+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can we travel outside of Canada after giving Citizenship Test?

nmj_14

Jan 27, 2024
Hi, My husband and I are Indian Citizens with Canadian PR. We submitted our Canadian Citizenship application on Feb 9 and received an invitation to submit online test by April 13.

We have a trip booked to turks and caicos island based on our Canadian PR status on April 12-15.
My questions are:
1. After how long of submitting the test, would we receive the oath ceremony invitation?
2. Are we safe to submit our test online on March 23 and still out on April 12-14?

I hope us leaving the country for 3 days wont affect our application? please help! thanks

Yuki.03

Nov 30, 2020
GTA
LANDED..........
07-01-2021
you won't receive oath anytime soon after test. especially if you still other things in progress.. possible months before you do. it is best to do the test before leaving. if you plan to do it out of canada i believe you need to inform ircc that you will do it outside of canada. the only way you leaving canada affects your application is if you have an inperson interview or doing your oath and you won't be back by the date you are given by IRCC and they have to be rescheduled which could add additonal months to your application.

Reactions: nmj_14 and Manny2

Manny2

Star Member
Oct 13, 2023
  1. The timeline for your application after the test depends on your processing office and the current processing speed. It can range from about one month to four months, depending on whether your LPP and BG checks are completed.
  2. You must be either incredibly lucky or, in fact, unlucky to receive your ceremony invitation that quickly!

Reactions: nmj_14