+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Vs UK PR

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,
With all your support I got Canada PR under Express Entry . Now I got the situation where I need to decide whether I need to keep my Canada PR or UK PR .. As Its time to decide which one I need keep and take passport either from Canada or UK. I got situation now that both countries takes same amount of time to get the passport dont know which one I need to keep ..Please help me friends.

I was thinking and Im tired I was doing lot of research and both countries have its own advantage. Can you please help with this.

Thanks in advance..

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ag2015usa said:
On the balance, I'd take Canada because you have the US job market open to you with a NAFTA visa.
Yes I agree. any more comments please

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ag2015usa said:
On the balance, I'd take Canada because you have the US job market open to you with a NAFTA visa.
I came first week of feb to UK and here market is sooo damn .. Its been 3 weeks nothing is working here .

I can get Canada Passport in 3 yrs time as I already stayed 2yrs on LMO which is considered to be 1 yr when I go to Canada Passport . so In total I need to stay 3 more years.

Honeyaustin

Jun 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if u like to live in a country that get as cold as -30 degrees in winter go for canada and all the market are slow in winter, driving ofcourse is pain and risky too in winter,
i personally think europe is the best place to live its lot more advance and developed in every aspect than north america.
just an honest opinion from my side.
Good luck

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
krishna19 said:
I came first week of feb to UK and here market is sooo damn .. Its been 3 weeks nothing is working here .

I can get Canada Passport in 3 yrs time as I already stayed 2yrs on LMO which is considered to be 1 yr when I go to Canada Passport . so In total I need to stay 3 more years.
You will need to wait for 4 years after you get PR to apply for Canadian Citizenship.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Weather and job wise UK is better. You can work anywhere in Europe.

gimmyle

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
ttrajan said:
Weather and job wise UK is better. You can work anywhere in Europe.
so true. ive been to both and preferably UK is better though things might not look right in the beginning but come to think about health welfare UK is better.weather is not extremely terrible and definitely their job prospect u just need to train more just like anywhere else.the house might be small in London but outside is better and good for family.

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
ag2015usa said:
Hey ag2015usa, having said that, can a Canadian PR enter USA as many times as needed, if he holds B1 multiple entry visa for US? This is actually my case... Or is it always good to apply for NAFTA once I land in Canada? As my work in canada may require many visits nd extended stays in the USA... What's the NAFTA procedure if u can guide
Thanks a lot for ur gym!!!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
krishna19 said:

Market is not very good anywhere right now. Another benefit in UK will be distance from home country. However, you may want to consider other aspects as well; for example Canada has long duration supervisas for parents (don't know about UK).

rajibsam

Jul 29, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For the same job, you will earn more in UK/Europe. Pound/Euro much stronger than CAD. Even US people earn at least 40% more than Canadian due to recent slump in CAD. In Canada you will have access to US jobs, in UK you would have access to European jobs. If you don't have connection to UK/Canada (relative's, friends, etc), then Uk seems better. In both the countries you would have plenty of opportunity to grow.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
ag2015usa said:
pspandya said:
Hey ag2015usa, having said that, can a Canadian PR enter USA as many times as needed, if he holds B1 multiple entry visa for US? This is actually my case... Or is it always good to apply for NAFTA once I land in Canada? As my work in canada may require many visits nd extended stays in the USA... What's the NAFTA procedure if u can guide
Thanks a lot for ur gym!!!
http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/doing-business-in-america/tn-visas-professionals-under-nafta.html
The visa category "Professionals Under the North American Free Trade Agreement" (also known as a TN Visa) is available only to citizens of Canada and Mexico, under the terms of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA).

Scottygirl

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2015
Doc's Request.
23-12-2015
AOR Received.
14-12-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront (passed Dec 15 2015)
Passport Req..
05-05-2016 (sent 06-05-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2016
LANDED..........
15-07-2016
It's very much a personal choice. We moved from the UK to Canada almost 4 years ago and don't think we'll ever move back. The range of affordable activities for our boys is far greater than back home, my husband has more job opportunities than back home that cover the whole of North America and his salary is higher than it would have been in the UK - even with the exchange rate.

Yes the winters are harsh (we live in Southern Ontario) but the summers are far warmer and longer than the UK and we spend more time outside than we ever did. We experience proper seasons which is lovely - although it very much depends where you settle as I know BC has similar weather to the UK.

The negatives are we need to pay for things like prescriptions and eye tests but my husbands company insurance covers these anyway. We will also need to pay for our boys college tuition (something we wouldn't have to do if we lived back home - though this only applies to Scotland) but we are setting up RESP's to cover this. We are also far from our families but a flight is only 7 hours and we are lucky that we can afford to fly back regularly.

Despite these negatives, I still don't think we will move back home.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Scottygirl said:
It's very much a personal choice. We moved from the UK to Canada almost 4 years ago and don't think we'll ever move back. The range of affordable activities for our boys is far greater than back home, my husband has more job opportunities than back home that cover the whole of North America and his salary is higher than it would have been in the UK - even with the exchange rate.

Yes the winters are harsh (we live in Southern Ontario) but the summers are far warmer and longer than the UK and we spend more time outside than we ever did. We experience proper seasons which is lovely - although it very much depends where you settle as I know BC has similar weather to the UK.

The negatives are we need to pay for things like prescriptions and eye tests but my husbands company insurance covers these anyway. We will also need to pay for our boys college tuition (something we wouldn't have to do if we lived back home - though this only applies to Scotland) but we are setting up RESP's to cover this. We are also far from our families but a flight is only 7 hours and we are lucky that we can afford to fly back regularly.

Despite these negatives, I still don't think we will move back home.

Thanks all I'm thinking to give up the Canada PR . You are right it's a personal preference .. Since I'm Indian

1. I always want to stay near to my home country which is 7 hrs from uk to india Hyderabad
2. Since I've few personal stuff I need to go back home I feel UK is right place ...
3. Savings would be less if staying in London but outside London I think we get same life style.i was staying in Edmonton apartments are more or less same rent when compare to rents in outside London.
4 food is definetly cheap in uk.
5. U.K. Travelling is expensive but edmonton I used to pay 89 CAD per month.
6. Weather is quiet good in uk when compare to alberta edmonton .
7. Market every is same I think UK also in recession.
8. Medical I observed both are same except dental and eye.
9. Kids school what I heard is its free till 10 th standard.
10. Even life style is damn good in Canada and Canadians are awesome compare to Brits.

Since I stay 2 and half years in Canada and stayed away from UK ... I achieved Canada PR but problem is I was staying away from UK more than 450 days with in 5 yr period to get my naturalization so I need to stay here 5 more yrs to get passport and same in Canada I need to stay 4 yrs to get Canada passport.

Now I have seen 3 different work environments Asia - india , Europe - uk and America - Canada .. That's enough for my life ....

Taking naturalization it's all depend on fate... If at all I surrender my Canada PR ... AFTER I GET MY British passport can I claim it back as I can come back to Canada for 6 Months visit as a British citizen and if I request CIC will they re issue? . Don't know how that process works or I think again I need to start from work permit phase . Still I like Canadians and work culture.

Does any one have idea...

pspandya

Star Member
Jul 1, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-08-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
zardoz said:
http://canada.usembassy.gov/visas/doing-business-in-america/tn-visas-professionals-under-nafta.html
Hi Zardoz... I am going through the details... Though, as I read only allowed for citizens... Is it not (TN) applicable to PRs ryt? In that case, Can one commute frequently from US AND CANADA? With canada PR and US B1B2 visa?

Thanks a lot