+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Vs Australian PR - Better?

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
I am in the same situation like yours except that I have invitation from NSW (190 subclass). OINP, I am waiting for nomination. But, I think I will go with Canada.
Thanks for sharing your situation and decision. Do you also wanna share the reasons for your decision to go to Canada instead, it may just help me. I can also see that you scored 451 (by the way is score is high) and you created your profile in October, 2015, I am aware cut off marks for ITA have gone as low as 450 between when you created your profile and now so I am wondering why you haven't received an ITA directly, any in particular reason?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
wisak said:
Thanks for sharing your situation and decision. Do you also wanna share the reasons for your decision to go to Canada instead, it may just help me. I can also see that you scored 451 (by the way is score is high) and you created your profile in October, 2015, I am aware cut off marks for ITA have gone as low as 450 between when you created your profile and now so I am wondering why you haven't received an ITA directly, any in particular reason?
I visited Australia in 2011 and fell in love with the country :), and then I started the process in 2013 (I have 75 points), but never got an invite for almost 3 years (as the occupation was either limited/closed or was not listed in SOL). So I started Canada process 6 months back and by the time I created my account, the score never came down to 451 (it had come down only once or twice but it was before I created the account). So when I got OINP PT, I went ahead and now that I have relatives there and found the process to be less tedious and less expensive as well, I thought of pursuing Canada. I got Australia invite only last month; it is quite expensive (AUD 5400 for two applicants). So now I have made up my mind and am living my Canada dream :)

jc94

Mar 14, 2016
Have you visited both countries? I wanted to move to Canada when I first visited, something I've not really felt in any other country I've been to before or since (including Australia).
I'd like to visit NZ for a few years... but not live there permanently.

But it's personal preference really ;) You really need to experience both for a few weeks if possible in my opinion. I'm sure there are many people (probably mainly on an Australia forum ;)) who would prefer Australia.
I imagine the weather plays a part 8)

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Stanlee said:
I visited Australia in 2011 and fell in love with the country :), and then I started the process in 2013 (I have 75 points), but never got an invite for almost 3 years (as the occupation was either limited/closed or was not listed in SOL). So I started Canada process 6 months back and by the time I created my account, the score never came down to 451 (it had come down only once or twice but it was before I created the account). So when I got OINP PT, I went ahead and now that I have relatives there and found the process to be less tedious and less expensive as well, I thought of pursuing Canada. I got Australia invite only last month; it is quite expensive (AUD 5400 for two applicants). So now I have made up my mind and am living my Canada dream :)
Thank you so much for sharing, I really appreciate this!

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wisak said:
I have been invited to apply for Australia 189 Subclass but I am also in the EE pool with an PT interest from OINP, waiting to get a nomination from Ontario. I have 60 days to accept the invitation from Australia or forfeit the slot and I hear it currently takes over 100days to AOR from OINP and about another 90days to get a nomination. I really don't know what to do at the stage. I feel I shouldn't loose Australia that I already have an ITA because of Canada that is still not very certain at this stage. I have included 1,500CAD application fee for OINP and the visa fees for Australia is about 7,500AUD. Trust me, I have spent all of money to get to these stages in both process. I fear that I may get Canada after paying the 7,500AUD fee to Australia; even though I would normally prefer Canada, I am still not sure at this stage how the whole process would go. Does anyone have any advise?
OINP is not sending new invites these days & instead clearing backlogs, so hopefully you will get nomination earlier now. Good luck!

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
OINP is not sending new invites these days & instead clearing backlogs, so hopefully you will get nomination earlier now. Good luck!
I'm hopeful :eek:

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
FWSAPPLICANT said:
Well,

I have been in the same dilemma :)

CANADA
---------
Canada has a very severe weather, although in Canada you can enjoy different seasons like spring, autumn, summers and winters. French is widely spoken as second language.
Canada’s economy does not depends upon any specific region; it is part of global economy. Like today falling oil prices and a slowdown in global economy has affected Canadian economy negatively. Canada has huge Oil reserves.
Getting a Canadian passport will enable you to enter in US job market, where there are many job opportunities for IT professionals. Canada is a true welfare state, with better education system and the Canadian society has natural acceptability towards immigrants, although racism exist but it’s not that much prevailed. The landscape is very diverse and population is scattered. Cost of living is cheaper then Australia. Infrastructure is good then Australia, accessibility is easy to different places.

AUSTRALIA
---------------
Australia is known for its racism, especially those who have brown skin. There is no concept of customer care. Australia does not have natural tendency towards immigrants.
Mining and commodities are the backbone of Australian economy. The major importer of commodities from Australia is China. A slowdown in China’s economy means a slowdown in Australia, like we can see today.
Australia is also a true welfare state and has amazing weather. Population is mostly scattered on coastal areas. Travelling from Australia is expensive due to its location.

Australia is more and more better

Don't have any idea about Australia
Just writing not true information

Piyushp22

Sep 22, 2015
softwaretesting said:
Hi,

I have also created my EE profile in Sep 2015 but my score is way less than 400. I am at 355 (NOC 2173), I think because of my 30+ age. I am a telecom professional with 13 years of experience..scored well in IELTS as well but seems younger candidates and people with Canadian experience have more chances of scoring high.

Anyways, because of less score I started looking for PNP options in Canada and found couple of good provinces.. so these days I am trying to send my applications to selected provinces.

I also started researching on Auz PR and found it more favorable for IT community. PR process might be difficult but having job in Auz seems easier than Canada. I've got few links in Canada and I also tried my level best but getting job in Canada from outland is almost impossible.

I am looking for someone who can help me in Auz PR process and documentation. Any help related to that would be highly appreciated. I have spent too much already on agents and job search in Canada.

Cheers!!

chopsumbongw

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey All,

I have been in the EE pool since June last year with 441 points and currently waiting on OINP for a nomination.
I applied to Australia with 65 points just 2 weeks ago but as slots for ICT have almost reached the ceiling I may have to wait for a few months.

I would like to add that the credential evaluation for Australia which was Australian Computer Society (ACS) in my case gave me a positive report in 7 days.
So its definitely not a long wait. I've spoken to many people who have gone from credential evaluation to grant in 3 months flat.

Good Luck to everyone here.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chopsumbongw said:
Hey All,

I have been in the EE pool since June last year with 441 points and currently waiting on OINP for a nomination.
I applied to Australia with 65 points just 2 weeks ago but as slots for ICT have almost reached the ceiling I may have to wait for a few months.

I would like to add that the credential evaluation for Australia which was Australian Computer Society (ACS) in my case gave me a positive report in 7 days.
So its definitely not a long wait. I've spoken to many people who have gone from credential evaluation to grant in 3 months flat.

Good Luck to everyone here.
Your CRS is quite high so you should get a PT interest from OINP as soon as they start sending out PTs again. Goodluck!

chopsumbongw

Aug 31, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wisak said:
Your CRS is quite high so you should get a PT interest from OINP as soon as they start sending out PTs again. Goodluck!
Hi,

I did receive a PT and submitted my application around 5th of October but it was returned on 14th of December (Job Validation Code Mismatch) I corrected the error and resent it and it was received on 17th December.
Since then nothing and its been nearly 3 and a half months. My DD will expire at the end of this month so I wont be surprised if they just return my application again ;)

EE lacks transparency in they they always state that the points will go down and EE will be the only source of immigrants. Fast forward a year to today and 450 hasn't been breached.

Anyway stay positive.

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chopsumbongw said:
Hi,

I did receive a PT and submitted my application around 5th of October but it was returned on 14th of December (Job Validation Code Mismatch) I corrected the error and resent it and it was received on 17th December.
Since then nothing and its been nearly 3 and a half months. My DD will expire at the end of this month so I wont be surprised if they just return my application again ;)

EE lacks transparency in they they always state that the points will go down and EE will be the only source of immigrants. Fast forward a year to today and 450 hasn't been breached.

Anyway stay positive.
I'm sorry to hear about the return of your application and that you had to resend again. From my calculations, you should have received an AOR by now but there are exceptions to the timing and you just have to stay positive till you hear from them (I believe very soon). Did you return the same DD you had used initially? Perhaps, you would have got a new DD with 6months validity. Anyways, lets stay positive and wait to hear the good news soon.

dsr

Jul 9, 2016
London, UK
Category........
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-11-2016
Nomination.....
19-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2017
I can't speak about Canada but I can assure you Australia is great.
Wages are way higher than Canada.
Weather is good as you mentioned.
Infrastructure is good, its immigrant friendly.

The only thing I would say about Australia is that just very aloof from the rest of the world. This point, many wouldn't even consider.
salaries are higher in Australia but so are expenses. PR process is painful and unfriendly. They deduct 2 years of experience even for someone who has bachelors degree in IT/Computers! For non IT guys who are working in IT industry (like me), they deduct 4-6 years and makes almost impossible to get PR unless we score 8 in each section!! Although lots of promises have been made, but IT sector has not really ever took off in Australia. Scene is little better in Toronto.

Get Canada PR, apply for USA B2 visitor visa and travel everywhere in USA (miami, orlando, new york, vegas, west cost and what not!!) in very cheap flights as they are very close. You will miss that in Australia.