+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Explained

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
Dear Salman,

You mentioned that an MBA would also be a good option. Do you think it would be a good idea to study for an MBA in Canada if one can arrange the money? How are the job prospects for fresh MBA graduates?

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Transferred to London from Islamabad
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
15-1-15 PP received on 21-1-15
Rotman MBA in HR makes u job ready. Its costly and admission is difficult. I have that in plans but I ll b doing it in finance for establishing own business. With an MBA in finance and IT u ll need certifications.

mystique9999

Star Member
Mar 19, 2015
True; Rotman is very expensive. But what about others such as Rotman, HEC Montreal, Queens, Schulich, University of Western Ontario, etc.? Have you come across anyone who has studied an MBA and landed a good job?

rahulk9

Star Member
Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
salmanahm said:
Rotman MBA in HR makes u job ready. Its costly and admission is difficult. I have that in plans but I ll b doing it in finance for establishing own business. With an MBA in finance and IT u ll need certifications.
Hi Salman,
I'll begin with thanking you for all the important information and experiences that you have shared with us. It has really helped in getting the insight about the reality there.

Now going through other similar landing experiences of other members, many claim of facing some sort of discrimination at work or sometimes generally too and indirectly point it towards racism. Have you faced any such sort of thing? What has your experience been so far on this issue.

Thanks,
Rahul

Hopeful Immigrant

Feb 2, 2015
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
December 17th, 2014
Doc's Request.
IND/US/UAE PCC sent. PCC requested along with MR
Nomination.....
February 25, 2015
AOR Received.
April 17, 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with application
File Transfer...
March 4, 2015
Med's Request
May 21, 2015
Med's Done....
May 30, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 21, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Very near
LANDED..........
Very near
salmanahm said:
Dear Salman,

Thanks a lot for such useful information. We can't thank you enough for an in-depth analysis of Canada.

I am planning to land in Toronto/Mississauga in December.

I have a degree in Chemical engineering from US (Washington accord) and have four years experience working in US and currently in Dubai. Do I need to prepare for any certifications when I land there? How should I approach the job market?

Thanks in advance and appreciate all your help!

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
I came across a guy from India who did an MBA HR from Rotman and have a very good package. I always write my experience for which I am 100% sure about. I cant say anything about other MBA programs but one thing is for certain here in Canada. To have good education you have to pay more. I grade Rotman as top most and it definitely will earn you a good job. Its a good investment if u r able to secure admission. As far as MBA s from other countries is concerned I have seen them being part of food chains and getting exploited. Very less jobs in GTA. May be you can find some in other provinces.
mystique9999 said:
True; Rotman is very expensive. But what about others such as Rotman, HEC Montreal, Queens, Schulich, University of Western Ontario, etc.? Have you come across anyone who has studied an MBA and landed a good job?

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Yes you can apply for P Eng. U dont have to take professional practice exam. Its a good qualification. Arrive here and immediately do the stupid WHIMIS and CPR. 2 hours of WHMIS and take 2 hours of CPR. $200 for both and you will be job ready.

Hopeful Immigrant said:
Dear Salman,

Thanks a lot for such useful information. We can't thank you enough for an in-depth analysis of Canada.

I am planning to land in Toronto/Mississauga in December.

I have a degree in Chemical engineering from US (Washington accord) and have four years experience working in US and currently in Dubai. Do I need to prepare for any certifications when I land there? How should I approach the job market?

Thanks in advance and appreciate all your help!

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Many others have complained about racial discrimination in Canada but believe me there is nothing like this so far in my experience. This is so far the most multicultural country I have seen. Rascism is not the trait of Canadians. (Exclude Quebec as I have heard some rumors about French doing it). I beleive those who are unable to understand the system say that there is discrimination but believe me there isn't. As I told u if u r a Phd IT from UK you might be jobless without the stupid A+. Now if someone says its a discrimination I would say its not. Its the system here. Employers like to see certified ppl on job rather than educated ones. Example is the new Canadian Cabinet. 15 men and 15 women. Defense minister is Harjit Sajjan.
Yes other than that I have seen some Gender discrimination. Its a women dominated society so better have all the family disputes settled b4 arriving here.

rahulk9 said:
Hi Salman,
I'll begin with thanking you for all the important information and experiences that you have shared with us. It has really helped in getting the insight about the reality there.

Now going through other similar landing experiences of other members, many claim of facing some sort of discrimination at work or sometimes generally too and indirectly point it towards racism. Have you faced any such sort of thing? What has your experience been so far on this issue.

Thanks,
Rahul

SAK18

Aug 17, 2014
Thanks Salman for the detailed explanation about canada and its job market.

Have you any idea about job market for SAP consultant (SAP Financials or SAP supply chain certification) in canada? I will do this certification in near future so your thoughts on this will be helpful.

Regards,

uetech

Jul 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2014
Doc's Request.
PER 30-12-2014
AOR Received.
Pics 06-02-2015
File Transfer...
Visa Officer: BWJ
Med's Request
10-06-2015
Med's Done....
29-06-2015 and post 90 days X-Ray on 30-09-2015
Passport Req..
27-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
29-10-2015, Passport submitted on 29-10-2015 and received back on 13-11-2015
LANDED..........
soon, in'sha'Allah
salmanahm said:
Yes other than that I have seen some Gender discrimination. Its a women dominated society so better have all the family disputes settled b4 arriving here.
That's a pretty accurate description and very sound advice. Do take it onboard before you go there! ;D

Salmanahm, have you heard of Coursera and do you know if verified Coursera certificates hold any value in the IT or project management sector?

ellynguyen

Oct 17, 2013
Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
(PER) 25-02-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
Not Yet
Med's Request
2016-04-15
Med's Done....
2016-05-01
Interview........
Hope to be waiver
Passport Req..
2016-06-01
VISA ISSUED...
2016-07-15
LANDED..........
2016-09-27
Hi Salmanahm,
Thank you for your very informative sharing, just want to ask about the IT certificates for new immigrants. I'm a software database developer, what kind of certificates are useful for landing a job?

Many thanks

salmanahm said:
Many others have complained about racial discrimination in Canada but believe me there is nothing like this so far in my experience. This is so far the most multicultural country I have seen. Rascism is not the trait of Canadians. (Exclude Quebec as I have heard some rumors about French doing it). I beleive those who are unable to understand the system say that there is discrimination but believe me there isn't. As I told u if u r a Phd IT from UK you might be jobless without the stupid A+. Now if someone says its a discrimination I would say its not. Its the system here. Employers like to see certified ppl on job rather than educated ones. Example is the new Canadian Cabinet. 15 men and 15 women. Defense minister is Harjit Sajjan.

fswevaluation

Star Member
May 7, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA/ NEW YORK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th June 2014
LANDED..........
6th July 2015/Toronto
salmanahm,

thanks for taking time and writing this post. It helped me a lot

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
As far as I understand from Coursera that its an online education. If u dont have project management experience do it but PMP certification is a must.

uetech said:
That's a pretty accurate description and very sound advice. Do take it onboard before you go there! ;D

Salmanahm, have you heard of Coursera and do you know if verified Coursera certificates hold any value in the IT or project management sector?

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Sorry buddy
This is new for me. SAP Website seems to be good but haven't came across a Professional with this kind of certification. I ll let u know if I see one.
Regards
Salman
SAK18 said:
Thanks Salman for the detailed explanation about canada and its job market.

Have you any idea about job market for SAP consultant (SAP Financials or SAP supply chain certification) in canada? I will do this certification in near future so your thoughts on this will be helpful.

Regards,

salmanahm

Oct 9, 2009
Islamabad Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4131-0911-9216
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 Nov 2009
Doc's Request.
1 Jan 2010
Nomination.....
4th may 2010
AOR Received.
18th Aug 2010
Med's Done....
June 2012
VISA ISSUED...
I am not an IT guy but I know its a big industry here.
Better read this
http://www.itworldcanada.com/slideshow/15-it-certifications-that-pay-the-big-bucks

ellynguyen said:
Hi Salmanahm,
Thank you for your very informative sharing, just want to ask about the IT certificates for new immigrants. I'm a software database developer, what kind of certificates are useful for landing a job?

Many thanks