+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Vs Australian PR - Better?

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dexmoody said:
Okay, maybe that's changed then. Was different a few years ago, I thought, but I could be wrong on that too. Anyone interested should obviously review the rules very carefully. Not everyone wants to be stuck in Canberra or Tassie for a few years ;)
If one is nominated by a state then one needs to reside in that state for the first two years.

ddlykitten

Oct 3, 2015
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Such things create wrong impressions in people's mind, that's all I am saying.

No, I am trying for Canada. I have lived here long enough so I guess its time to move on. Let's see what happens.
Been living in Canada, OZ, and the US, I can't say OZ doesn't have racism in general. It's not wrong impressions because you haven't had experienced. Everyone has different views and opinions about racism so in my view you are a lucky person.

To OP, if you plan to move to the US (eg. Silicon Valley) ultimately, Canada should be your choice as you can have benefit from NAFTA if you become a Canadian citizen.

Yoda24

Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Hi,

Which country is better to live with PR for IT professional from India? Some of the parameters which I can think of for comparison are:
- job opportunities - both are not in very good shape currently because of oil prices, however what about future, say 2-3 years later Both countries have healthy job market and IT jobs are in demand.
- Salaries The per hr. rate in Oz is on the higher side than Canada, but the cost of living is less in Canada compared to Oz.
- flight duration from India It depends on where you live in both these country, e.g. living in Perth will take you 3 -4 Hrs. less, if you lived in Victoria or Tasi.
- PR process expense - $1500 for OINP included In my opinion, Oz is more expensive than Canada
- ease of getting PR - Canada will take almost a year including OINP process & need ECA, health check, etc Getting PR with ease? That's bold question lol.
- weather - I think Australia will be better on this front If you are coming from tropics, you will like Oz weather. If you like Snow, go to Canada.
- study for kids - Canada better?Both are at par
- ease of visa for parents - Canada has supervisas of 5 years Don't know about this...

I know it is not best forum to ask this question as information on Australia will be less, however there could be individuals who might have compared both options.
Apart from this, you need to look at what support you will get in Oz or Canada, like Health care of you and your family, tax benefits, Insurance cost, cost of travel, cost of food, cost of housing when you rent and when you purchase the house, cost of white goods, etc..

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jairichi said:
If one is nominated by a state then one needs to reside in that state for the first two years.
Exactly! That's what I remembered. Thanks for confirming!

AmairaaNonuSonu

Star Member
Jan 14, 2016
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Outland FSW
AOR Received.
01-10-2015
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
07-10-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
01-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2016
As per ease of Process:

We first tried for AUS .. waited 2 years post getting EOI (ratifying the skill n profession) from them , .. unfortunately, they changed their system to Online which seemed more like lottery cos every time after 2/3 months when NSW would open their portal, it was First come to login n their servers crashed all the time.. by the time this got sorted , our profession stopped getting listed in their lists... it was very frustrating but well This is Life!!

Now have applied EE canada, found their system less complicated and very user friendly.. Now its wait n watch

For AUS: hired a consultant

For CAN : did it ourselves

Hope this helps!!

dollcie

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2015
AOR Received.
16-09-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
16-03-2016
Mallikaasharmaa said:
Such things create wrong impressions in people's mind, that's all I am saying.

No, I am trying for Canada. I have lived here long enough so I guess its time to move on. Let's see what happens.
Well its a personal opinion.. I encountered racism during my stay in Australia (its a lovely country..). As a marketing graduate.. recruiters told me that companies prefer white skin for marketing.. well dont know the present scenario.. this was way back in 2009..

Mallikaasharmaa

Feb 13, 2016
Passport Req..
28-02-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2017
dollcie said:
Well its a personal opinion.. I encountered racism during my stay in Australia (its a lovely country..). As a marketing graduate.. recruiters told me that companies prefer white skin for marketing.. well dont know the present scenario.. this was way back in 2009..
It is very sad if people have told you so.

Look my opinion came from the fact that on personal level people do believe in stereotypes and all, doesn't matter what nationalities they are but when it affects there actions there is a problem.
I never had any problem in getting recruited anywhere. First two years, yes I was unemployed for a long time. But once I had gained some skills, some education I did fine. Good pay, good conditions no problems in working within a team which is all Australian.
My brothers who have been 10+ have said just the same over and over again. In my close circle
of immigrant friends no one has ever encountered any racism and everyone appreciates the country for what it is.

But I guess it is a personal experience at the end of the day..

Rishima86

Sep 14, 2015
hi everyone,

I am really happy to share that I have got PR for both Canada and Australia and will now start looking for jobs.

Anyone in this forum have any idea about job opportunities in analytical department in both these places? I am applying as a data consultant/scientist and I guess will base my decision on the job opportunities since both these countries are amazing to live in.

Dexmoody

Aug 12, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rishima86 said:
hi everyone,

I am really happy to share that I have got PR for both Canada and Australia and will now start looking for jobs.

Anyone in this forum have any idea about job opportunities in analytical department in both these places? I am applying as a data consultant/scientist and I guess will base my decision on the job opportunities since both these countries are amazing to live in.
Congratulations - a very comfortable situation to be in.

I think you need to be physically present in either country to have a chance of getting a job.

There is nothing stopping you from activating both PRs (i.e. landing in both countries), and that's what I would recommend. It allows you to change your mind later and also gives you a chance to get a feeling for the country before you make a decision where you want to settle.

Just make sure you get some tax advice by someone familiar with both countries to avoid double taxation issues. Once you are a tax resident of Canada, it can become quite difficult to remove that status.

There is also a great expat survey that allows you to compare countries side by side:
https://www.expatexplorer.hsbc.com/survey/

pziegler1986

Star Member
Jan 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm an Australian citizen and have lived in Canada for the past three years (became a PR in December 2015) so I'm pretty qualified to give you a run down about both.

Both countries are extremely similar but where Canada has a big advantage over Australia is greater distribution of population outside of major cities. Example, outside of Toronto, you have major economic hubs such as Waterloo/Kitchener (Blackberry, Manulife, Sunlife, other start ups in IT); Cambridge (PepsiCo, ComDev, OpenText) and where I personally reside, Guelph (Linemar plus a host of medium sized firms). There is great opportunity for immigrants to move to these regional centres and really set your life up, especially if you have skills in Finance, IT and Engineering.

Whereas in Australia, everyone from business to individuals want to reside in the capital cities, especially Melbourne and Sydney and have created somewhat super cities which have put huge pressure on housing costs. House prices in Sydney are ludicrous and Melbourne is becoming worse and worse. The regional towns have nowhere near the economies of their Canadian equivalents which means people with talent are forced to stay in the big cities.

I'm currently back in Melbourne visiting my family, I did a very quick calculation comparing wages and fixed costs (rent, groceries, motor vehicle etc), I would have to earn $40K+ more in Melbourne to live the same quality of life in Guelph, Ontario.

Reactions: varunchauhan

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Very good insights!

FWSAPPLICANT

Star Member
Sep 24, 2014
pziegler1986 said:
I'm an Australian citizen and have lived in Canada for the past three years (became a PR in December 2015) so I'm pretty qualified to give you a run down about both.

Both countries are extremely similar but where Canada has a big advantage over Australia is greater distribution of population outside of major cities. Example, outside of Toronto, you have major economic hubs such as Waterloo/Kitchener (Blackberry, Manulife, Sunlife, other start ups in IT); Cambridge (PepsiCo, ComDev, OpenText) and where I personally reside, Guelph (Linemar plus a host of medium sized firms). There is great opportunity for immigrants to move to these regional centres and really set your life up, especially if you have skills in Finance, IT and Engineering.

Whereas in Australia, everyone from business to individuals want to reside in the capital cities, especially Melbourne and Sydney and have created somewhat super cities which have put huge pressure on housing costs. House prices in Sydney are ludicrous and Melbourne is becoming worse and worse. The regional towns have nowhere near the economies of their Canadian equivalents which means people with talent are forced to stay in the big cities.

I'm currently back in Melbourne visiting my family, I did a very quick calculation comparing wages and fixed costs (rent, groceries, motor vehicle etc), I would have to earn $40K+ more in Melbourne to live the same quality of life in Guelph, Ontario.
Great analysis

wisak

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have been invited to apply for Australia 189 Subclass but I am also in the EE pool with an PT interest from OINP, waiting to get a nomination from Ontario. I have 60 days to accept the invitation from Australia or forfeit the slot and I hear it currently takes over 100days to AOR from OINP and about another 90days to get a nomination. I really don't know what to do at the stage. I feel I shouldn't loose Australia that I already have an ITA because of Canada that is still not very certain at this stage. I have included 1,500CAD application fee for OINP and the visa fees for Australia is about 7,500AUD. Trust me, I have spent all of money to get to these stages in both process. I fear that I may get Canada after paying the 7,500AUD fee to Australia; even though I would normally prefer Canada, I am still not sure at this stage how the whole process would go. Does anyone have any advise?

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
wisak said:
I have been invited to apply for Australia 189 Subclass but I am also in the EE pool with an PT interest from OINP, waiting to get a nomination from Ontario. I have 60 days to accept the invitation from Australia or forfeit the slot and I hear it currently takes over 100days to AOR from OINP and about another 90days to get a nomination. I really don't know what to do at the stage. I feel I shouldn't loose Australia that I already have an ITA because of Canada that is still not very certain at this stage. I have included 1,500CAD application fee for OINP and the visa fees for Australia is about 7,500AUD. Trust me, I have spent all of money to get to these stages in both process. I fear that I may get Canada after paying the 7,500AUD fee to Australia; even though I would normally prefer Canada, I am still not sure at this stage how the whole process would go. Does anyone have any advise?
I am in the same situation like yours except that I have invitation from NSW (190 subclass). OINP, I am waiting for nomination. But, I think I will go with Canada.