+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Dependent Visa

Jan 24, 2017
Hi,
My husband is in Canada work permit visa ( from India)in which his visa will expire in November 2018, his company has applied dependent visa for me and my 2 kids, but we got visa validity only for 11 months (November 2017 is date of expiry instead of November 2018), why we have got like this, is this can be extended once we go to Canada, please advise . Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
I suspect one (or more) of your passports is expiring by that time. CIC only issues visas / permits valid till the expiry of passports.

If this is indeed the case, you can surely renew it with a new passport though it would be another application

Jan 24, 2017
Thank you so much.

Our passports are not getting expired, mine is on 2025, my kid ones are 2019 and 2021.

Please let me know can i extend in Canada.

Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Certainly strange, but simply whenever the time is close to expiry (a couple months),

go online and simply follow "Application to extend your status in Canada". The same criteria would apply.

You can also flag pole and get the same work permit / other dependent visas at the border.

Lastly, since you are already in Canada and this is extension of status of the same type, all that is required is for you to have APPLIED for extension before its expiry.

While CIC processes the application, you would be under implied status.

Though you should avoid implied status unless absolutely needed because it is difficult to prove it for other needs e.g. health cards / DL etc.