+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Federal Skilled Immigration (Computer Network Technicians) NOC: 2281

RPRAKASH

Mar 26, 2015
Hi, i am a newbie trying my luck through Express Entry 2015.

Experts please guide me as i am confused between NOC 2147 and NOC 2281 which suits my job roles below( i have'nt done anything relating to hardware up gradation\installation)
Plz help me.

B.E + CCNA and ITIL v3 certified+5yrs work exp

COMPANY 3:

Technology : Checkpoint Firewall R77.10, Proxy servers –Side winder
Responsibilities:

 Utilize the Enterprise tools such as Network Service Request Management (NetSRM), HP Service Manager, SharePoint and Citrix applications.
 Manage tickets assigned to the queue by taking ownership within the stipulated Service Level Agreement.

 Follow the best practices of Network Security and ITIL framework for Incident, Problem and Change managements by providing resolution or work around.

 Attend meeting with clients in order to gather requirements on Service Work Order projects, associated problems and to advise actionable inputs.
 Configure firewall access-rules, routes, NAT rules, VPN configuration and troubleshoot issues related to firewall.

 Change process during the online day - backs up the current firewall rule set, analyze the rule set on Smart Dashboard, document the change, load the current rule set and verify.

 Responsible for peer-reviewing the changes made.

 Change process during implementation - to check the firewall health, CPU loading, traffic flow, audit logs and install firewall policies.

 Review the firewall rules and perform clean-up activities at regular intervals.

 Participate in the Incident and Change meetings.

Company 2:

Role description: Incident, Problem and Change Management for CSI of Network services, troubleshooting, monitoring 2nd level Proactive and Reactive cases. Work with Telco, Hardware vendors.

Responsibilities:
• Monitoring the major and critical alerts in standard monitoring systems (NMS, Netcool) for client`s 24*7 Network.

• Work with tools Dallas, Pittsburg and Eagan Data Center session (PEM, DEM, EEM), Voyance, Service Center, Remedy, Compass, Nerve center, Sevone, HP Open view.

• Notifying Client to invoke Incident, Problem and/or Change Management Capabilities.

• Following customer specified processes to work on incident and on problem management.

• Taking actions on the alerts within Service Level Agreements by logging Incidents and working on them as per the SOP of clients.

• Troubleshooting of alarms coming in NMS tools by direct logging in routers & switches of networks.

• Following the escalation matrix as per the process.

• Co-ordinate follow-up with vendor representatives, 3rd parties for networking infrastructure problems.

• Responsible for fail-over testing of Network, ISDN testing, and assigned tasks to check the Network reliability.

• Following-up with field techs to fix out Wide Area Network (CSU/DSU, CPE) issues on call/Bridge call.

• Taking care of Estimated Time of arrival (ETA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) for faults logged in. Providing Request for Outage (RFO) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)as per client’s requirement for Network cases encountered.

COMPANY 1

• Monitoring and creating severity tickets within the distributed Operations ticket queues for both Proactive and Reactive cases adhering to best practices of ITIL event management, incident management and problem management.

• Monitoring Routers, Switches, Firewalls, UNIX/Windows servers and other devices.

• Assessing impact to customers and other services by correlating multiple alarms with larger outages, validating alerts, troubleshooting and escalating issues to concerned support groups within stipulated SLA’s

• Utilizing the Enterprise monitoring tools Vantive, DWNG, Citrix Service Center, Tivoli Netview and Ping Tools for alarm/event monitoring, maintenance of event, outage and assistance with hardware and software patch/product updates.

• When hardware related problem occurs for the server then we raise Emergency permit to Work to replace parts that are available Onsite.

• Follow and maintain Customer SOPs to get the resolution. Working on technical bridge calls by being an active participant until the call closure.

• Following the escalation matrix and notification process to get appropriate level of focus from technical teams and management.

• Co-ordinate with Field Engineer by taking care of Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), Estimated Time to Repair (ETR) and Service Level Agreement (SLA).

Experts Please reply which NOC to apply for!

inamul70

Jul 20, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
2nd line updated on 30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
09-02-2015 -- 3rd line updated on 17-02-2015 -- RPRF encashes on 20-02-2015
Interview........
waived -- DM : 20-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015 submitted : 01-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
RPRAKASH said:
Hi, i am a newbie trying my luck through Express Entry 2015.

Experts please guide me as i am confused between NOC 2147 and NOC 2281 which suits my job roles below( i have'nt done anything relating to hardware up gradation\installation)
Plz help me.

B.E + CCNA and ITIL v3 certified+5yrs work exp

COMPANY 3:

Technology : Checkpoint Firewall R77.10, Proxy servers –Side winder
Responsibilities:

 Utilize the Enterprise tools such as Network Service Request Management (NetSRM), HP Service Manager, SharePoint and Citrix applications.
 Manage tickets assigned to the queue by taking ownership within the stipulated Service Level Agreement.

 Follow the best practices of Network Security and ITIL framework for Incident, Problem and Change managements by providing resolution or work around.

 Attend meeting with clients in order to gather requirements on Service Work Order projects, associated problems and to advise actionable inputs.
 Configure firewall access-rules, routes, NAT rules, VPN configuration and troubleshoot issues related to firewall.

 Change process during the online day - backs up the current firewall rule set, analyze the rule set on Smart Dashboard, document the change, load the current rule set and verify.

 Responsible for peer-reviewing the changes made.

 Change process during implementation - to check the firewall health, CPU loading, traffic flow, audit logs and install firewall policies.

 Review the firewall rules and perform clean-up activities at regular intervals.

 Participate in the Incident and Change meetings.

Company 2:

Role description: Incident, Problem and Change Management for CSI of Network services, troubleshooting, monitoring 2nd level Proactive and Reactive cases. Work with Telco, Hardware vendors.

Responsibilities:
• Monitoring the major and critical alerts in standard monitoring systems (NMS, Netcool) for client`s 24*7 Network.

• Work with tools Dallas, Pittsburg and Eagan Data Center session (PEM, DEM, EEM), Voyance, Service Center, Remedy, Compass, Nerve center, Sevone, HP Open view.

• Notifying Client to invoke Incident, Problem and/or Change Management Capabilities.

• Following customer specified processes to work on incident and on problem management.

• Taking actions on the alerts within Service Level Agreements by logging Incidents and working on them as per the SOP of clients.

• Troubleshooting of alarms coming in NMS tools by direct logging in routers & switches of networks.

• Following the escalation matrix as per the process.

• Co-ordinate follow-up with vendor representatives, 3rd parties for networking infrastructure problems.

• Responsible for fail-over testing of Network, ISDN testing, and assigned tasks to check the Network reliability.

• Following-up with field techs to fix out Wide Area Network (CSU/DSU, CPE) issues on call/Bridge call.

• Taking care of Estimated Time of arrival (ETA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR) and Service Level Agreement (SLA) for faults logged in. Providing Request for Outage (RFO) and Root Cause Analysis (RCA)as per client's requirement for Network cases encountered.

COMPANY 1

• Monitoring and creating severity tickets within the distributed Operations ticket queues for both Proactive and Reactive cases adhering to best practices of ITIL event management, incident management and problem management.

• Monitoring Routers, Switches, Firewalls, UNIX/Windows servers and other devices.

• Assessing impact to customers and other services by correlating multiple alarms with larger outages, validating alerts, troubleshooting and escalating issues to concerned support groups within stipulated SLA's

• Utilizing the Enterprise monitoring tools Vantive, DWNG, Citrix Service Center, Tivoli Netview and Ping Tools for alarm/event monitoring, maintenance of event, outage and assistance with hardware and software patch/product updates.

• When hardware related problem occurs for the server then we raise Emergency permit to Work to replace parts that are available Onsite.

• Follow and maintain Customer SOPs to get the resolution. Working on technical bridge calls by being an active participant until the call closure.

• Following the escalation matrix and notification process to get appropriate level of focus from technical teams and management.

• Co-ordinate with Field Engineer by taking care of Estimated Time of Arrival (ETA), Mean Time to Repair (MTTR), Estimated Time to Repair (ETR) and Service Level Agreement (SLA).

Experts Please reply which NOC to apply for!

Sorry to say but this is not the EE thread... FSW people also don't have much knowledge of Express Entry

RPRAKASH

Mar 26, 2015
:(, thank you.but the Main duties for Computer Network Technicians -NOC 2281 remains the same i guess .thats what i would like to know

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
RPRAKASH said:
:(, thank you.but the Main duties for Computer Network Technicians -NOC 2281 remains the same i guess .thats what i would like to know
Prakash

Your job duties will be a much suitable match for 2281 than 2147.

My recommendation would be to select 2281 as your NOC (although I am not familiar with the process involved in EE).

Good luck!

avineet

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER MAIL:2ND DEC 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
03-02-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
next year feb
Hi friends ,

I got my passports back with visa stamped on it.

Which place is best for 2281 where we can get jobs easily .I am planning to ladn in vancouver

inamul70

Jul 20, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
avineet said:
Hi friends ,

I got my passports back with visa stamped on it.

Which place is best for 2281 where we can get jobs easily .I am planning to ladn in vancouver
Congratulation .. for your new life which may start in vancouver shortly...

Please update SS and profile info for juniors sake..

avineet

Star Member
Apr 24, 2014
new delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2014
Nomination.....
PER MAIL:2ND DEC 2014
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
03-02-2015
Med's Request
04-02-2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2015
LANDED..........
next year feb
inamul70 said:
Congratulation .. for your new life which may start in vancouver shortly...

Please update SS and profile info for juniors sake..

I have updated my profile .Howver I donot know how to update spreadsheet .

inamul70

Jul 20, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
we can open a Scotia Bank account from India. We can transfer our funds to that account and that helps with the stress of obtaining TCs and BDs Smiley.
All we need to do is contact our nearest Scotia bank branch in India and they will help us with the account opening.
The documents required to initiate the process:
Original Passports with the visa stamps
Original CPR documents
Once we produce these documents to our nearest branch, they help us fill out the application forms and then send the referral to our desired Canadian branch. It takes a week or 2 for the account to be opened and the welcome pack o reach us in our current address(India). Once we receive our welcome pack, which will have our account number, cheque leaves etc., we have to initiate the request for the wire transfer of funds. Our local branch of Scotia bank can help with this. Once the funds are transferred and credited into our account, we will receive a bank balance certificate which can serve the POF requirements at the point of entry(Airport/border) during the landing process.
Want more? The transferred money is readily available for our use on a 1 click activation after we visit our branch in Canada, while our BDs may take as long as a month to get credited.
We can also apply for a $1000 credit card with our account and so we will have all that waiting for us when we visit our branch in Canada for activation.
A husband and wife can open 2 separate accounts or a joint account from here. The maximum limit to transfer to the new Scotia bank accounts while still in India is CAD$50000 and only one wire transfer is allowed per account before it is activated.

mustu521

Star Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
CVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2014
Nomination.....
26-01-2015
Med's Request
09-04-2015
Med's Done....
25-04-2015
Interview........
07-04-2015
Passport Req..
05-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
inamul70 said:
we can open a Scotia Bank account from India. We can transfer our funds to that account and that helps with the stress of obtaining TCs and BDs Smiley.
All we need to do is contact our nearest Scotia bank branch in India and they will help us with the account opening.
The documents required to initiate the process:
Original Passports with the visa stamps
Original CPR documents
Once we produce these documents to our nearest branch, they help us fill out the application forms and then send the referral to our desired Canadian branch. It takes a week or 2 for the account to be opened and the welcome pack o reach us in our current address(India). Once we receive our welcome pack, which will have our account number, cheque leaves etc., we have to initiate the request for the wire transfer of funds. Our local branch of Scotia bank can help with this. Once the funds are transferred and credited into our account, we will receive a bank balance certificate which can serve the POF requirements at the point of entry(Airport/border) during the landing process.
Want more? The transferred money is readily available for our use on a 1 click activation after we visit our branch in Canada, while our BDs may take as long as a month to get credited.
We can also apply for a $1000 credit card with our account and so we will have all that waiting for us when we visit our branch in Canada for activation.
A husband and wife can open 2 separate accounts or a joint account from here. The maximum limit to transfer to the new Scotia bank accounts while still in India is CAD$50000 and only one wire transfer is allowed per account before it is activated.
Thanks for the info. Can deposits be made using normal account to account transfers from within Canada? Or perhaps even cash deposits?. Do you know if there are any restrictions to those?

inamul70

Jul 20, 2013
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
21-11-2014
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
16-04-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
Hi all with noc 2281 and received PER... I have already created a whatsup (35 applicants already) group for (noc 2281) helping each other in MR PCC DM & PPR. Group will remain active in Canada also to assist each other in finding jobs, accommodation and lots of other technical problems.. Interested people plz PM me their cell no.

harshdsi

Apr 17, 2014
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Waiting
IELTS Request
Submitted with Documents
Med's Request
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
30-05-2015
Interview........
Waved off
Passport Req..
Waiting
Hello Members,

I also applied under NOC 2281, MY application was accepted on 19th September and still waiting for 2nd line update.

PB10

Mar 8, 2015
I just wanted to check if my experience letter is good to go for NOC 2281?

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

This is to certify that Mr/Ms <My Name> was full time employed with <Org Name> from <Start Date> to <End Date>.

While leaving our organization, he/ she was designated as an <Designation>.

During his/her employment with <Org Name>, he/she was responsible for the following :- (maximum 5 points)

1. Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot servers/computer workstations hardware, operating systems and various software like MS Office, Adobe, Lotus Notes, Symantec & McAfee antivirus
2. Windows Server 2003 Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, File & Print, Antivirus deployment, configuration and management
3. IBM Lotus Domino 8.5 e-Mail Infrastructure and McAfee Antivirus deployment, configuration and management
4. Automate tasks like server/data backup using scripting techniques like VBScript and Batch scripting
5. Implement security controls and optimize server performance using Group Policy and provide problem-solving services to network users

He/She utilized skills including :- ( maximum 2 points )

1. Windows Server 2000/2003, Windows XP/Vista/7, Lotus Domino 8.5 and Lotus Sametime 8.0, Lotus Notes 6/7/8

2. Symantec and McAfee Antivirus, MS Office 2000/2003/2007, VBScripting, MS DOS

We wish him/her all the best for his/her future endeavors.
------------------------------------

Also that my current employer doesn't give any such letters, so I need to get 2 affidavits from my senior colleagues.
Will the similar content be considered good enough for those affidavits also?

openstring

May 8, 2015
I want to be a Computer Network Technician (Network Engineer), and it's my ultimate dream to go and live in Canada. I'm so excited to take this career path.