to clear a black mark on ur profile..it shudnt make any effect, but still if u can convince them to clear it off why shouldnt u try it ?

And applying to almost all community colleges is free of cost through consultancies, so you can apply to them as a back up plan...

u can try LakeHead Univ, FDU,..

Lawyer33

Aug 29, 2013
Alicante (Spain)
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
santosh_u said:
What is SOP? Explain me!

Lawyer33

Aug 29, 2013
Alicante (Spain)
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I´m Lawyer in Spain. I don´t have to know the meaning of SOP or whatever other acronym, for that I ask you.

Reactions: KabirMoho

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lawyer33 said:
I´m Lawyer in Spain. I don´t have to know the meaning of SOP or whatever other acronym, for that I ask you.
Well if you are a lawyer, I can't give you a better clarification then you can understand yourself. I have already shared my views on how it can now work out for you.

Seek admission in a University which is not so popular and once you are here, you can try to switch. I would say another better idea is to try Universities in Quebec. Though process is going to take a bit longer than other Uni, but it's worth trying assuming what damage has been caused to your case already.

sharjeel91

Champion Member
Oct 2, 2013
App. Filed.......
09/09/2013
santosh_u said:
sorry to tell you that most of the canadian universities share students data and its all portal, so bro ur in deep trouble, did u really copy that SOP? If yes then u cant do anything just hope, But if u really wrote it at ur own u can easily clarify the points I mean the whole SOP, why u wrote that point how u know it all the stuff

beinghuman

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Did you copyscape any authors writing? Can you share your SOP! I hope other students will learn from your mistake.