Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
PGyu said:
What a ridiculous system! What is "random picking" stand for? How about "random picking" for selecting our prime minister, our provincial minister, our immigration minister in the future? How do they feel? Parents are our parents. They are not like holiday gifts that put into the lucky draw for holiday!!! This is so so so disrespectful decision from a government level for family reunion! What a hilarious joke.
You do realize the majority of Canadians would probably have no problem if the entire PGP program was scrapped completely. It's a humanitarian program, and people should feel fortunate there is a PGP program of any kind that offers such good benefits to parents as soon as they become PR.

The current system would have turned into a lottery anyways in terms of what courier to choose, as more and more and more apps would be received on first day of the year in each subsequent years. Eventually the cap would have been filled in hours instead of days.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
In other words, whoever has the gold, makes the rules?

Your gist is if you have tons of money, you should spend whatever it takes to get in front. How would you feel if I spent a ton of money to get take your doctor away for your live saving surgery for my elective surgery.

What are you talking about? Did you not understand what I said?
Where did I say you must to use expansive local couriers to get in?
You said it's not fair for other provinces since GTA people can use local couriers to be the first in.
I said GTA couriers are available for outside applicants, should they choose to do so.
I also said You don't need to spend hundreds of dollars for GTA couriers since in 2016, most of people who used $50 Fedex, UPS and Purolator, got accepted in first 10k

or are you saying you can't afford $50 Fedex?
you only want to spend 50cents stamps?

I was 2016 applicant, I followed 2016 thread from page 1.
I can tell you exactly when other province applicants started complain about GTA people who used local couriers.
It was from opening day to when CIC increased cap to 10k
On opening day, some of the members on here went to CIC Mississauga office and reported who was in line. They reported all GTA local couriers were first in line, all carrying huge mail bags.
We started to speculate that people who used Fedex or UPS have no chances, first 5k could be filled with just GTA applicants. Outside GTA people, including myself, started get angry, and complained it was not fair for people outside of GTA.
Keep in mind, CIC had not increase cap to 10k yet at this point, We were still working with 5k cap.
Small number of Fed/UPS/Puro users reported being accepted. We were still angry, and almost gave up. Then CIC announced cap increase to 10k.
After that, NOBODY complained about GTA couriers. Because lot of people, if not all, got accepted using Fed/UPS/Puro.

What I'm saying is, if cap was 5k, then yes, you have no chance in hell, unless you use GTA couriers.
With 10k cap, and based on 2016 report posted 2016 thread, everyone has fairly good chance. This lottery is unnecessary! I personally know a person who used Canada Post Xpresspost and got accepted.

People who prepared their documents for months and ready to over night it over to CIC had very high chance of getting in, now nobody knows.

CDNJQEP

Jul 20, 2016
I know there is no way to make everyone happy.. but I think they should keep first come first serve but put a limit on applicants from each province based on population percentage.. this way applicants from provinces that are further away still have a fair chance.

just my 2 cents.

CDNJQEP

Jul 20, 2016
oaw said:
Random Pick is a tricky word,
They are asking to fill the form with all the info like your name, city of birth, DOB.
So if its lottery, then why they need to know so much info,
if they don't have a unique identifier; everyone can submit multiple entries making this a mess.. hence they may use some sort of unique identifier; NAME/DOB combination or SIN number etc.

SaskinSeoul

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-12-2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
April 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 2017
LANDED..........
June 2017
This is going to be a mess, what if all the lottery winners are from one country. Can my wife and I each fill out a form? Is there any security features or is it like mydemocracy.ca

feisha

Dec 13, 2016
Rob_TO said:
I'm not saying these are how the lottery will be run, it's how in my opinion it SHOULD be run.
My sense is that this is not how they will run it and this is why I am so frustrated.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
SaskinSeoul said:
This is going to be a mess, what if all the lottery winners are from one country. Can my wife and I each fill out a form? Is there any security features or is it like mydemocracy.ca
Most likely only the sponsor of the parents being sponsored can fill out a form, NOT the co-signer. So you would not be able to put an entry in the lottery to sponsor your wife's parents.