+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Experience for EE

Prashant_ved

Jul 12, 2018
Hello,

I was in Canada back in 2010 for 3 months now again I am am back to Canada last month. Now for EE profile can I include my 3 month experience + the current one (after 9 months from now) to claim the 1 year experience? or do i need to have the consecutive experience of 1 year?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hello,

I was in Canada back in 2010 for 3 months now again I am am back to Canada last month. Now for EE profile can I include my 3 month experience + the current one (after 9 months from now) to claim the 1 year experience? or do i need to have the consecutive experience of 1 year?
If you are applying under CEC, at least 12 months experience is required in past 3 years.

edited continuous to at least.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Are you sure you are a consultant?

"Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)]."

"Work experience need not be continuous under the CEC."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html

Vitesze

Dec 15, 2017
Just wanted to reply as well that this is correct, Canadian work experience doesn't need to be continuous, and can also be in different NOCs.

Common mistake because foreign work experience does need to be continuous + same NOC for at least 1 year.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Are you sure you are a consultant?

"Applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) in one or more NOC 0, A or B occupations within the 36 months before the date of application receipt [R87.1(2)(a)]."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html
Yes, I know that. 12 months can be in past 3 years. The link says at least not continuous. Apologies for mentioning continuous in my reply.

LBen

Mar 5, 2018
I have Canada Experience of 1 year acquired 3 years ago. I know this cannot be considered for Canada Experience Class. But, can I get points in my Express Entry for this Canada experience under FSW as Canada experience itself?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have Canada Experience of 1 year acquired 3 years ago. I know this cannot be considered for Canada Experience Class. But, can I get points in my Express Entry for this Canada experience under FSW as Canada experience itself?
yes

Reactions: LBen

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you. Does the Canada experience (of more than 3 years ago) has to be in the primary NOC where most of my experience is or it can be in any NOC?
Your primary NOC is the one where you have one year, continuous skilled experience. If you have more than one NOC with this, pick your NOC.

LBen

Mar 5, 2018
Your primary NOC is the one where you have one year, continuous skilled experience. If you have more than one NOC with this, pick your NOC.
Most of my experience of 10 years is in one particular NOC and the Canada experience of 1 year is in a different NOC as per the work permit. Does this have any problem in claiming the Canada experience points?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry I misread your question. You count your Canadian experience as foreign experience. Canadian experience is for CEC and you said your experience is more than three years old. You are not eligible for CEC.

LBen

Mar 5, 2018
Sorry I misread your question. You count your Canadian experience as foreign experience. Canadian experience is for CEC and you said your experience is more than three years old. You are not eligible for CEC.
Ok. However, when I showed my Canada experience in my EE profile, though it was shown as I am only eligible for FSW (and not CEC), I had higher points (about 40-45 points) than when I calculated my points through the CRS calculator without including Canada experience. Hence the query.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok. However, when I showed my Canada experience in my EE profile, though it was shown as I am only eligible for FSW (and not CEC), I had higher points (about 40-45 points) than when I calculated my points through the CRS calculator without including Canada experience. Hence the query.
Ok as long is doesn’t say CEC.