+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada High Commission, UK

lpo

May 23, 2018
Did you guys get any update?I also applied on 6 may 2018 from london office for study permit .i did get any update till now.How much time it take ?
Thanks
I have no updates yet. I applied on March 31, 2018

zOk

May 8, 2018
this is my fifth week since i applied for study permit .why canadian embassy in london taking so much time?In their website,the processing time for london embassy for study permit is 1 week.Anybody have any idea?

Millions

Apr 18, 2018
I did contact. See the reply that I received:

Please note that your application for a study permit to Canada has been received and is currently under active review.
You will be notified via your online account once a decision has been reached.
We trust this information is of assistance to you.
Kind regards,

JLW

High Commission of Canada in the United Kingdom
Any updates on your application man?

Millions

Apr 18, 2018
Finally after 10 weeks I received update, our passport was requested.

Any updates on your application?
That’s good news...congratulations...when did you apply your file in London High Commission?
I hope to get news soon!!

Reactions: lpo

lpo

May 23, 2018
That’s good news...congratulations...when did you apply your file in London High Commission?
I hope to get news soon!!
Thanks!
I hope you have a reply very soon!
I applied on March 31, 2018 and received reply on June 14, 2018.

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
Hi guys I applied London embassy on 20th of March still no updates,I lived in Ireland that’s why I applied there. i did contact embassy they said it’s in active review. How long it’s takes normally? Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016

Miranda98

May 29, 2019
Hi everyone! I am an international student from China and now studying in UK. I submitted my online application for study permit on 06 April 2019, and still no updates for original passport request. I tried to contact high commission via email and web-form, however, no useful information replied. My postgraduate study program will begin on 17 June 2019, and I am very worried about not being able to go for my postgraduate study . The following are my application status. Any suggestion or sharing is welcome!!! Thanks a lot!!!!

Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. Help
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

dgnile3888

Aug 22, 2018
Hi I applied on 20th March still waiting no update. I emailed them on 26th April they replied on 10th May they replied as follows

“We write in reply to your enquiry dated 26th April 2019.
Please note that your application for a study permit to Canada is currently under active review.
Every effort is being made to complete processing as quickly as possible.
You will be notified once a decision has been reached
We trust this information is of assistance to you.”

I missed May intake already, I had to defer my admission from May to September. On an average they are taking 9-10 week for non-uk passport. My friend got his visa in 9 weeks last year in December. Hope this info helps you.

Reactions: Miranda98

SamC10

Star Member
Apr 28, 2019
Hi I applied on 20th March still waiting no update. I emailed them on 26th April they replied on 10th May they replied as follows

“We write in reply to your enquiry dated 26th April 2019.
Please note that your application for a study permit to Canada is currently under active review.
Every effort is being made to complete processing as quickly as possible.
You will be notified once a decision has been reached
We trust this information is of assistance to you.”

I missed May intake already, I had to defer my admission from May to September. On an average they are taking 9-10 week for non-uk passport. My friend got his visa in 9 weeks last year in December. Hope this info helps you.
I applied for mine in the UK Feb 1st. I have had the same response as you. Really not sure what active review is...can't be that active or we would have heard back by now!