+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada High Commission, UK

Feb 24, 2017
I applied for mine in the UK Feb 1st. I have had the same response as you. Really not sure what active review is...can't be that active or we would have heard back by now!
Sorry to hear you are still waiting, me too.

I firmly believe their UK office is one of the slowest in the world, at one point their processing time was longer than Nigeria's and Pakistan's... doesnt matter if you are UK born citizens or foreign nationals applying, expect a painfully long wait.

I wonder what kind of people are working in this office..

Reactions: SamC10

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019

I firmly believe their UK office is one of the slowest in the world, at one point their processing time was longer than Nigeria's and Pakistan's... doesnt matter if you are UK born citizens or foreign nationals applying, expect a painfully long wait.

Be an easier wait if you knew what to expect. All processing times you get refered to are well below what I have waited. Awful!

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
I applied for mine in the UK Feb 1st. I have had the same response as you. Really not sure what active review is...can't be that active or we would have heard back by now!

when did you apply ?

Miranda98

May 29, 2019
Hi I applied on 20th March still waiting no update. I emailed them on 26th April they replied on 10th May they replied as follows

“We write in reply to your enquiry dated 26th April 2019.
Please note that your application for a study permit to Canada is currently under active review.
Every effort is being made to complete processing as quickly as possible.
You will be notified once a decision has been reached
We trust this information is of assistance to you.”

I missed May intake already, I had to defer my admission from May to September. On an average they are taking 9-10 week for non-uk passport. My friend got his visa in 9 weeks last year in December. Hope this info helps you.
Thank you very much for the information! It seems that I have to defer my offer as well:(... I wrote to them on 17/05/19, they replied the following:

"As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable."

Maybe we are the unlucky "20%":(

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
Thank you very much for the information! It seems that I have to defer my offer as well:(... I wrote to them on 17/05/19, they replied the following:

"As indicated on our website, the processing times provided are based on how long it took to process 80% of all applications during that time period and are subject to change. As these processing times refer to 80% of applications, some applications will fall outside of these timeframes. In addition, as they are an average, there will be some fluctuations in processing times at peak periods during the course of the year.

That being said, please be assured that your application has been received and is currently in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible. As soon as processing is completed we will contact you.

If you are no longer interested in visiting Canada, please inform our office in writing that you wish to withdraw your application. As processing of your application has already commenced, a processing fee refund would not be applicable."

Maybe we are the unlucky "20%":(
Hi I got passport request letter today. Thanks

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018

I got passport request letter today
Thanks

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
If you withdraw your application you also wont get back the thousands of CAD$$$ you had to send to the college/university for a deposit!!

Interestingly, while I got an exact copy/paste of the first two paragraphs of your reply in my CSE replies, they never mentioned anything about withdrawing an application to me.

Miranda98

May 29, 2019
If you withdraw your application you also wont get back the thousands of CAD$$$ you had to send to the college/university for a deposit!!

Interestingly, while I got an exact copy/paste of the first two paragraphs of your reply in my CSE replies, they never mentioned anything about withdrawing an application to me.
yeah that's quiet strange. I didn't mention anything about withdrawing application in my email. Hope it doesn't imply that they think my case is too urgent for them to complete on time, and they expected me to withdraw.

In the worst case, I have to defer my entry for a whole year, so that I won't lose my thousands dollars of deposit. But I didn't plan to take a gap year.

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
I don’t think so it’s works,I emailed them in April they replied after 10-15 days, said it’s in active review.
"active review" I think these are code words for "slipped file to the bottom of my in-tray"

I sent a CSE a while ago, when they reply I really better not see this:

"in active process and we are making every effort to complete processing as expeditiously as possible"

over 7 months processing is not expeditious!!!