Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
badar14 said:
I have NOA for 2013 but income is only 14 K in that. As i mentioned i was landed immigrant in Aug 2013. Need fair reply instead of pushing me back to apply. Dont worry I will not take any risk unless i will meet all requirement.

Thanks
Syed B
Then you don't qualify to apply in 2017. Your NOA for 3 consecutive years needs to clearly meet the income amount for your family size. If you have this in 2014, 2015, 2016, you can possibly apply for the lottery in January 2018.

Forget about 2017.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
irock79 said:
No, the lottery system is very fair and the way PGP apps should be done. I do not support at all going back to the first come first served way since it's not a fair system for all Canadians due to their closeness to the Mississauga office.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
2. Give previous lottery losers priority in the subsequent years if they do not make it in previous year lottery... otherwise their is always a chance someone will NEVER be allowed, no matter how long they wait.
How is that fair? If there are 50,000 applicants, does that mean that over the following 4 years no one else gets to apply?

Over the past 12 months, many Canadians have been working hard to get all necessary documents, medical tests, etc. together as well as paying legal fees to prepare the require sponsorship application.
This change is a complete disaster for family members as there is NOW a degree of uncertainty into whether or not their application will EVER be processed.
There are numerous people who are in the same situation, that wouldn't have their application accepted because they weren't first in line......no difference between FC/FS and a lottery! That's just a reality of either process.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Buletruck said:
How is that fair? If there are 50,000 applicants, does that mean that over the following 4 years no one else gets to apply?
I mean give an extra advantage i.e. give someone 1 extra lottery entry for each year they missed out so they have a slightly better chance at winning. But still everyone has a shot in any given year. Same with how sports leagues do their draft lotteries... the more you lose the more chances you get for the higher draft picks.

IMO someone who has met the eligibility criteria for several years but has just not been lucky enough to be selected, is more deserving of a PGP spot than someone just qualifying for the first time that year. Just my opinion though, I doubt they will do this.

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Actually, I was quoting from the petition and not your posts....still have to figure out the "Quote from" bit.......

feisha

Dec 13, 2016
no point to talk about fair or not fair... We do not even know their detailed plan on how to carry the next steps. If some luckily picked ones do not even qualify to sponsor, will there be a re-draw again? What is the timeline? If you indicate you mean to participate in 2018 again, will you be excluded from 2017 re-draw or will you have advantage in 2018 or both or neither??? This is why I am so frustrated! A government policy needs to be clear and stable. For all of us abhor the new leader in the US, this conduct from the government is actually not far from there in this aspect.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Sorry I cannot sign this petition in which geographical location has an advantage over others. (ie pay couriers to get front of line that is only offered in GTA area).

I am all for equal treatment of chance of PGP program. The old system of first come first serve does not allow equal chance for everyone. Rich sponsors and those in GTA cannot have an leg up over those who are not.
Rob_TO said:
No, the lottery system is very fair and the way PGP apps should be done. I do not support at all going back to the first come first served way since it's not a fair system for all Canadians due to their closeness to the Mississauga office.
TO local couriers accepts applications from all over Canada, you don't have to walk and hand deliver it to their depot.
I don't know the details but I did contact one of them few months ago and they said yes.
I decide not to because in 2016, plenty of people who used Fedex, UPS and even epic failed Purolator, got in. All of the fedex and UPS got theirs in, and some of Purolators.
True, new system give same chance for everyone, but I would say old system still has higher chance, unless you use Canada post snail mail.

I live in Vancouver, probably farthest away from Toronto, but I'd still take old system over, new gamble to win system.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
kkim604 said:
TO local couriers accepts applications from all over Canada, you don't have to walk and hand deliver it to their depot.
I don't know the details but I did contact one of them few months ago and they said yes.
I decide not to because in 2016, plenty of people who used Fedex, UPS and even epic failed Purolator, got in. All of the fedex and UPS got theirs in, and some of Purolators.
True, new system give same chance for everyone, but I would say old system still has higher chance, unless you use Canada post snail mail.

I live in Vancouver, probably farthest away from Toronto, but I'd still take old system over, new gamble to win system.
In other words, whoever has the gold, makes the rules?

Your gist is if you have tons of money, you should spend whatever it takes to get in front. How would you feel if I spent a ton of money to get take your doctor away for your live saving surgery for my elective surgery.

bootstrap

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
December 2012
screech339 said:
In other words, whoever has the gold, makes the rules?

Your gist is if you have tons of money, you should spend whatever it takes to get in front. How would you feel if I spent a ton of money to get take your doctor away for your live saving surgery for my elective surgery.
You are up to something. So, when anyone raises concerns from GTA area, you ask them why would they UNFAIRLY take advantage of their proximity to immigration office location. And when people outside GTA tell you that they are okay with sending mail using couriers and many got accepted last year by using Puralator, Fedex, etc, you single them out as sleazy filthy rich people.

Suppose I get invited after lottery and asked to send complete application. I might prefer better, reliable couriers such as Fedex over CanadaPost to send in my application. So, what exactly are we changing with this sudden rule change?

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Rob_TO said:
Seems CIC is reading my posts lol. http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tips-for-2016-future-pgp-applicants-t333951.0.html;msg4874596#msg4874596

This is by far the fairest way to do this, to give someone applying from Victoria BC the same odds of making the cap as someone from Toronto and physically much closer to the CPC-Mississauga office.

They should be running this with a few strict rules, such as:
1. Just 1 entry allowed (gauged by SIN), and anyone discovered with more than 1 entry should be banned entirely from that year's lottery
2. Entries not picked above 10K should be kept, and after initial 10K apps are screened for qualifications with some eliminated, a further lottery should happen to fill out the 10K apps
3. Those missing lottery 1 year, should have some kind of priority in later years

All those courier companies expecting a huge new years bonus must be furious at this!

Point 3, those missing 1 year are given priority next year, I had not found it anywhere on CIC website, are sure about this rule.
As I am worried about starvation, people who are not lucky enough, might apply every year and year after year.......

bootstrap

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Doc's Request.
Nov 2010
AOR Received.
July 2011
Med's Request
May 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 2012
VISA ISSUED...
December 2012
LANDED..........
December 2012
oaw said:
Point 3, those missing 1 year are given priority next year, I had not found it anywhere on CIC website, are sure about this rule.
As I am worried about starvation, people who are not lucky enough, might apply every year and year after year.......
Just to clarify, you found part 1 and part 2 on the CIC website!!! And confirming part 3??

oaw

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Yella365 said:
You have to think what "random pick" really means... Smells corruption
Random Pick is a tricky word,
They are asking to fill the form with all the info like your name, city of birth, DOB.
So if its lottery, then why they need to know so much info,

PGyu

Dec 14, 2016
What a ridiculous system! What is "random picking" stand for? How about "random picking" for selecting our prime minister, our provincial minister, our immigration minister in the future? How do they feel? Parents are our parents. They are not like holiday gifts that put into the lucky draw for holiday!!! This is so so so disrespectful decision from a government level for family reunion! What a hilarious joke.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
oaw said:
I'm not saying these are how the lottery will be run, it's how in my opinion it SHOULD be run.