+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can you correct the mistakes on Application form after receiveing AOR?

Mitz08

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Hi All,

When we send our application to CIC in Sydney, I made two mistakes and gave incorrect dates of employment for my wife. Since then my credit card has been charged and also expecting AOR in few weeks time.

My query is that are we allowed to change these details with correct one and if we do so, Case worker/ Immigration worker would they hold it against our application or not?

Seniors and whoever has experience/ knowledge in similar matter please reply at your earliest convenience.

Many Thanks

Mitz08

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Seniors Please reply

tarakrs

Champion Member
May 17, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Certainly you can change but, you need to write a letter justifying your change.... one thing to keep in mind since, you are making change in your work experience field, it can raise an interview.... Making changes in Work Experience or Education from previous submission is not wise

Mitz08

Star Member
Apr 8, 2010
London
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01/04/2010
Cheers Guys.

I'm the principal applicant and with regards to my Employment history everything is perfectly fine but it was my wife's employment dates are slightly wrong.

Thank for your response.

barsindoo

Champion Member
Jul 7, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mitz08 said:
Cheers Guys.

I'm the principal applicant and with regards to my Employment history everything is perfectly fine but it was my wife's employment dates are slightly wrong. You can effect the changes then send a cover letter explaining the changes and reasons for them.

Thank for your response.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Mitz08 said:
Cheers Guys.

I'm the principal applicant and with regards to my Employment history everything is perfectly fine but it was my wife's employment dates are slightly wrong.

Thank for your response.
These errors will not affect the decision of CIO-Sydney, so I suggest that you do not send the corrections to CIO-Sydney. Wait until you get your AOR - if you are recommended to submit the full application, make the corrections on the form then. You must also provide a cover letter that explains any changes on the application.