+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR proof of funds - 6 months average

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hello everyone,I just received ITA and im trying to sort out my PoF.i intend using a fixed deposit certificate that would be created this month, and not 6months ago,as my PoF.
My question is,do I need to also prepare a gift deed alongside the FD so as to explain the source of the money in the fixed deposit account?
Would you be getting the FD in your name? If yes, no need for gift deed. They require liquid funds. FD is liquid fund and if you encash it, it'll be credited into your account.

You can make a fixed deposit 24hrs before ITA. It's acceptable.

Mr_fabrizio

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Would you be getting the FD in your name? If yes, no need for gift deed. They require liquid funds. FD is liquid fund and if you encash it, it'll be credited into your account.

You can make a fixed deposit 24hrs before ITA. It's acceptable.
Thanks for your explanation.Yes the FD would be in my name.
So are u saying I can create my FD anytime and show it as my PoF?

Nayanmoni

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
India
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CIO Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-08-2018
Doc's Request.
03-04-2019
Nomination.....
11-07-2019
AOR Received.
03-09-2019
Med's Done....
19-09-2019
Passport Req..
31-01-2020
VISA ISSUED...
03-02-2020
Hello people,

I am confused at a point and i need your help.

i have taken some amount from my parents and it had been transferred account to account via bank and cash deposits in 10 smaller amount transactions.

The gift deed format asks for Cheque No.
Is it mandatory to get the amount via cheque?

Please reply soon.
Thanks in advance.

BarryO

Jun 18, 2019
I would like to know if the money given as a gift by parents need to have 6 months bank statement? or they can just give gift deed in my name after ITA?

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hello people,

I am confused at a point and i need your help.

i have taken some amount from my parents and it had been transferred account to account via bank and cash deposits in 10 smaller amount transactions.

The gift deed format asks for Cheque No.
Is it mandatory to get the amount via cheque?

Please reply soon.
Thanks in advance.
Put the reference number in place of the cheque numbers on the gift deed with dates of transfer.

Reactions: Nayanmoni

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
I would like to know if the money given as a gift by parents need to have 6 months bank statement? or they can just give gift deed in my name after ITA?
Any money given by your parents have to be a gift deed and nothing else.

BarryO

Jun 18, 2019
Any money given by your parents have to be a gift deed and nothing else.
Thanks for the reply. Does that Gift money need to be in a bank for 6 months? I'm referring to that requirement of having money in the bank for an average of 6 months. Is that applicable here?

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Thanks for the reply. Does that Gift money need to be in a bank for 6 months? I'm referring to that requirement of having money in the bank for an average of 6 months. Is that applicable here?
No. It can be attained 24hrs before ITA

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Hey guys,, just needed some quick help with these 2!
1. I work in a family business and my salary is transferred every 2-3 months together to my account (this is just to make sure its saved for immigration and not used). Will this be a problem to prove or be an issue? I have the exp letter with all information as well as taxes paid accordingly.

2. I have done 2 external projects for which i received payments of CAD 2000 and CAD 3000 in March 2019 and April 2019 respectively. This work experience has nothing to do with my main work and is freelanced on the side. Both of these will be appear in the bank statements I will submit for POF and they both contribute to help me meet my minimum funds criteria. I will be mentioning them in the personal history section. But since both of them contribute significantly to my canada fund what documents will I need to support this?

Any help will be appreciated with a cold brew in Canada next year!

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hey guys,, just needed some quick help with these 2!
1. I work in a family business and my salary is transferred every 2-3 months together to my account (this is just to make sure its saved for immigration and not used). Will this be a problem to prove or be an issue? I have the exp letter with all information as well as taxes paid accordingly.

2. I have done 2 external projects for which i received payments of CAD 2000 and CAD 3000 in March 2019 and April 2019 respectively. This work experience has nothing to do with my main work and is freelanced on the side. Both of these will be appear in the bank statements I will submit for POF and they both contribute to help me meet my minimum funds criteria. I will be mentioning them in the personal history section. But since both of them contribute significantly to my canada fund what documents will I need to support this?

Any help will be appreciated with a cold brew in Canada next year!
No issues with point number one as you will be providing the tax stubs.

Regarding the point number two, show the receipt of CAD2000 and 3000 which was received by you against the services rendered, you'll be sorted.

Note, they do not want the source, they want the proof to see if you have sufficient funds to survive in Canada for next 6months, provided you don't get a job.

And the funds should be unencumbered.

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
No issues with point number one as you will be providing the tax stubs.

Regarding the point number two, show the receipt of CAD2000 and 3000 which was received by you against the services rendered, you'll be sorted.

Note, they do not want the source, they want the proof to see if you have sufficient funds to survive in Canada for next 6months, provided you don't get a job.

And the funds should be unencumbered.
Thanks a lot for your reply bud!

So should I get a reference letter from the client with the details of the work done and the transaction details including cheque/ transaction number?

Also, how deep would they go into verifying this? Both the clients are my good friends and will proivde whatever is necessary

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Thanks a lot for your reply bud!

So should I get a reference letter from the client with the details of the work done and the transaction details including cheque/ transaction number?

Also, how deep would they go into verifying this? Both the clients are my good friends and will proivde whatever is necessary
Ofcourse, all the docs which proves your employment for 3 yrs as you've claimed points for it.

Well they verify, if the docs are fake. If it's not fake, you need not worry. Provide what they have asked for specifically. Meet the parameters of the checklist and you're done.

Guneet95

May 31, 2018
Yes of course, I will be providing them the proper docs for the main 3 years work experience I am getting points for.

I will be placing the freelance experience in personal history. My question is when they see the 2 month income spike in my account due to the freelance income they will probably ask me for docs to prove. So do I submit the freelance reference letter with the main work experience docs (even though the work exp is in the personal history section) or do I give an explanation in the LOE alone about the spike in income.