+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR proof of funds - 6 months average

Owen Takudzwa

Jun 20, 2019
the reason they want to see your average balance for 6 months is to see your source of funds for the balance you're showing. as long as there is no sudden or abnormal influx of money you will be fine. but if you're planning on producing a gift deed to justify the source of those funds you will be fine and the 6 months balance wont matter.
Good afternoon. Please advise, is there anything wrong with providing an offshore account held with a bank in a country that I neither reside in nor work in as proof of funds?

chukeedon1

Jun 26, 2019
I have just an equivalent of CAD 2000 in my UK account and have had roughly a minimum of this amount for 6 months. I intend to do a deed of gift from my parents this month and my ITA expires on 26 Aug. Is it advisable doing the deed? Is Canada immigration favourable to Deed of gift.

Also when they say an average of 6 months, do they mean the required amount must be in the account for everyday of the 6 months or as a closing balance. Urgent reply please

Chirag CFA

Jun 10, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2019
AOR Received.
08-06-2019
Why don't you proactively justify large credit transaction in LOE for source of fund along with copy of shares statement. That will save time in case CIC has question. Otherwise also, application won't get rejected if CIC wants to know the source. They will ask for more info on the source.
I have already made my application for PR. My AOR date is 08.06.2019. Is it possible to submit LOE after AOR ??

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
I have already made my application for PR. My AOR date is 08.06.2019. Is it possible to submit LOE after AOR ??
You can vis CSE, but I would recommend that do not submit anything else now. After around 2.5 month post submission, request for GCMS notes on your application. Hope by that time case analyst would have reviewed your application and would have provided comments on POF. If it marked as review required due to fund source, you can submit a CSE with letter of explanation.

Chirag CFA

Jun 10, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-06-2019
AOR Received.
08-06-2019
You can vis CSE, but I would recommend that do not submit anything else now. After around 2.5 month post submission, request for GCMS notes on your application. Hope by that time case analyst would have reviewed your application and would have provided comments on POF. If it marked as review required due to fund source, you can submit a CSE with letter of explanation.
Okay. Thanks a lot @deeps1987

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
can we show pf balance as one of our funds?
Some people in this forum have claimed that they have shown PF fund as POF and got PR. You can search.You must get same letter with the info CIC needs and declaration that fund from PF would be accessible to you when you need it.

Mr_fabrizio

Star Member
Oct 18, 2018
Hello everyone,I just received ITA and im trying to sort out my PoF.i intend using a fixed deposit certificate that would be created this month, and not 6months ago,as my PoF.
My question is,do I need to also prepare a gift deed alongside the FD so as to explain the source of the money in the fixed deposit account?

Owen Takudzwa

Jun 20, 2019
Hello everyone,I just received ITA and im trying to sort out my PoF.i intend using a fixed deposit certificate that would be created this month, and not 6months ago,as my PoF.
My question is,do I need to also prepare a gift deed alongside the FD so as to explain the source of the money in the fixed deposit account?
From the responses I have been getting, if the money is not originating in any of your accounts then you will need to provide a gift deed.

Nov 18, 2017
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
2148 or 0124
Guyz i have a question here. Although ive been following the process from quite some time and am of the idea but want to reconfirm. Specially from the ones those have already been in similar case.

If my father wants to support me by gift deed then do i need to show 6 months average? Or am I bound to keep that deed amount in my account for 6 months and then show the average balance?

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Guyz i have a question here. Although ive been following the process from quite some time and am of the idea but want to reconfirm. Specially from the ones those have already been in similar case.

If my father wants to support me by gift deed then do i need to show 6 months average? Or am I bound to keep that deed amount in my account for 6 months and then show the average balance?
No need to keep it for 6 months if you are providing gift deed.

AliZeus

May 3, 2019
Hello everyone,
A quick question: For how long a proof of fund is valid? I couldn't find any expiration date for that. For instance, can I use a proof obtained a couple months ago for PR application? Thanks.

deeps1987

Jun 2, 2018
Hello everyone,
A quick question: For how long a proof of fund is valid? I couldn't find any expiration date for that. For instance, can I use a proof obtained a couple months ago for PR application? Thanks.
It is better to get is as close as to PR submission. If you submit proof which is 2 months old, case officer can ask to provide latest POF letter after submission but it will be case officer's discretion.

In my case, I provide letter for 3 accounts as POF, out of which oldest one was 26 days old. They didn't ask for another POF letter. So probably a month may be fine, but difficult to say how they might see 2 months old statement.

Reactions: AliZeus

crs2019

Jun 26, 2019
Hello everyone, I have applied for pr and I am currently in US with my husband as a dependent. I am not working for last 2 years. For proof of fund I have the letter from one of the banks where I am holding a savings account. This account has more than the required amount asked for the pr. I have the following questions -
- I have account in another bank from where I am not getting response for emails for proof of funds. Since I am in US now I cannot personally visit the branch. I don’t have any loan or credit cards on my name. Is it really required for me to get letter from the bank when I already have letter from the other bank with sufficient amount? I have seen people talking about declaring all accounts.

- I have transferred money from my own other account to the account for which I have proof of funds. Just the bank statement for both the accounts would be sufficient to prove that?

- My husband who is accompanying me has transferred some amount to my account as well, do I need any gift deed or any other kind of certificate for that?

It will be really helpful to get some response for these questions.

Aady07

Jul 16, 2019
Hello everyone, I have applied for pr and I am currently in US with my husband as a dependent. I am not working for last 2 years. For proof of fund I have the letter from one of the banks where I am holding a savings account. This account has more than the required amount asked for the pr. I have the following questions -
- I have account in another bank from where I am not getting response for emails for proof of funds. Since I am in US now I cannot personally visit the branch. I don’t have any loan or credit cards on my name. Is it really required for me to get letter from the bank when I already have letter from the other bank with sufficient amount? I have seen people talking about declaring all accounts.

- I have transferred money from my own other account to the account for which I have proof of funds. Just the bank statement for both the accounts would be sufficient to prove that?

- My husband who is accompanying me has transferred some amount to my account as well, do I need any gift deed or any other kind of certificate for that?

It will be really helpful to get some response for these questions.
If you do not have any debts in that account, it's not required.

Yes take a bank statement from your spouse and highlight the transaction details with a letter of intent from your spouse stating that you had the right on the funds which were transferred into your account.