+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Study Permit

Jul 7, 2020
Hi Guys,
I had applied and received my WES ECA report for immigration. But I am now planning to apply for canada study permit, will my ECA report affect my study permit approval? As the visa officer will be suspicious about me leaving canada after course completion. Will the visa officer notice my ECA report?

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You don't need to give your ECA for a study permit application, so they won't know about it.

However, if you still want to immigrate permanently, make sure you can genuinely convince the case officer your intent is to leave Canada.

Jul 7, 2020
You don't need to give your ECA for a study permit application, so they won't know about it.

However, if you still want to immigrate permanently, make sure you can genuinely convince the case officer your intent is to leave Canada.
Thank you so much for your response.
I am also confused about which course to take up as I was graduated in 2015 in Accounting and Finance and have been working into different fields for almost 5 years. So should I take a course which is aligned to my previous studies or something relevant to my work experience.

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Either could be fine; use your letter of explanation to justify how going back to school will help advance your career. With a degree in accounting you could take a program relevant to that and say you want to strengthen your credentials so you can better use that degree back in your home country.

Jul 7, 2020
Either could be fine; use your letter of explanation to justify how going back to school will help advance your career. With a degree in accounting you could take a program relevant to that and say you want to strengthen your credentials so you can better use that degree back in your home country.
Thank you for your advice. I will probably take up a course which is aligned to my current job. Also, any idea when is IELTS likely to resume? :)

fatehparminder

Jul 17, 2021
India
Category........
STUDY
I have the WES report that I applied for the Canada PR. But now I want to apply for a study visa. Could you please tell me whether I can use the same WES report for applying for the offer letter from a university?