+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you travel inside Canada with just your study permit?

dmuzu111

Jan 22, 2018
Can I travel within Canada with just my study permit?
I've gotten my study permit and now I'm waiting for them to give me the go to send my passport for the visa, but I was just wondering is it possible for me to just head to province that my institution is located without the visa, but have the study permit physically with me as proof?

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
I've gotten my study permit and now I'm waiting for them to give me the go to send my passport for the visa, but I was just wondering is it possible for me to just head to province that my institution is located without the visa, but have the study permit physically with me as proof?
You can move anywhere within Canada as you are legal in here. You need your Visa while entering Canada by Air or Sea.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Once you are inside Canada you can travel wherever you want domestically nobody cares that you have a study permit or not for domestic travel. If you are flying anywhere domestically you just need Id, passport is easiest option. There are no immigration checks for domestic air travel just Id matches ticket/ boarding pass. A study permit on its own would not work as ID if that is what you are implying.

See here
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/home/plan/travel-requirements/travel-documents.html