+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada PR Application - Accompanying Spouse

vm87

Mar 26, 2017
I am and Indian citizen currently based out of the US and am applying for my Canada PR application under Express entry program. I am married to a Canadian PR (Indian citizen) and we both currently reside in the US. I am applying for my independent PR application and not through the spousal program. While filling my application I came across a question which asked me if my spouse will accompany me? I wanted to understand the pros and cons of filling yes or no to this answer as at this juncture we are not sure if we will travel together due to job committment. If I answer yes to the question, will our application be jointly filed? Will my husband have to submit all the documentation again and undergo the process again?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I am and Indian citizen currently based out of the US and am applying for my Canada PR application under Express entry program. I am married to a Canadian PR (Indian citizen) and we both currently reside in the US. I am applying for my independent PR application and not through the spousal program. While filling my application I came across a question which asked me if my spouse will accompany me? I wanted to understand the pros and cons of filling yes or no to this answer as at this juncture we are not sure if we will travel together due to job committment. If I answer yes to the question, will our application be jointly filed? Will my husband have to submit all the documentation again and undergo the process again?
Only you are applying for PR, therefore, for immigration purposes, your spouse is not included in the application and is not accompanying.

vm87

Mar 26, 2017
Only you are applying for PR, therefore, for immigration purposes, your spouse is not included in the application and is not accompanying.
Are there any additional points for accompanying spouse? Would be grateful if you could help.

Reactions: Rukky_muhd