+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Federal Skilled Immigration (Computer Network Technicians) NOC: 2281

mossallam

Sep 8, 2014
nishesh3003 said:
Experience (a) qualifies for 2281. You can use the remaining exp. for points if it matches the duties of any one of the following: 2171/2173/2174. Good Luck!
Hello,
Can I do the same with my below experience ? use A for 2281 then the remaining points would match 2147 Computer engineers

A- Techincal Support engineer ( 3 yrs)
• Responsible for network resources for about 25 Airline Sita Customers.
• conduct initial diagnostics and undertake full fault diagnostics to resolve where possible, customer faults.
• provide professional technical point of contact for customers
• diagnose fault related incidents by effectively utilizing software diagnostics and other network/product utility programs
• provide updates as needed to the customer in order to meet performance objectives and service excellence guidelines
• ensure incidents are allocated to the most appropriate ‘next step’ as part of the incident management process
• perform technical escalations in line with company procedure
• monitor systems, customer networks & products and deal with alerts and events as appropriate
• liaise and refer issues to correct/relevant entities
• troubleshooting different kinds of hardware equipment including Cisco Routers, modems & switches.
• troubleshooting for different kind of services including IP VPN, WAN, LAN, MAN,DSL.

B- Post Sales Technical Support Consultant ( 2 yrs)
• Responsible for new network requests, migrations and modifications for all Sita and Emerging market customers.
• Providing support during customer network installations and migrations of the requested services.
• Attending meetings with customer parties as well as Orange consultants, managers discussing network solutions, order processes and various management issues.
• Key role in the ordering process, supporting, following up and providing knowledge and explanation to service delivery
• Resolution of Technical Rejections from other teams
• Interface with respective Order to Bill teams to support service delivery if needed by Project Manager or Implementation Manager
• Meet or exceed the targets set by the management with regards to order processing, technical clarifications and personal development

C- Technology Consultant ( 5 yrs)
• Working as a billable TDC dedicated for Orange Europe customers large projects like PMI (Philippe Morris) , ST Microelectronics & Amcor and Sita customers.
• Provide LLDs (Low Level Designs) including all technical/Implementation details/plans as required for the services that are being ordered (in line with the high level customer requirements captured by Sales)
• Liaise directly with customer to obtain all relevant technical information for successful order validation & project delivery
• Propose alternative solutions to resolve problems and service availability issues
Provide order validation of technical service components and equipment specifications
• Ensuring that service details being requested can be delivered (checking Availability, Capacity, Technical Compliance, Regulatory etc)
• Revise and update any orders where the high-level customer requirement does not match their understanding of the solution being proposed.
• Own/Document and amend SLA requirements
• Interface with respective Order to Bill teams to support service delivery if needed by Project Manager or Implementation Manager
• Share in the customer and service acceptance testing as directed by the Solution Consultant
• Respond promptly to queries pertaining to area of competence

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
mossallam said:
Hello,
Can I do the same with my below experience ? use A for 2281 then the remaining points would match 2147 Computer engineers

A- Techincal Support engineer ( 3 yrs)
• Responsible for network resources for about 25 Airline Sita Customers.
• conduct initial diagnostics and undertake full fault diagnostics to resolve where possible, customer faults.
• provide professional technical point of contact for customers
• diagnose fault related incidents by effectively utilizing software diagnostics and other network/product utility programs
• provide updates as needed to the customer in order to meet performance objectives and service excellence guidelines
• ensure incidents are allocated to the most appropriate ‘next step' as part of the incident management process
• perform technical escalations in line with company procedure
• monitor systems, customer networks & products and deal with alerts and events as appropriate
• liaise and refer issues to correct/relevant entities
• troubleshooting different kinds of hardware equipment including Cisco Routers, modems & switches.
• troubleshooting for different kind of services including IP VPN, WAN, LAN, MAN,DSL.

B- Post Sales Technical Support Consultant ( 2 yrs)
• Responsible for new network requests, migrations and modifications for all Sita and Emerging market customers.
• Providing support during customer network installations and migrations of the requested services.
• Attending meetings with customer parties as well as Orange consultants, managers discussing network solutions, order processes and various management issues.
• Key role in the ordering process, supporting, following up and providing knowledge and explanation to service delivery
• Meet or exceed the targets set by the management with regards to order processing, technical clarifications and personal development

C- Technology Consultant ( 5 yrs)
• Working as a billable TDC dedicated for Orange Europe customers large projects like PMI (Philippe Morris) , ST Microelectronics & Amcor and Sita customers.
• Provide LLDs (Low Level Designs) including all technical/Implementation details/plans as required for the services that are being ordered (in line with the high level customer requirements captured by Sales)
• Liaise directly with customer to obtain all relevant technical information for successful order validation & project delivery
• Propose alternative solutions to resolve problems and service availability issues
Provide order validation of technical service components and equipment specifications
• Ensuring that service details being requested can be delivered (checking Availability, Capacity, Technical Compliance, Regulatory etc)
• Revise and update any orders where the high-level customer requirement does not match their understanding of the solution being proposed.
• Own/Document and amend SLA requirements
• Share in the customer and service acceptance testing as directed by the Solution Consultant
• Respond promptly to queries pertaining to area of competence
Yes you can. I have not reviewed the duties for 2147 but if that's a match then you are good to go.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
maironbr said:
Hi everyone!

I already have all documents ready to apply for NOC 2281, but IELTS. My exam is schedule for October 18, and as far as I could check, I would just receive the papers early November. :eek:

Do you guys think that are there still chances to apply on mid November? Cap today is 136 as per the CIC website, but I don't think there is a way to know what the backlog is currently standing.

Thank you very much,

Mairon
Yes. I believe it will be open in Nov.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi friends,
Can I send two applications at the same time for NOC 2173 and 2281???
Doesn't it matter by CIC?
In which one I have more chance to be in the cap since I'm going to send my application at the end of October!?
I want to focus on one NOC!

Thank you in advance

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
MedZed said:
Hi friends,
Can I send two applications at the same time for NOC 2173 and 2281???
Doesn't it matter by CIC?
In which one I have more chance to be in the cap since I'm going to send my application at the end of October!?
I want to focus on one NOC!

Thank you in advance

varunsharma

Aug 14, 2014
Hi ,

I am applying for NOC:2281 category and I have relevant work experience for this NOC , but have a question for my education eligibility.

I have my Bachelors in commerce and quite few diplomas and certification in IT and not sure if these would be recognised by them as a complete proper course in IT as per their standards or not.

So will I be eligible to apply for a technical profile even if my technical education is not completely recognised and just my bachelors is
or education in the same field is not that relevant and just the work experience is ?

Waiting for a response here, as my previous queries have also not been replied so far =(

mmsrab_Canada

Sep 17, 2014
Hi Guys,

This is a great forum. I gained a lot of information from everyone. Let me take this opportunity to thank everyone. THANK YOU!!!

I'm working as a network engineer and planning to apply under NOC 2281. Hope they accept it.

Thanks

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
varunsharma said:
Hi ,

I am applying for NOC:2281 category and I have relevant work experience for this NOC , but have a question for my education eligibility.

I have my Bachelors in commerce and quite few diplomas and certification in IT and not sure if these would be recognised by them as a complete proper course in IT as per their standards or not.

So will I be eligible to apply for a technical profile even if my technical education is not completely recognised and just my bachelors is
or education in the same field is not that relevant and just the work experience is ?

Waiting for a response here, as my previous queries have also not been replied so far =(
This is a question that has been asked many a times here.

As for FSW itself - your are absolutely eligible as the only thing CIC needs is for your duties in your present and/or past occupation to match with your chosen NOC, and not your education.

As for the market itself, it is preferred that you have an educational credential in a relevant field but a majority of vacancies accept a number of years of past experience as a substitute for qualification. I know this from job vacancies posted online. I am talking in specific to our job roles and not every job role in general.

Good luck!

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
rohitcan said:
Dear All,

IS the below content of 2281 job reference letter are good to go ?

Maintaining, troubleshooting wide area networks (WANs), , local area networks (LANs) applications and connections to the Internet and peripheral equipment's.
 Evaluating and installing networking software, operating system software and other applications.
 Operate main server to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks.
 Maintaining, troubleshooting and upgrading as required Web-server (DNS, MRTG, Infovista .etc ) and other network software.
 Implementing network traffic and security monitoring software, and optimizing server performance.
 Perform scheduled network start up and shut down and maintaining records.
 Conducting tests and performing security and quality controls.
 Controlling and monitoring e-mail use and installed software.
 Integrating network system communication hardware and software.
 Training and development of junior staff.
Looks okay to me.

varunsharma

Aug 14, 2014
Hi Nishes,

Thanks for your response, you have been of great help in claryfying this here, i tried looking in the forum but couldnt find it so had to popup here.

Also I noticed that for this noc they have given similar names and examples out of those one is system admin, so will the below system admin duties will do for this noc or it has to be network only as further below, hope its fine.

thanks in advance

System admin

Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of all Windows operating systems. Ø Updating any kind of required application/kernel patches/device drivers on the Standalone or Network machines . Ø Troubleshooting with any kind of Issue with hardware like Printer,or any other peripheral devices . Ø Troubleshooting/Setting up Wireless Printers/Machines on Network. Ø Troubleshooting with Routers and Modems Ø Clean Installation of Windows. Ø Recovering and Backingup of data from Computers. Ø Troubleshooting Machines for any performance/Security related issues and fixing them accordingly.

Network admin

Help in Planning facilities and infrastructure cost, capacity planning, logistics (network design, server locations, where to install, wiring, IP address assignments) and keep a track with network service providers (ISPs) . Ø Perform regular Maintenance for Network, server and machines on daily, weekly, monthly basis like boot and shutdown systems when needed, printers, backup relevant media and tune systems/Network/Servers for performance by tracking network traffic and observing any kind of system/network/security threats upgrading firmwares on router/devices . Ø Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of Windows operating system and any kind of required application/kernel patches/device drivers on the Standalone or Network machines . Ø Keep a regular check on , troubleshoot and install hardware - computers, terminals, disk drives, CD-ROMs, RAM, printers, NICs, cabling, modem, router and setting up the server accordingly. Ø On Daily basis Monitor – Network performance/ Servers and Workstations Printers, disk space, and security, and all log files regularly . Ø Creating / modifying and set privileges for Network users as per requirement using Active Directory, LDAP, NIS+ or other user and group account management software . Ø Create data Backups and archives .

daserock

Jul 11, 2014
Philippines
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
do you have sample for reference letter under our NOC. pls pm me or email instead.

jshamili@ymail.com

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
varunsharma said:
Hi Nishes,

Thanks for your response, you have been of great help in claryfying this here, i tried looking in the forum but couldnt find it so had to popup here.

Also I noticed that for this noc they have given similar names and examples out of those one is system admin, so will the below system admin duties will do for this noc or it has to be network only as further below, hope its fine.

thanks in advance

System admin

Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of all Windows operating systems. Ø Updating any kind of required application/kernel patches/device drivers on the Standalone or Network machines . Ø Troubleshooting with any kind of Issue with hardware like Printer,or any other peripheral devices . Ø Troubleshooting/Setting up Wireless Printers/Machines on Network. Ø Troubleshooting with Routers and Modems Ø Clean Installation of Windows. Ø Recovering and Backingup of data from Computers. Ø Troubleshooting Machines for any performance/Security related issues and fixing them accordingly.

Network admin

Help in Planning facilities and infrastructure cost, capacity planning, logistics (network design, server locations, where to install, wiring, IP address assignments) and keep a track with network service providers (ISPs) . Ø Perform regular Maintenance for Network, server and machines on daily, weekly, monthly basis like boot and shutdown systems when needed, printers, backup relevant media and tune systems/Network/Servers for performance by tracking network traffic and observing any kind of system/network/security threats upgrading firmwares on router/devices . Ø Installation, Configuration and troubleshooting of Windows operating system and any kind of required application/kernel patches/device drivers on the Standalone or Network machines . Ø Keep a regular check on , troubleshoot and install hardware - computers, terminals, disk drives, CD-ROMs, RAM, printers, NICs, cabling, modem, router and setting up the server accordingly. Ø On Daily basis Monitor – Network performance/ Servers and Workstations Printers, disk space, and security, and all log files regularly . Ø Creating / modifying and set privileges for Network users as per requirement using Active Directory, LDAP, NIS+ or other user and group account management software . Ø Create data Backups and archives .
Although the NOC is titled "Computer Network Technician", many people are under the impression that this is core networking, which is wrong.

The NOC covers job duties which can be performed in hybrid, consisting of both core network devices (routing/switching) and core computing infrastructure (application servers).

So both Network Admins and Systems Admins equally qualify for this NOC.

varunsharma

Aug 14, 2014
Hey Nishes,

Thanks again, so does the above description looks fine or I just kept it too simple for both sys n network profiles ?

Thanks in advance.

nishesh3003

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Oakville Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2014
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
16-01-2015
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
13-01-2015
Med's Request
20-01-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2015
LANDED..........
31-07-2015
varunsharma said:
Hey Nishes,

Thanks again, so does the above description looks fine or I just kept it too simple for both sys n network profiles ?

Thanks in advance.
They look fine to me.

amar_gahir

Star Member
May 1, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO -> Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2014
Nomination.....
PER - 13-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
26-Feb-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
15-Apr-2015 (SLU)
Med's Request
09-May-2015
Med's Done....
23-May-2015, TLU - 04-Jun-2015
Guys is it safe to submit the application by 1st week of Oct.

please suggest

BR/
Amar