+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada / Australia??

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys,

Need suggestions / inputs from the members here. I am a HR Professional from India with over 7 yrs of experience. My husband is a marketing/advertising professional with around 7.5 yrs exp. We have a 4 yr old daughter going to a very good school in India and both of us are doing well in our careers. We were looking for immigration to Australia / Canada for a better lifestyle. We filed for Canada this year (it was our first choice) but the cap was filled for our NOC. We were not sure if our profession would be there in April or not so my consultant is filing my papers for state nomination (visa 190) in Australia.

We would like to know how difficult it will be to find out jobs in Australia? Or if my husband does his MBA / Exec MBA from a top Australian university, will that help? Do these universities provide placements? We do not want to take big risks as we have a small kid. Will it be possible that my husband lands there first, studies / finds job, settle things and then we move there?

What should be the approx. funds we should carry for initial survival? How racist Australia is?

fsw2174

May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER REC DATE 09-08-2013
File Transfer...
AOR REC 19-09-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
Some good points I can see from your post.
You and your husband are educated and working in India. So you guys can survive and settle in any country quickly and bit easly.
Second,both of you have got good experience as well.

Now, about finding job , racist , risk and family management ext.

Job : If you are well prepared and positive the you will get job , many of my friend got job in Australia in 2 to3 months. Be positive is first factor and second is how you are prepared to crack interview. If you are prepared by having negative thoughts like racist and otherthingyou won't get through.

Risk: there is a risk, no dought ,but you have to plan , first your husband should go and then you and your daughter but believe me the pressure and risk is temporary, once your husband get the job and you too, life would be as you wanted to be. I don't believe this risk as highly associated with life because its short term risk and anyone can recover with short term risk. If you see your daughter face you will get motivated for everything. I can understand being father of 4 year daughter.

If you need any more info , you are most welcome , please send me email or post.

Thank you. :)

sm9 said:
Hi Guys,

Need suggestions / inputs from the members here. I am a HR Professional from India with over 7 yrs of experience. My husband is a marketing/advertising professional with around 7.5 yrs exp. We have a 4 yr old daughter going to a very good school in India and both of us are doing well in our careers. We were looking for immigration to Australia / Canada for a better lifestyle. We filed for Canada this year (it was our first choice) but the cap was filled for our NOC. We were not sure if our profession would be there in April or not so my consultant is filing my papers for state nomination (visa 190) in Australia.

We would like to know how difficult it will be to find out jobs in Australia? Or if my husband does his MBA / Exec MBA from a top Australian university, will that help? Do these universities provide placements? We do not want to take big risks as we have a small kid. Will it be possible that my husband lands there first, studies / finds job, settle things and then we move there?

What should be the approx. funds we should carry for initial survival? How racist Australia is?

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks fsw2174 for reverting. We also applied under this category but this NOC reached capping too soon :( so we have to consider Australia.

Yes we both are well settled so little scared that leaving everything here and starting from scratch, will it worth it? But on the other hand we are sure of settling well after initial hiccups. My only worry about moving to Australia is that this country is still considered racist by a lot of people. I really want inputs from you guys about the actual scenario. A lot of my family members are there in Canada and they have never experienced racism.
Would there be racism in schools, colleges or work place in Australia? Are natives considered first for career pathing / promotions etc. Would they treat immigrants equally or we would have to fight for our rights everyday?

Kiwi_Alan

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
Med's Request
12-03-2013
Med's Done....
23-03-2013
Passport Req..
12-03-2013 DD Encashed on 26-04-2013.
sm9 said:
Thanks fsw2174 for reverting. We also applied under this category but this NOC reached capping too soon :( so we have to consider Australia.

Yes we both are well settled so little scared that leaving everything here and starting from scratch, will it worth it? But on the other hand we are sure of settling well after initial hiccups. My only worry about moving to Australia is that this country is still considered racist by a lot of people. I really want inputs from you guys about the actual scenario. A lot of my family members are there in Canada and they have never experienced racism.
Would there be racism in schools, colleges or work place in Australia? Are natives considered first for career pathing / promotions etc. Would they treat immigrants equally or we would have to fight for our rights everyday?
Every country will have its own reservation in terms of racism, privileges for locals in career & etc...It’s all about the gravity of the issue and no. of occurrence to the outsiders or so called immigrants. So don't ponder too much about this...this even happens in the country where you live also...South Vs North & East Vs West in terms of culture / Language / work promotions & etc...Still we live safe in India...

There are so many good things to talk about living in Canada / Australia...Think about the positives and try to align negatives and work on that...all will be well...

Canada is my choice....Australia is still not a bad choice....

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Kiwi_Alan for your supportive words. Yes you are absolutely right. THese dayseven India is not considered safe for native women. I fully agree with all u hv mentiond :)

fsw2174

May 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-05-2013
AOR Received.
PER REC DATE 09-08-2013
File Transfer...
AOR REC 19-09-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
05-12-2013
Interview........
----
Passport Req..
02-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
10-02-2014
Hi

Let me tell you from where this comes in your mind thoroughly.

We usually get feedback from the people who are not keen or motivated to go and settle at abroad. So for example if you ask your cousins or friends who are not much enthusiastic to go to abroad they will tell you negative story! You will hardly find people who says positive on this. Even your relative who are in canada may Might have tell you such negative thoughts. My point is we are surrounded by negative people due to which we create negative picture of something.

Second, reality , in reality , yes there might be racist in Australia but believe me , it's not that much for white collar job people, you are in hr and your hubby is eng , I don't think skilled people will face such issue.
See the statistics , how many Indians are there in Melbourne , it's number one city in the world to live.and I am proud to say maximum are Indian and that too gujarati!!! , racist might be there but not in a way that you have to survive or fight on daily basis, not at all.

I have work in canada , UK , Australia ,Singapore and Johannesburg in my career , I like Australia too. It's a good country. I have got pr visa for Australia few months ago and canada is in process but I will definitely give first priority to canada because I have many relatives in canada.

BUT I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU IF YOU WANT TO GO OUT OF INDIA , YOU SHOULD TRY TO APPLY IN TWO COUNTY AT A TIME BECAUSE GETTING VISA IS A LUCK. SO YOU SHOULD TRY YOUR LUCK AT BOTH PLACE. THINK ABOUT ISSUES LATER YOU GET THE VISA. RIGHT NOW I GUESS YOU MUST START WORKING ON AUSTRALIA VISA RATHER THAN WAITING FOR CANADA. HOWEVER AS ITS YOUR FIRST PRIORITY SO APPLY IN NEXT YEAR QUOTA , WHAT YOU WILL LOOSE IS FEES OF AUSTRALIA IF YOU GET THE VISA OF CANADA.

ALL THE BEST!

sm9 said:

Kummy29

Aug 9, 2011
Iowa,USA
Visa Office......
Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2009
Doc's Request.
30-09-2009
Nomination.....
10-01-2010
AOR Received.
17-09-2010
IELTS Request
10-01-2010
File Transfer...
05-10-2011
Med's Request
23-02-2012
Med's Done....
06-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
April-04,2012
VISA ISSUED...
Apr 13, 2012
LANDED..........
28-May,2012
If your chances of going to Canada this year is slim, you can always try for it next year, and do it yourself (Having Consultant is not mandatory). As for Australian jobs and degree insights, I feel this is not the correct forum.

Post your questions in a similar forum for Australia.

Good luck !

Star Member
Apr 29, 2012
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-05-2013
Doc's Request.
21-05-2014
Nomination.....
PER 01-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Request
08-02-2014
Med's Done....
13-02-2014
Passport Req..
08-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 25-07-2014 visa Issued 21-07-2014
LANDED..........
8th Nov 2014
+1 for u.

fsw2174 said:
Hi

We usually get feedback from the people who are not keen or motivated to go and settle at abroad. So for example if you ask your cousins or friends who are not much enthusiastic to go to abroad they will tell you negative story! You will hardly find people who says positive on this. Even your relative who are in canada may Might have tell you such negative thoughts. My point is we are surrounded by negative people due to which we create negative picture of something.

Second, reality , in reality , yes there might be racist in Australia but believe me , it's not that much for white collar job people, you are in hr and your hubby is eng , I don't think skilled people will face such issue.
See the statistics , how many Indians are there in Melbourne , it's number one city in the world to live.and I am proud to say maximum are Indian and that too gujarati!!! , racist might be there but not in a way that you have to survive or fight on daily basis, not at all.

I have work in canada , UK , Australia ,Singapore and Johannesburg in my career , I like Australia too. It's a good country. I have got pr visa for Australia few months ago and canada is in process but I will definitely give first priority to canada because I have many relatives in canada.

BUT I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU IF YOU WANT TO GO OUT OF INDIA , YOU SHOULD TRY TO APPLY IN TWO COUNTY AT A TIME BECAUSE GETTING VISA IS A LUCK. SO YOU SHOULD TRY YOUR LUCK AT BOTH PLACE. THINK ABOUT ISSUES LATER YOU GET THE VISA. RIGHT NOW I GUESS YOU MUST START WORKING ON AUSTRALIA VISA RATHER THAN WAITING FOR CANADA. HOWEVER AS ITS YOUR FIRST PRIORITY SO APPLY IN NEXT YEAR QUOTA , WHAT YOU WILL LOOSE IS FEES OF AUSTRALIA IF YOU GET THE VISA OF CANADA.

ALL THE BEST!

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can not agree with you more fsw2174... +1 for you

fsw2174 said:
Hi

ALL THE BEST!

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please let me know if people who have already sent their applications for canada immigration this year but NOC has reached cap, would they be considered first next year or applications would be considered on first come basis.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
sm9 said:
Please let me know if people who have already sent their applications for canada immigration this year but NOC has reached cap, would they be considered first next year or applications would be considered on first come basis.
In case of CAP reached for a specific NOC, all "late" applications will be returned...they will not be automatically be given "priority" for next year as you suggested. Next year could be different ball game, who knows what will happen - there might be changes to the eligible "NOCs"..anything can change...