Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
One possible route might be via the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program that's employment rather than education driven. It's a non-trivial path to PR but it might be worth investigating...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/eligibility-intermediate-skilled.html

Maybe start with an IEC to get your foot in the door and then https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/atlantic-immigration-pilot/how-to-immigrate.html

Aug 12, 2018
Mississauga, ON
Hi there everyone,

I'm completely new to the forums.

I and my partner have two young children. We have been considering emigrating to Canada from the UK for a long time now, but we realise it can be a difficult process.

If our plans to emigrate to Canada and get permanent citizenship don't work out, then we would plan to use a visitor visa to come over and stay for up to 6 months at a time.

I currently make money by my own means online, however I'd be looking to seek potential employers out whilst visiting Canada to see if I could possibly apply then for a working visa of some kind if this would be possible.

The main question is, can we legally purchase or rent a second home in Canada without actually having citizenship? And if so, how would we do this?

Additionally, in terms of the 6-month visa - how long do we have to wait after the 6 months before we can come back over again for another 6 months? Or can we simply extend it again without going back home?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,
YorkiesWorld

Hi YorkiesWorld,

You can buy the property in Canada even if you are not a citizen, but wherever foreign buyer tax is implemented like for example, If you are buying in Vancouver or in Toronto, and you don't have PR card, then you have to pay foreign buyer tax on the property.