+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you withdraw your Super Visa application and apply again?

Once-A-Marketer

Mar 21, 2017
I am in a bit of a situation.

I submitted super visa application for my parents, and CIC immediately requested their biometrics. While I am happy about the quick progress, the problem we have is that to get the biometrics done, my folks need to travel to Delhi or Kolkata, which is 3 hrs flight and the weather will be extremely hot right now. My parents are elderly and not used to extreme heat, so they are worried that they might fall sick. I had planned and timed the application, but my folks had a second thought regarding the heat, and I don't disagree with them.

Does anyone know anything about withdrawing an application that's already in progress?

Has anyone withdrawn their application and then reapplied? If so, how was your experience?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am in a bit of a situation.

I submitted super visa application for my parents, and CIC immediately requested their biometrics. While I am happy about the quick progress, the problem we have is that to get the biometrics done, my folks need to travel to Delhi or Kolkata, which is 3 hrs flight and the weather will be extremely hot right now. My parents are elderly and not used to extreme heat, so they are worried that they might fall sick. I had planned and timed the application, but my folks had a second thought regarding the heat, and I don't disagree with them.

Does anyone know anything about withdrawing an application that's already in progress?

Has anyone withdrawn their application and then reapplied? If so, how was your experience?
Yes you can submit a webform via the general IRCC webform from your parents indicating that they wish to withdraw their supervisa application because they have to travel hours to do their biometrics and would prefer to do so when the weather is cooler. They will resubmit when the weather is better. Always good to include a short explanation so that IRCC doesn’t wonder if there are any possible red flags. Shouldn’t be an issue although may take 1-2 months. Would ask for a refund just in case you aren’t automatically given. Perfectly reasonable reason to withdraw and won’t have an impact on future applications. Biometric are valid for 10 years so they won’t have to repeat it for a very long time. I would look up where the nearest doctor approved by IRCC to perform the medical.bIf they have to travel for both maybe you can coordinate so they can do it in one trip.

Reactions: Once-A-Marketer